HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Fla

Old
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Canadiens81

vCash: 500
Mtl-Fla

This is my first post so feedback and criticism is okay. I agree with the posters that feel that the Canadiens do not need more scoring but need a #4 d-man. Now I know we are 8-1-1 and doing great but I think this trade would make us even better because we don't lose any roster players except O'Byrne who is replaced by Bouwmeester.

To Fla
Ryan O'Byrne
David Fischer
Matt D'Agostini
Conditional 1st '09

To Mtl
Jay Bouwmeester

Ryan O'Byrne will be a good d-man in a few years but we need an established d-man to round out our top 4 and Bouwmeester gives us that.
David Fischer- We have a wealth of d-man prospects he will not be missed.
Matt D'Agostini- He will either play for FLorida this year or for sure next year.
Conditonal 1st '09- If Bouwmeester resigns with us they get our pick.

I think that FLorida would take this trade because O'Byrne would step in and play right away and they get 2 good prospects and possibly a 1st albeit a late 1st.

So what do you think of thhis proposal

Of course we would need to shed about 1 million in cap space so we could fit Bouwmeester under the cap.

Canadiens81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM
decadentia

For this to work you'd have to forget about that 1st round draft pick being conditional.

I really don't know enough beyond scouting reports of those prospects.

My HFboard sense says its not enough, but in reality I think Florida is going to take a lot less than everyone thinks for Bouw.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

It looks like decent value, but just going from recent trades such as Forsberg, Hossa, Jokinen, and Richards, the team trading the big name tends to want an experienced roster player as well. Someone who has played a few years in the NHL and can fill the void left by the big name leaving. Bouillon perhaps?

Edit: And the first shouldn't be conditional.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:59 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I agree with the others. the first would have to not be conditional. Love the concept of having Bouwmeester.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

If we need a #4 defenseman, then Bouwemeester is quite an extreme luxury in that category.

I think there would have to be a fairly extreme lack of interest in Bouwemeester as the deadline approaches for the Panthers to take this. It would have to mean that everyone KNOWS he's not signing anywhere until after July 1st, and is looking for crazy-scary money when he does.

Otherwise, I think he'll draw a lot more. Older and riskier players have. Granted, maybe the Hossa deal set a precedent for low returns, but I still feel like Bouwemeester's youth and position will draw big interest, if he hits the market. Judging by the Jokinen deal, though, and their roster, the Panthers may wish to take a significant portion of their return in immediate assets, not just futures.

If Montreal could kind of use a #4 defenseman, well... some teams will NEED/WANT a #1 or #2 guy, and I think those teams make better, more desperate, offers for Bouwemeester than the Habs do.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Scrambllllle

If the first isn't conditional then its okay in the real world.

On HF...still no

Scrambllllle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Kaktus*

How is it going to work cap wise?

Habs will need to sign Koivu, maybe even Kovalev, Komisarek is about to become UFA plus Jays 6-7M a year? Lang will walk real soon (not a big loss) but creates a 3rd line hole.

Habs can certainly build a deal around Higgins or maybe move Hamrlik in this trade which is also an option.

Habs has the best chance to trade for Jay they absolutely have what it takes to get a player like that

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-07-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Canadiens81

If you look at the Hossa deal last year they got christensen, Armstrong, Esposito and a 1st. So that was 2 average players a previous 1st rounder in Esposito and a 1st. I personally feel they overpaid for Hossa. I think teams know that Bouwmeester is going to wait for July 1st to sign and test the market so he will not get as much return as people think. The only reason I hesitate to get rid of our 1st this year is that the draft is in Montreal. But I agree they probably would want it not to be conditional. I don't think it is smart to give up a top 6 forward for him and I don't think Gainey would do that.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

Habs will need to sign Koivu, maybe even Kovalev, Komisarek is about to become UFA plus Jays 6-7M a year? Lang will walk real soon (not a big loss) but creates a 3rd line hole.

Habs can certainly build a deal around Higgins or maybe move Hamrlik in this trade which is also an option.

Habs has the best chance to trade for Jay they absolutely have what it takes to get a player like that
Thank you for stealing my punch

we can't even put J-Bo in then line-up THIS YEAR with the contract he has right now

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Thank you for stealing my punch

we can't even put J-Bo in then line-up THIS YEAR with the contract he has right now
Sorry?

Old
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Canadiens81

We could if we got rid of Begin or Dandenault.

Old
11-07-2008, 12:10 PM
bergeronisgod*

impossible

theres absolutely NO chance that Montreal gets J-BO unless its strictly for a rental... they cannot afford to have over 30 million spent on 4 defencemen ( Markov - 6M + Hamrlik - 5.5M + Komisarek - over 5M and resign JBO at %M +++.... impossible my friends

bergeronisgod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeronisgod View Post
theres absolutely NO chance that Montreal gets J-BO unless its strictly for a rental... they cannot afford to have over 30 million spent on 4 defencemen ( Markov - 6M + Hamrlik - 5.5M + Komisarek - over 5M and resign JBO at %M +++.... impossible my friends
Doable if Habs move Hamrlik and a forward and pick or prospect. Question, does Florida want Hamrlik as a replacement or do they want picks prospects and forwards back.

After trading Jokinen for d-men and then trading for McCabe I think they would be looking to get young forwards back. Kovalev is not wanted maybe Tanguay or Plekanec or Higgins or Kostitsyn brothers plus is not out of the question. Maybe a few of those forwards. Not exactly sure about it.

Markov 6
Jay 6-7M a tear
and Komie around 4.5M or a little over.
Seems like a lot.

Old
11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
neofury*

Everyone stop trying to use Fischer in your tradebait arguments, it makes a tool out of you right off the bat. The guy has not progressed for **** at the level he's in and people seem to think he's the next Mike Komisarek.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
neofury*

I also agree about the sentiments about Jaybo not re-signing here due to montreals choice. We don't have the $$$ and we would only be renting him out for a cup run in the first place.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Beakermania*

I think you need to take that "conditional" off the first rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

I'm fine with having him as a rental. I still do the deal.

This makes the habs defence the best in the league... add that to our offence and you have to be the favorite to win the east and go to the cup finals. Winning the cup is worth the sacrifice IMO.

Quote:
So its a rental... fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Everyone stop trying to use Fischer in your tradebait arguments, it makes a tool out of you right off the bat. The guy has not progressed for **** at the level he's in and people seem to think he's the next Mike Komisarek.
I'm fine with giving florida the choice of any one defensive prospect they want, as long as McDonagh and Subban are protected.

They can have any one they want of
Carle, Weber, Valentenko, Emelin, Fischer, Korneev, and the others..

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:41 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Uh, what the **** dude?

Who in the hell EVER compared Fischer to Mike Komisarek?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if they do get JBo it is for rental, hard to say if they resign him. Also don't know about the math there. If those 4 defencemen are making 30 mil, that means JBo is signing for roughly 14 mill a year?

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote