HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kost... after 10 games review

Old
11-05-2008, 10:21 AM
AD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
As far as I'm concerned, GFTO is still OK to use, I mean, it doesn't mean anything and all...
You're allowed..

Just not as a welcome against noobs.

So.. how bout this.

"Spree.. tell Noob X to GTFO!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
At one point, people will need to realize that in a hockey player resides a human being.
Or is it, in a human being resides a hockey player.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
OMFG PANIC!!!
Trade S. Kostitsyn!!

Please be sure to use this sarcastic approach when talking about Tenderness.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

People are noticing, Sergei

Time to show the same intensity as your brother. Maybe Andrei is losing his hair because he's fretting about you. Please turn off your cruise control.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...st-aveugle.php

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Fire Brunet*

Double chin

He must live with Latendresse or something...

Latendresse

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Next Best Thing*

He's a smart player, he'll figure it out and come back to his usual ways.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
He's a smart player, he'll figure it out and come back to his usual ways.
No matter how smart/talented he is, it doesn't matter. He must work harder!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-06-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Speculation.
HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Party Animal? Who cares?

It comes with the territory, he's what, 21?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Party Animal? Who cares?

It comes with the territory, he's what, 21?
Exactly.. and he was the team leading scorer after 3 games, Sergei will be fine.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:43 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
I didn't see Sergei in clubs last Spring, but I did see Kovalchuk, Semin, Radulov, Ovechkin and Afinogenov a lot...

I've heard stories about Sergei too, but it was more about the effort that was absent from his game...

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:53 PM
totalrecall

sergei will come around, no doubt

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
let's just say the kid takes it for grants and is happy because he makes "big money" playing in the NHL... I doubt he put in a lot of efforts on his conditionning this summer.
thanks for the hearsay. let's see how he does with the recently demoted latendresse on the third line.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
thanks for the hearsay. let's see how he does with the recently demoted latendresse on the third line.
I actually see him doing better, since both players have had great chemestry together in the last year or so...

However, I'd like to see him with his brother... AK46 makes me think of Andrei Markov with his attitude. Sergei should follow his lead...

Old
11-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Adriatic

Love Sergei..considering he does't play PK or PP he's doing fine.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Stradale

There we go, suddenly, so many about stories Sergei comes up. He's now a lazy player, all he wanted is big money and didnt trained well in the summer.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
mcphee

Quote:
let's just say the kid takes it for grants and is happy because he makes "big money" playing in the NHL... I doubt he put in a lot of efforts on his conditionning this summer.
let's just say that if you want to and you rely on gossip you can taint most players.

He's a young guy with $ and he'll go thru what most do in that situation.

It's gossip, we've all heard whispers about more than just this kid. It's as cheap as it is undocumented.

Imagine of Chelios broke into the league today ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
There we go, suddenly, so many about stories Sergei comes up. He's now a lazy player, all he wanted is big money and didnt trained well in the summer.

5 game pointless streak in your second year, your actually just a lazy slob who partied all summer and doesn't take their job seriously.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

The facts are, the guy is not playing as hard as last year, he is more lazy, and he took nearly 15 pounds in one summer... however, I doubt he bulked up all that much. Just take a look at his face... And while you're at it, watch him play. He's not in shape at all...

But hey! It's all right that you feel a bit bitter/angry... after all, you were the ones calling me crazy this summer when I suggested that 60-70 points was a bit unrealistic for him this season... You were also the ones calling me crazy when I said Higgins was going to be in the 50-ish mark for the season one year ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
let's just say that if you want to and you rely on gossip you can taint most players.

He's a young guy with $ and he'll go thru what most do in that situation.

It's gossip, we've all heard whispers about more than just this kid. It's as cheap as it is undocumented.

Imagine of Chelios broke into the league today ?
Because Price is a party animal?
Komisarek was?
Higgins was?
Hell, Latendresse is a party animal? I'd be upset, since he got a kid this summer...
Andrei, his brother, was a party animal?

As for Chelios, he'd not be a party animal, because in the league, today, player are required to be in a phenomenal physical shape... Nothing like 20 years ago where some players were smoking between the periods...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-06-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old
11-06-2008, 01:37 PM
le_sean

Quote:
That's what I heard... If you don't want to take it, so be it. I don't care, it's not like I've got anything to win. Why would I say this anyway?

