HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas and Toronto

Old
11-05-2008, 05:35 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
No, I don't mean Redden is the answer, or would have been, but the Dallas GM's obviously thought that there was a problem with the defense. They said publicly that their number one priority was getting a top pair defenseman.

Then, they go and spend every penny of cap space on another forward. Now, Dallas has no cap flexibility, and it will probably be tight next year. Many Dallas fans are banking on Modano, Lehtinen, and Zubov retiring, but I don't think you can count on that.

Modano said he wants to play at least to the end of the contract, next year. Even if he doesn't though, he signed the current contact when he was over 35 and it counts no matter what.

Despite a recent string of injuries, Lehtinen said early on in the season that he thinks he can play for a few more years.

I don't really know about Zubov, but Lehtinen and Zubov aren't going to take a huge pay cut if they re-sign, and I don't really see Dallas letting them walk.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

vCash: 500
Look for Modano to be traded! Just my gut.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 10:04 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Look for Modano to be traded! Just my gut.
I am guilty of saying that after his recent comments, but that was out of the disgust of another horrible game and the fact that Modano, starting last year, has made a habit of whining to the media about his role with the team. Those comments though were pretty accurate, but they just shouldn’t be said to the media. It’s something you say to your team and teammates to their face. At least the time he didn't get his wife, Willa Ford, to do his complaining for him though.

Anyway, he has a NTC, he IS the Dallas Stars, Brett Hull loves him (they own a restaurant together), and he's played pretty well this season. No way Dallas moves him.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
Kaberle to Dallas
Richards to Toronto
Yes, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef223 View Post
or mabye something smaller Van Ryn to Dallas , Eriksson to Toronto.
No, thanks.

Modano will never be traded in this dimension or any of the 10 others.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Kirk Maltby*

They can and should get together on a deal, just not that one.
Richards is overpaid and overrated imo.
Maybe Barch and a 2nd for Colaiacovo or White?

Kirk Maltby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
yeah I'm with Addiction on this one, Dallas has been rated in the bottom 4 by HF during the last 4 years *at least* and during that time the following have become NHL players:

- Trevor Daley
- Matt Niskanen
- Nicklas Grossman
- Mark Fistric
- Loui Eriksson
- Joel Lundqvist
- James Neal
- Fabian Brunnstrom
- Brandon Crombeen
- Tobias Stephan

not to mention guys like Mike Smith, Jussi Jokinen, and Antti Miettinen who play for different teams now but are making an impact.. but yeah, if you follow HF religiously then you'd think all of these players are nothing more then 3rd and 4th line scrubs.
Just to be a Devil's Advocate

- Trevor Daley -6 with an TOI average of 22:09 (can you still be a prospect at 25 entering your 4th NHL season?)
- Matt Niskanen -7 with an TOI average of 16:53 (+22 last season is only 21)
- Joel Lundqvist 15 points in 100 NHL games, 26 years old
- Fabian Brunnstrom Was never a prospect for the Stars, signed as a free agent, never came up the stars system

Like I said, this is not much negative towards the players (except the goalies have to start stopping the puck, what is this? 50 GAA?)
The Stars do seem like they should be ranked higher than 27 based on the players that have come out of their system.

I'm still hoping Tukonen can make it to the big league some day.

Last edited by Judge Sauer*: 11-06-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote