HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lounge/Date thread Part XXX-3 The "H10H gets hitched" edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Fido22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Lets work on finding a name for the upcoming thread..

I say we DON'T call it the Fido's getting hitched edition.

Out of spite for the dog.
I agree. Fido's not hitched yet. Bacteria is putting up a fight! Spent the evening at the clinic, my gf came down with a pretty painful infection. So, I'll delay til next weekend.

She dodged a bullet there and didn't even know it.

Funny thing though, next saturday turns out to be the 15th. The 15th is an odd coincidence date for us and her family. Good thing I'm not a sucker for these kinds of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Oooooooooooooooooh.
Now I see what you did there, Jaydee.
I see nothing.

Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Fido: If she wants to wear her grandmother's ring for the engagement, you must get her some other sort of diamond as well. A different ring or a pair of earrings, or a diamond-encrusted big-screen TV.
Ok, we'll make a deal at the encrusted big screen tv. Hmmmm, diamond encrusted beer holder attached to the tv. Romantic. Practical. Nice.

Seriously, you guys should meet my gf. She is one of the most simple people I have ever meet when it comes to these things. Kinda of a "purist" of intentions really. She has always been put off by the whole hoopla of weddings and all that surround it. She finds most wedding celebrations and engagements end up being so caught up in what is essentially trying to impress people that the actual act of marriage gets lost. She doesn't really understand why a big show is necessary, when the substance is that two people commit to each other and that in of itself takes very little show or formality. She's quite adamant about these things. We have our differences and have worked out issues over the years, but her core values and ability to "keep it real" has always been what has drawn me in in the first place. On our first date we ended up having a drink and talking some and she directed the conversation towards her grandmother and kept on going with it. I didn't know many tall, good looking 23 year old college students that talked much plainly and openly about caring for their grandmothers on a first date. I was quite intrigued to dig deeper and get to know her better. Among other things, she is very true to herself and the people she cares about. That causes some issues of flexibility at times, but for a person like me who admires integrity above other values…she’s a match.

All this to say, she really doesn't care about the gift or the actual ceremony. She is really the type to look for the engagement, has already found it and hence cares little about the actual wedding (which she considers a waste of energy and resources).

In the end, I'm a bit different from her and am more inclined to be more traditional and formalist. I did choose out a diamond necklace for the occasion. She'll like it, but think it completely not necessary and over the top. Still, I think she'll be touched and she does definitely deserve it.

Old
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I would like to point out that I am now the leader in the pool

Old
11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Fido22

It's just a stupid hockey pool Chezz, I mean who cares anyway. Gezzzz!

Old
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
It's just a stupid hockey pool Chezz, I mean who cares anyway. Gezzzz!

You *****

Old
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
You *****
And anyway, I'm almost sorta climbing out of the basement (if you look at it in the right angle, in the right light).

Marty Turco and Martin Gerber as goalies

Come to think of it, this is a bad year for Martin goalies.

Old
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
And anyway, I'm almost sorta climbing out of the basement (if you look at it in the right angle, in the right light).

Marty Turco and Martin Gerber as goalies

Come to think of it, this is a bad year for Martin goalies.
And to think, I got the record I do with a struggling Ovechkin.

MUahahahaha

Old
11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
OMG. What a ****** morning at the shows. My dog was being an ass. I'm not even kidding you, he tried to hump my leg right before putting him on the table. I threatened to karate chop his nuts off if he jacked off on the table (as his father has been known to do). THEN, I lost to a BIG time professional handler. My only concession is that it was a nice dog, a straight female judge, and I put points on Tara.

Eish.

Old
11-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
And to think, I got the record I do with a struggling Ovechkin.

MUahahahaha
Gezz Chezz, it's just a stupid hockey pool man! Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
OMG. What a ****** morning at the shows. My dog was being an ass. I'm not even kidding you, he tried to hump my leg right before putting him on the table. I threatened to karate chop his nuts off if he jacked off on the table (as his father has been known to do). THEN, I lost to a BIG time professional handler. My only concession is that it was a nice dog, a straight female judge, and I put points on Tara.

Eish.
You want results at the show lady? You give me biscuits and rub my belly before we head out. And the good kind, not that crappy stuff you try to pawn on me.

Otherwise, there's more of where that came from right here for you!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old
11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Russeltown

I'm slowly climbing, I just can't wait to pass Ozy....

Old
11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I agree. Fido's not hitched yet. Bacteria is putting up a fight! Spent the evening at the clinic, my gf came down with a pretty painful infection. So, I'll delay til next weekend.

She dodged a bullet there and didn't even know it.

Funny thing though, next saturday turns out to be the 15th. The 15th is an odd coincidence date for us and her family. Good thing I'm not a sucker for these kinds of things.

I see nothing.

Dog

Ok, we'll make a deal at the encrusted big screen tv. Hmmmm, diamond encrusted beer holder attached to the tv. Romantic. Practical. Nice.

Seriously, you guys should meet my gf. She is one of the most simple people I have ever meet when it comes to these things. Kinda of a "purist" of intentions really. She has always been put off by the whole hoopla of weddings and all that surround it. She finds most wedding celebrations and engagements end up being so caught up in what is essentially trying to impress people that the actual act of marriage gets lost. She doesn't really understand why a big show is necessary, when the substance is that two people commit to each other and that in of itself takes very little show or formality. She's quite adamant about these things. We have our differences and have worked out issues over the years, but her core values and ability to "keep it real" has always been what has drawn me in in the first place. On our first date we ended up having a drink and talking some and she directed the conversation towards her grandmother and kept on going with it. I didn't know many tall, good looking 23 year old college students that talked much plainly and openly about caring for their grandmothers on a first date. I was quite intrigued to dig deeper and get to know her better. Among other things, she is very true to herself and the people she cares about. That causes some issues of flexibility at times, but for a person like me who admires integrity above other values…she’s a match.

All this to say, she really doesn't care about the gift or the actual ceremony. She is really the type to look for the engagement, has already found it and hence cares little about the actual wedding (which she considers a waste of energy and resources).

In the end, I'm a bit different from her and am more inclined to be more traditional and formalist. I did choose out a diamond necklace for the occasion. She'll like it, but think it completely not necessary and over the top. Still, I think she'll be touched and she does definitely deserve it.

I'm falling in love with her. Shame she's tall. I guess your point to her, not that you need me expalining it, is that the ceremony is a celebration of your relationship.

I shouldn't be doing this without hf4's input, we're trying to market a column, but I'll take a chance.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
ESunlin

Quote:
You want results at the show lady? You give me biscuits and rub my belly before we head out. And the good kind, not that crappy stuff you try to pawn on me.

Otherwise, there's more of where that came from right here for you!

Seriously, what more do you want? I gave you liver! What do I get in return? A pain in the ass, you humped my leg, and then stuck your damn head up my skirt when I was trying to put you back in the crate. I'm not rubbing your belly. When that happened with the father, he jizzed all over a ****ing hotel bed (not mine thankyouverymuch).

Dogs

Old
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
I'm slowly climbing, I just can't wait to pass Ozy....

What? you wanna make a pass at me??? You should know better buddy. I'm married now, and you were the best man at the wedding, for crying out loud.

Oh wait, you were talking about the pool, right?

Well, dream on, despite not having good goalies and having drafted Gaborik and Gonchar on friggin auto-draft, my other players are fairing quite well, I even jumped in the standings this week. Wait till this week-end.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
ESunlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What? you wanna make a pass at me??? You should know better buddy. I'm married now, and you were the best man at the wedding, for crying out loud.
I'll be forced to kill him... oh wait. The hockey pool. Right.

I almost decided to skip class and got to sleep, but I figure if I go to class, my sister and I can meet up and check out a new store that just opened, since I'll already be in town.....

ETA: You're a dwerd.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
is it the aids?
no, i'm pretty sure it was either LW, or Beaker's sister...

Old
11-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Oh wait, you were talking about the pool, right?

Well, dream on, despite not having good goalies and having drafted Gaborik and Gonchar on friggin auto-draft, my other players are fairing quite well, I even jumped in the standings this week. Wait till this week-end.
Excuses!!!

Remember that I was the Russell when we made the draft, which means that my picks were solely based on the players' good-lookingness. I didn't draft Theo or Stamkos for nothing you know! Such time being' over, I had to rearrange my draft and, hopefully, things are getting better and better.

I know you went up this week, but I went up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
I'll be forced to kill him... oh wait. The hockey pool. Right.

I almost decided to skip class and got to sleep, but I figure if I go to class, my sister and I can meet up and check out a new store that just opened, since I'll already be in town.....

ETA: You're a dwerd.
What is a dwerd?

Old
11-07-2008, 11:55 AM
ESunlin

Peace out. I'm going to class.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:58 AM
mcphee

My wife's big sale is on. Our house is crowded with young ladies shopping. Young
families, usually in their first owned home are his biggest market group. I'm shocked at the self control these women have shown.

I've gone downstairs a few times and not one of them has made an overt pass at me. Maybe they don't know I'm leaving soon ?

Hard to believe ehh ?

Old
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
My wife's big sale is on. Our house is crowded with young ladies shopping. Young
families, usually in their first owned home are his biggest market group. I'm shocked at the self control these women have shown.

I've gone downstairs a few times and not one of them has made an overt pass at me. Maybe they don't know I'm leaving soon ?

Hard to believe ehh ?
Can we see pictures of these young ladies?

Old
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'm falling in love with her. Shame she's tall. I guess your point to her, not that you need me expalining it, is that the ceremony is a celebration of your relationship.

I shouldn't be doing this without hf4's input, we're trying to market a column, but I'll take a chance.
Kind of like a funeral is a celebration of one's life....

Old
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
3-9, what kind of a shift is that?

One I'm not working. I'm out at 8 for the hockey game.

Old
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post

Edit: AD, I promise I'll wave to you from my seat here at 8:45am this morning.
I waved this morning at 8:45am AD, did you see me?

Old
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Iwishihadacup

I'm a broken poster... my internets stallion got killed by my fellow posters

Old
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D View Post
Who's Mac? Wait a second .... does Mac = MoonMan?

WTK is from Halifax. MoonMan is from Halifax.

WTK seems to have a special bond with H10H (lil bro). MoonMan seems to have a special bond with H10H ("Hey H10H, it's me MoonMan. Of course I will accept your proposal for marriage.")

WTK seems to be clueless when it comes to the ladies. MoonMan is smooth and follows the WWJBD rules.

I think I've cracked the code. MoonMan is WTK's alter ego. WTK = Mac = MoonMan
Good lord, it all makes sense now. Damn you accountants and your logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
3-9, what kind of a shift is that?

One I'm not working. I'm out at 8 for the hockey game.
It's called the "I Party all night, sleep all day while living in my parents basement" shift.

Old
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I waved this morning at 8:45am AD, did you see me?
I waved in your general direction..

Old
11-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I waved in your general direction..
You know the saddest part is that's the highlight of my day so far.

Closed Thread