HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why is it always Guillaume that copes?

Old
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
A big part of the explanation as of why the Koivu - Tanguay combo is working out so well, is that Lats consistantly gives them the puck and did all the dirty work without the puck... Which was exactly what Koivu and Tanguay needed. More often than not, lines are a question of duos, not trios.

Now, if Higgins just gives the puck to Tanguay and Koivu, and if he lets them do the puck possession job, he could get a career high in goals and points. If he play like a puck hog like last year, the whole line will struggle.

I laugh at this.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Iwishihadacup

mmmm.... How to transform an honest reputation poster with a bit of reason into a public enemy

by Iwishihadacup

No but seriously guys, all you said made me think that posting in the morning is not the best thing for me...

your arguments were great and made me realised some things... But others were blatantly fake

Lets face it, we got Latendresse who is the rated 1st ennemy of habs nation I mean, he didnt deserve to make the team, he never buries his chances, he always leaches from his linemates, he is french. I mean he's evil so nobody really cares about were he plays because we all know he's the antichrist anyway

Then we got Higgins, this guy is the obscure imperfect hero that tries so hard we cannot hate him, tries soooooooooooo hard but we does not always see results of his plays But he is great so why should he have to earn anything?

This is how i can sum the whole Higgins-Latendresse debate

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:12 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
mmmm.... How to transform an honest reputation poster with a bit of reason into a public enemy

by Iwishihadacup

No but seriously guys, all you said made me think that posting in the morning is not the best thing for me...

your arguments were great and made me realised some things... But others were blatantly fake

Lets face it, we got Latendresse who is the rated 1st ennemy of habs nation I mean, he didnt deserve to make the team, he never buries his chances, he always leaches from his linemates, he is french. I mean he's evil so nobody really cares about were he plays because we all know he's the antichrist anyway

Then we got Higgins, this guy is the obscure imperfect hero that tries so hard we cannot hate him, tries soooooooooooo hard but we does not always see results of his plays But he is great so why should he have to earn anything?

Are you going to stop with the whole french thing? It honestly makes you seem desperate and dampens whatever point you were trying to make in the first place...

Higgins has already earned his place on the second line. It's as simple as that. He needs to play himself off that line, and so far he just hasn't, and probably won't.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Are you going to stop with the whole french thing? It honestly makes you seem desperate and dampens whatever point you were trying to make in the first place...

Higgins HAS earned his place on the second line. It's as simple as that.
hey... who said i wasn't sarcastic

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Corey

Quote:

by Iwishihadacup

You almost make me think you were unhappy that Higgins scored the tying goal against the Islanders after he replaced Lats. Should it have been disallowed? Would that have made you feel better? Who's more important, Lats or the other 22 players on the team?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Judge Sauer*

Ok so we have:
Higgins vs Sergei
Higgins vs Lats
Who's the next opponent? Why do we have to keep pitting the guys against each other? You see it in game and during practice that they all like each other and have a good time. Are we, as fans, just prone to making drama for this team when they are doing so well? Have we suffered so long that we can't enjoy the success of the team?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Who's more important, Lats or the other 22 players on the team?
ummm.. hmm that's a though one.. hmmm... I'll have to go with Lats?.....amiright?

But seriously, if Latendresse wants to play beside Koivu and Tanguay then he has to earn it. I'm not saying he didn't do good, but he didn't do good enough to displace any of the top 6. What he did do, though, was play good enough that if one of the top 6 goes down, Carbo will be feel comfortable enough in giving Gui a temporary promotion. For a 21 year old kid with two NHL seasons in the league that's already a good start.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habdynasty

Why do the fans hate higgens? I dont get it

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

and this has been discussed to death in another thread.
That what happens when Habs have no games in 6 days

zx81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Ok so we have:
Higgins vs Sergei
Higgins vs Lats
Who's the next opponent? Why do we have to keep pitting the guys against each other? You see it in game and during practice that they all like each other and have a good time. Are we, as fans, just prone to making drama for this team when they are doing so well? Have we suffered so long that we can't enjoy the success of the team?
It's the same debate or argument over and over. French vs English. It will never end!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Why does Gui's ethnicity always come into play when people talk about him?

It's the small percentage of whiners from La Belle Province that have given the whole place a bad name worldwide.

There are so many intelligent and knowlegable hockey fans in Quebec that it is sickening to see the same 5% over and over again, stuck in the 1940's, no clue about reality, reading ethnicity bias into every decision or line combination.

Higgins is clearly better right now. The good news for Gui is that he's got good linemates that will give him every chance to grow as a player this year. As the season progresses, during his better games, Carbo will reward him on the PP. He's still improving, his skating is better, his decisions are a little better. He may one day pass Higgins, but not today.