The facts are, the guy is not playing as hard as last year, he is more lazy, and he took nearly 15 pounds in one summer... however, I doubt he bulked up all that much. Just take a look at his face... And while you're at it, watch him play. He's not in shape at all...

But hey! It's all right that you feel a bit bitter/angry... after all, you were the ones calling me crazy this summer when I suggested that 60-70 points was a bit unrealistic for him this season... You were also the ones calling me crazy when I said Higgins was going to be in the 50-ish mark for the season one year ago...
It's just something that happens all the time to second year players. Look at Backstrom, Enstrom, Toews, Gagner. I'm not too worried.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Mike8

Quote:
No matter how smart/talented he is, it doesn't matter. He must work harder!

I've heard a couple of stories in the World Championships in Quebec this last spring... let's say Sergei is not all that dedicated to his career as some seem to say.
I see. Based on stories, you've determined that you know S.Kostitsyn is not a hard worker and is not dedicated to the game of hockey.

Well, that's sufficiently compelling for me to believe.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
m00ks

"My love don't Kostytsin..."

-Jlo.

He'll bounce back.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I see. Based on stories, you've determined that you know S.Kostitsyn is not a hard worker and is not dedicated to the game of hockey.

Well, that's sufficiently compelling for me to believe.
No... I've determined that based on the 10 regular seasons games I've watched and the 9 pre-season games I've watched/listened...

He's had 1 good game in these 19 games. He also isn't putting in a lot of efforts, he took a lot of weight...

All these elements put together PLUS the fact that I've heard some stories about how he behaves drove me to suggest that maybe the kid is a little bit over its business right now...

Weird how Lapierre, Brisebois, Latendresse get criticized after 1 bad game... yet as soon as someone suggests Sergei is not in a very good shape, he gets bashed...

Don't tell me it's bad luck... Plekanec was pure bad luck, and we all knew it was going to work sooner than later...

Right now, Sergei is not even generating anything. He looks like a Samsonov regen...

Old
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Unless you can back it up with sources. I don't want to see anymore "I've heard" stories being posted.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Mike8

Quote:
No... I've determined that based on the 10 regular seasons games I've watched and the 9 pre-season games I've watched/listened...

He's had 1 good game in these 19 games. He also isn't putting in a lot of efforts, he took a lot of weight...

All these elements put together PLUS the fact that I've heard some stories about how he behaves drove me to suggest that maybe the kid is a little bit over its business right now...

Weird how Lapierre, Brisebois, Latendresse get criticized after 1 bad game... yet as soon as someone suggests Sergei is not in a very good shape, he gets bashed...

Don't tell me it's bad luck... Plekanec was pure bad luck, and we all knew it was going to work sooner than later...

Right now, Sergei is not even generating anything. He looks like a Samsonov regen...
I think you're getting 'bashed' because you're making absurd statements. That's just my take though.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 02:08 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I think you're getting 'bashed' because you're making absurd statements. That's just my take though.
Saying Sergei is looking like a player who's not in "game shape" and that he doesn't play nearly well enough is absurd?!

weird... Carbo must make some absurd statements as well, because he even mentionned that Sergei could get scratched sooner than later if he doesn't pick his game up.

As for the unrelated stuff, do what you want. Keep on making photoshops of him and say how good and talented a player he is or whatever, right now he is playing which less effort than anybody on this team.

Kovalev and Plekanec have picked their game up in the last few games, Koivu, Tanguay, Higgins are putting pressure like crazy in the offensive zone, Lats piles up the checks like I've rarely seen him do... The fourth liners are playing inspired hockey, just as the D-Core...

Sergei has yet to show me what he's got this year. It's not like he absolutely created his own chances either... And it's not like Lang and Higigns were playing so bad...

Old
11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:

As for Chelios, he'd not be a party animal, because in the league, today, player are required to be in a phenomenal physical shape... Nothing like 20 years ago where some players were smoking between the periods...
Please, i've seen pictures of Kipper and Phaneuf smoking cigarettes. Players can have their fun..

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote