HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sergei Kost... after 10 games review

Old
11-06-2008, 01:24 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Please, i've seen pictures of Kipper and Phaneuf smoking cigarettes. Players can have their fun..
ah... give me a break... they are professionals and they should act just like this...

And you're talking about two proven star players there... Not a 21 years old sophomore coming off a 0,5PPG season who still has everything to prove...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

It could be worse. We could instead have another "Sergei" playing for us again. I think it's safe to say at this 10 game mark that other "Sergei" stinks again. The only true excitement to his game is watching him skate with the puck around the perimeter 4 times and losing the puck. "Hey, watch me dangle around the boards and basically create: NOTHING".

How can a player constantly turn "something" into "nothing" beats me.

I prefer this "Sergei" to "SS"!

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Mother Pucker

Anyhow, Sergei will come around. There is just too much of a winning mentality around him, too much guys with work ethic as examples, too much hype about him for him not to be motivated or re-become a workhorse. Not to mention the friendly rivalry that must exist with his bro. After all he is an integral part of the **** brothers!

Tyts brothers is what I meant ..

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
No... I've determined that based on the 10 regular seasons games I've watched and the 9 pre-season games I've watched/listened...

He's had 1 good game in these 19 games. He also isn't putting in a lot of efforts, he took a lot of weight...

All these elements put together PLUS the fact that I've heard some stories about how he behaves drove me to suggest that maybe the kid is a little bit over its business right now...

Weird how Lapierre, Brisebois, Latendresse get criticized after 1 bad game... yet as soon as someone suggests Sergei is not in a very good shape, he gets bashed...

Don't tell me it's bad luck... Plekanec was pure bad luck, and we all knew it was going to work sooner than later...

Right now, Sergei is not even generating anything. He looks like a Samsonov regen...

A stretch of 5-6 so-so games in a row and the kid is out of shape, isn't taking his hockey career seriously and is lazy ?! LOL give me a break !!

In the first 3-4 games of the season, he was a beast and was all over the ice, until that Hit on his brother !! geezz

The kid is still shaken about the hit on his Brother, give him some time.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-06-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Stick to the thread topic.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I'm glad we drafted a *****. I agree that it's just a stretch of bad games, it happens to every player, but to blame it on that hit is ridiculous. If it actually affected him in any way it should have fired him up. Plus it's not like his brother his dead, he missed a couple of games.

He's just playing poorly, there's no explanation, it's not because he's partying, every player does, it's not because his brother was hit, he's a professional.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 03:34 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm glad we drafted a *****. I agree that it's just a stretch of bad games, it happens to every player, but to blame it on that hit is ridiculous. If it actually affected him in any way it should have fired him up. Plus it's not like his brother his dead, he missed a couple of games.

He's just playing poorly, there's no explanation, it's not because he's partying, every player does, it's not because his brother was hit, he's a professional.
Exactly...

You cant attribute poor play to one reason. I mean seriously, his sub par play isnt a direct cause from his going to the clubs (Oh no...a 20 year old partying...STOP THE PRESSES!!!) nor is it from an injury his brother had 2 weeks ago.

Slumps are a snowball effect. One thing goes wrong, you try to overcompensate in another department, then things follow like clockwork.

If Sergei wants to pick it up, he just has to go back to doing the little things right.

Old
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
A stretch of 5-6 so-so games in a row and the kid is out of shape, isn't taking his hockey career seriously and is lazy ?! LOL give me a break !!

In the first 3-4 games of the season, he was a beast and was all over the ice, until that Hit on his brother !! geezz

I agree we should give him some time...

Just like you are willing to do with Kyle Chipchura...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
ah... give me a break... they are professionals and they should act just like this...
That Phaneuf photo he was mentioning was taken when Dion was a rookie and Kipper was still having to prove the 04 playoffs were not a fluke.

Heresay or not, who cares if players are partying? You'd be upset if Gui was partying because he has a kid? What sort of ridiculous standards do you hold towards people?

Hammer, I don't care for the overrating of Sergei Kostitsyn either when other players don't get the same free pass, but the difference between someone just discussing a player and someone insulting a player is when people try to put down a player to no end without restraint. You're doing that with Sergei, just as Erika does it with Chipchura and others do it with Brisebois, Latendresse and Begin.

Sometimes, you gotta weigh both sides and make a centered decision.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Really loved the interview he gave on RDS, I loled at it as he gives the journalist the '' wtf '' treatment

at the start of the interview the journalist asks him what he thinks of Carbo's comments on his lack of work ?

S.Kost answers something like : His work ???

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Erika , what I don't see is any discusion of what he may be doing wrong on the ice, what he needs to do to improve, just he's upset about his brother. Surely you can do better than player a is great, player x sucks.

You must see some things in his game that you don't like over the last 2 weeks. You can't just cheer when your favourite scores and lay low when the player you don't like scores .

As for talk of the night life, ferchrissakes, that's what young people do. Since the beginning of time. If anyone thinks that young guys with $ aren't finding ways to enjoy what comes with it, you're living in a child like dream world where the players show up solely for their love of the game and the glory of wearing the CH.

I have no way of knowing a thing about off ice behaviour. You hear things, but most don't post what they hear. If players are doing things they shouldn't, more often than not, word gets around. The word gets to people like Gainey and Carbo who have been around the block and know how to handle these situations, should they need to be. To say that he appears out of shape because he's slumped is ludicrous.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 07:50 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Erika , what I don't see is any discusion of what he may be doing wrong on the ice, what he needs to do to improve, just he's upset about his brother. Surely you can do better than player a is great, player x sucks.

You must see some things in his game that you don't like over the last 2 weeks. You can't just cheer when your favourite scores and lay low when the player you don't like scores .

As for talk of the night life, ferchrissakes, that's what young people do. Since the beginning of time. If anyone thinks that young guys with $ aren't finding ways to enjoy what comes with it, you're living in a child like dream world where the players show up solely for their love of the game and the glory of wearing the CH.

I have no way of knowing a thing about off ice behaviour. You hear things, but most don't post what they hear. If players are doing things they shouldn't, more often than not, word gets around. The word gets to people like Gainey and Carbo who have been around the block and know how to handle these situations, should they need to be. To say that he appears out of shape because he's slumped is ludicrous.
Are you sure you're not my father?

Old
11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Are you sure you're not my father?
He is father to us all.
Just don't tell your "dad"

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
He is father to us all.
You mean AD?

Old
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

Of all the excuses possible you just had to choose that one

Listen to me carefully, it took MAX 10 min for him to get over it, he's a pro, and Andrei was fine the day after the hit.He's been back for the last 2 weeks, if Sergei is so weak mentally then he has no place in the NHL. For your sake, don't ever say that again...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 08:22 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post

Old
11-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Namso

Quote:

Andrei actually WAS hit, and he was feeling better right after the game, missed only a few games, has already returned, has already contributed, and is playing quite well now.

Sergei on the other hand is still shaken from only a hit that he saw? Come on, give Sergei more respect than that.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Andrei actually WAS hit, and he was feeling better right after the game, missed only a few games, has already returned, has already contributed, and is playing quite well now.

Sergei on the other hand is still shaken from only a hit that he saw? Come on, give Sergei more respect than that.
Sergei is a precious, rare flower

Old
11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Sergei is a precious, rare flower
Friend of ours, her son was never much at helping out with chores, good kid though, we always referred to him as the delicate flower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
He is father to us all.
I prefer kindly uncle, that maybe drinks too much and tells a story that he told 15 minutes ago.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-07-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post

People ASSUME I talked about nightlife... In fact I never did... I never even described exactly the situation which lead me to say he is not taking his business very seriously... And I can't even do it, since I can't quote a related, establshed known source... Anyway, beleive me or not, all I can tell you is that these are REALLY not only based on hearsay... It's based on somebody I know really well... who got the chance to see him face to face...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:08 AM
mcphee

Quote:
People ASSUME I talked about nightlife... In fact I never did... I never even described exactly the situation which lead me to say he is not taking his business very seriously... And I can't even do it, since I can't quote a related, establshed known source... Anyway, beleive me or not, all I can tell you is that these are REALLY not only based on hearsay... It's based on somebody I know really well... who got the chance to see him face to face...
I remember working at Jarry Park as a kid. A popular player was standing beside me on eafternoon, and said, ' f, I don't feel like playing, I hope it f ing rains' The first time I heard an athlete talk lik ethis, I was shocked, shocked at how they weren't excited every minute of every day to be a big league ballplayer.

Then I met guys who like anyone else said stuff just to say it. Then you met guys hanging out with elements that made you cringe. It's all part of it and to think that these guys are like the players that we read about in children's sports novels is naive.

My point is that you can win a spend the weekend with Sergei contest, hang out with him after games, see what he does on game days, and you might think, wow, that's unprofessional, but you don't know someone because you see or hear something you don't like.

Truth be told, there are guys that some of us have heard whispers about that would appeal to posters that have an Enquirer side to them, but wouldn't post.

I remember years ago, someone calling in Melnick's show, ranting about how he saw Damphoussse sitting in a bar smoking cigarettes, rather than , what I assume he meant, training at that very instant. He was promptly cut off and th eon air message was 'don't call my show with that crap anymore' It's cheap and too small a sampling to have any meaning whatsoever.

Old
11-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
is this like the Kovalev ZZZZZzzzz thread....

Sergei 4 point night on Saturday.
WOoooooo works like a charm.... big goal by Sergei.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Sergei....after the last minute in the 3rd review....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote