HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Quenneville to coach Colorado

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 02:18 PM
hoserthehorrible

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich

And I'm the juvenile one?

BTW, genius, if I asked a question about the league prior to the cap, one might think that I'd need to read the CBA the league had prior to the 93 season.
Yes you are. Do your own research and don't be so lazy. It's not that hard to use a search engine.

Earlier you wanted to argue that the cap wasn't in place until they enforced the cap limits and imposed penalties and restrictions even though the salary cap terms and conditions were written into the CBA. So, using your logic not mine, the 1993 CBA was in place prior to the NFL's salary cap.

Genius.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:22 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
When the NFL implemented a cap, teams had to immediately get under it.
You've argued it both ways now. Either the cap was implemented when the 1993 CBA was signed, or it wasn't implemented until subsequent years. Make up your mind. You can't have it both ways to help you back up your flawed arguments. It doesn't work that way, sorry.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:36 PM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
You've argued it both ways now. Either the cap was implemented when the 1993 CBA was signed, or it wasn't implemented until subsequent years. Make up your mind. You can't have it both ways to help you back up your flawed arguments. It doesn't work that way, sorry.
More lies.

Find one place where I said the cap was implemented when the 1993 CBA was signed.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:45 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
More lies.

Find one place where I said the cap was implemented when the 1993 CBA was signed.
Your posts #47 and #50 effectively contradict each other with regards as to when you want to have the salary cap "implemented". Which way is it?

Please don't tell me I have to spell it out for you. I don't do I?

Last edited by hoserthehorrible: 07-08-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Old
07-08-2004, 06:50 PM
DarioinDenver

How about that Quenville eh?

As far as the Avs being in decline, prospects being weak and all that... We've heard that before and we've heard it about the Wings. Did you know Liles or Svatos before last year? Do you know Videll, Boychuk or Collins? Not the big time names I'll grant you but the Avs always seem to develope talent out of their system when it counts. The pool is thin, there's little arguement but there's quality there too. The Avs got a little more help in the latest draft and they have a lot of picks in the next one. So in three to four years things will be interesting and PL will need to make adjustments but after 3 to 4 years the prospects should theoretically be towards the tail end of developement and ready to make the jump. So the tricky part for the Avs will be in a few years but that's still a few years away.

Old
07-08-2004, 11:09 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Whether or not those playes turned out well doesn't chnage the fact that he overpaid for both Blake and Bourque. There's a reason why your farm system is crap right now and that's the reason. Also, it was quite convenient that you left out every one of his recent trades
overpaid for bourque and blake, two perennial norris trophy winners? thats quite a load of b.s. the avs won the stanley cup on the backs of these two players anchoring the defense...oh and you should know, all those prospects lacroix was willing to let go in those trades, haven't made much of an impact in the NHL. lacroix has a tendency to retain his best prospects while using others as trade bait. thus, how can our farm team be "crap" because of these trades? and as far as recent trades goes...the konowalchuk deal was hailed by some hockey insiders as a steal for colorado. only the gratton trade is subject to debate...but you cannot pass judgement just yet.

by the way, i find it uncanny that you're focusing on pierre's recent acqusitions (gratton trade included i assume) that haven't "worked out". any open minded person will pass judgement on lacroix based on all of the acquisitions he has made.

plus, i believe the gratton trade can still work out well for colorado considering vaananen's potential, gratton's ability to be a top-notch third line centerman, and the player colorado may eventually draft with the 2005 second round phoenix pick. further, morris was overpaid (based on recent play) and made expendable with colorado's own drafted player, jean-micheal liles. however, this trade could easily make colorado look bad no doubt. but what GM hasn't made a bad trade?

even more significant, however, is that lacroix's good/great trades outnumbers the bad trades. he's been able to acquire superstar players at a reasonable price as well. this has subsequently parlayed into two stanley cups.

you're obviously quick to pass negative judgement against lacroix (as evidenced by your proclaimation of the bourque and blake trades as over-payment) to support a shaky argument. bad mistake there little grasshopper.

Old
07-09-2004, 02:47 AM
Yayo

Quote:
Whether or not those playes turned out well doesn't chnage the fact that he overpaid for both Blake and Bourque.
It's like you have selective hearing or something...

What does Boston have to show for from the Bourque deal? And what did the Avs get out of that deal? A Stanley Cup...

What does Los Angeles have to show for from the Bourque deal? And what did the Avs get out of that deal? A Stanley Cup...

Now if you still think that Lacroix overpaid on those two deals, you obviously don't know what the ultimate goal of professional hockey is about.

Quote:
There's a reason why your farm system is crap right now and that's the reason.
Surely keeping snipers like Martin Grenier will restock the farm system.

Old
07-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
One thing I will half comment on though:

I think Blake is overpaid.

He's fantastic offensively, but I think he's overrated in his own end, plus he's got bad shoulders that worry me a little.

9 Mil is a tad expensive don't you think?

I think Foote is a much superior d-man than Blake, and his O game is better than advertised.

Closed Thread