He's definitely not enemy #1, we've got 2 other French guys to hate still

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-07-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: No talking about ignore lists.
Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I laugh at this.
What makes you laugh in this?! The part where I say Higgins is not a puck-possession player? If so, well you're the one who's off the track, because it's not its game...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
habdynasty

What makes you laugh in this?! The part where I say Higgins is not a puck-possession player? If so, well you're the one who's off the track, because it's not its game...

because its not its game ???? huh

Old
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
znk

I'm starting to hate Lats because of things like these.
He took Higgins spot because Higgins got hurt. Higgins came back and for the last 3-4 games Lats has been below average.
Higgins is taking back HIS spot.

Quote:
Higgins is one of our best players to dig out the puck along the boards and to bring it to the slot area.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I'm starting to hate Lats because of things like these.
He took Higgins spot because Higgins got hurt. Higgins came back and for the last 3-4 games Lats has been below average.
Higgins is taking back HIS spot.

Higgins is one of our best players to dig out the puck along the boards and to bring it to the slot area.
Still... it brings him where? When is the last time you've seen Higgins make a perfect feed on the power play, or deke a D-Man like let's say Kovalev to be alone in front of the goalie? And sorry, but each time, as you say, Higgins takes the puck in the corner to bring it to the slot, in ends up with him taking a poor angle shot... And still, he rarely makes it through...

If he plays like this with Koivu and Tanguay, this line is going to go nowhere... Because both are better puck-possession players than Higgins... He's looking way better when he's waiting for a feed and he tries to free himself up. As long as he has the puck, nobody is going to set anybody up... Because the opponents know that when Higgins has the puck, he'll try to shoot first.

Old
11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
mrCoffea*

usually less talented players are the ones that cope

hence, Guillaume coping

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
brownman*

Quote:
When is the last time you've seen... deke a D-Man like let's say Kovalev to be alone in front of the goalie?
A LOT LOL

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

by Iwishihadacup

This is what gets to me. Who cares if he's French? I don't. I don't care if he's not French. I don't care if he's purple. I only care that he comes to work hard every game, game in, game out. Period.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
This is what gets to me. Who cares if he's French? I don't. I don't care if he's not French. I don't care if he's purple. I only care that he comes to work hard every game, game in, game out. Period.
You don't care when people are purple??? Wow....I wouldn't want to be beside you if something is wrong with me...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You don't care when people are purple??? Wow....I wouldn't want to be beside you if something is wrong with me...
If you're Purple, it's too late. A dark blue and you'll be Ok.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Iwishihadaclue

Stop worrying so much, Guillaume is still a kid, Chris Higgins was still in the AHL at his age. Robert Lang is a full time veteran with alot of offense left in him, he'l be a great mentor for a player like Latendresse, with Lang's lack of speed, he'l need his players to play very physical and very intelligent with the re puck decisions, in 3 years, i have no doubt that Latendresse will be a better player then Higgins and he'l be back with the 1st line permanentely.

For once, I agree with you. Higgins "slowed" down the line of Sergei, because the guy was running everywhere on the ice, not enough chemistry and hockey sense to play with Lang and Sergei. I'm glad Higgins got bumped out of this line. I'm sure Latendresse will do a better job than Higgins, heck even Kostopoulos did a way better job than Higgins on this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Why do the fans hate higgens? I dont get it
Simple, Higgins = Overrated !! There's much more Sergei and Latendresse fans.

right now, Sergei >> Higgins > Latendresse

In a few years, Sergei >> Latendresse >> Higgins.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Bullsmith

Tender does get more scrutiny than most because he's quebecois and he's so young, but he's moving to the third line because Higgins is playing better.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
habdynasty

Sergei sure has not done much lately, 7 games 0 points

hopefully he can turn it around tonight!

Last edited by habdynasty: 11-07-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
For once, I agree with you. Higgins "slowed" down the line of Sergei, because the guy was running everywhere on the ice, not enough chemistry and hockey sense to play with Lang and Sergei. I'm glad Higgins got bumped out of this line. I'm sure Latendresse will do a better job than Higgins, heck even Kostopoulos did a way better job than Higgins on this line.

Simple, Higgins = Overrated !! There's much more Sergei and Latendresse fans.

right now, Sergei >> Higgins > Latendresse

In a few years, Sergei >> Latendresse >> Higgins.

I'll beleive it when they will score more than 25 goals in a season.

Just a question, who do you think is a better player? Higgins or Ryder.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I'll beleive it when they will score more than 25 goals in a season.

Just a question, who do you think is a better player? Higgins or Ryder.
hmmm... you pretty much countered your own argument right there, since Higgins has never scored 30 goals... I don't think Ryder is better than Higgins as far as I'm concerned...