HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Rolston not returning to Boston!

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Oh well, never mind... Rolston went WILD

http://www.wild.com/games/009/343/
Good!!!

I hope he always wanted to live in Minnesota.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
What is that so difficult to understand Habs fans???

Boston isn't falling appart. Current setup didn't work very well so it's a time to change faces.

B's didn't even try to sign Rolston or Murray or specially O'Donnell( )

Murray wants 5 years 30 mil, Rolston wants 4 years 17 mill.... There are better UFA on the market productionwise.

Why do you think O'Donnell signed in Phoenix for 2 mil per year? Do you seriously think playing in desert for 2 mil/year is a wish of every UFA?
Apparently Rolston's only getting 9mil for 3 years

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/9108713.htm?1c

And From Spectors:

TORONTO STAR: Ken Campbell reports Murray's agent, Anton Thun, denies O'Connell's claim that his client is seeking a five-year deal that would pay him $6 million per. Thun said that came up in negotiations with the Bruins, but that it wasn't "a financial demand" and was merely "a starting point" and claims O'Connell never made an offer to his client. Campbell also reported Paul Kariya is believed seeking that amount, and the Carolina Hurricanes attempted to trade Kevin Weekes to the Maple Laffs after the June entry draft but was turned down.

So it sounds like Murray might settle for less than the 30 mil too.

So it sounds like Boston just wasn't interested, price may not have been the deciding factor.

Last edited by Squeaky: 07-08-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old
07-08-2004, 03:58 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Apparently Rolston's only getting 9mil for 3 years

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/9108713.htm?1c

And From Spectors:

TORONTO STAR: Ken Campbell reports Murray's agent, Anton Thun, denies O'Connell's claim that his client is seeking a five-year deal that would pay him $6 million per. Thun said that came up in negotiations with the Bruins, but that it wasn't "a financial demand" and was merely "a starting point" and claims O'Connell never made an offer to his client. Campbell also reported Paul Kariya is believed seeking that amount, and the Carolina Hurricanes attempted to trade Kevin Weekes to the Maple Laffs after the June entry draft but was turned down.

So it sounds like Murray might settle for less than the 30 mil too.

So it sounds like Boston just wasn't interested, price may not have been the deciding factor.
I think his demonstrated lack of character has something to do with it as well! Good decision by the B's if you ask me.

Old
07-08-2004, 04:36 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:

Boston isn't falling appart. Current setup didn't work very well so it's a time to change faces.

As a Habs fan I will assume you asked this question of me!

The free agency market is in a remarkable state this summer given all the uncertainty. GM's are making decisions about players based on salary levels far more than in the past. GM's are also keeping things to their chest and not jumping on the UFA bidding war thing as has been done in the past. All this points to the fact that a team's final lineup is not going to be known in July this year. There will be lots of tinkering and tweaking all summer long. The B's lineup and the Habs' lineup will be different in the fall from what it is now.

No biggie to me, and I personally don't think either team is falling apart. But a particular Hab fan "hoping" that this is the sign of the apocalypse in Beantown is no different than an un-named B's fan on their board hoping that we don't sign Kovalev. The good old rivalry doesn't take the summer off!!

Old
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

Murray wants 5 years 30 mil, Rolston wants 4 years 17 mill.... There are better UFA on the market productionwise.

Why do you think O'Donnell signed in Phoenix for 2 mil per year? Do you seriously think playing in desert for 2 mil/year is a wish of every UFA?

Old
07-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Habber

Geez I thought the owners were tightening up the market and then the Wild gives an overrated 3rd liner like Rolston $3mil. Talk about overpaying. Are they under some kind of misconception that he's a 2nd liner or what?

Closed Thread