HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van/TB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2008, 11:51 PM
  #1
19nazzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 17,193
vCash: 500
Van/TB

To Vancouver:
Radim Vrbata

To Tampa Bay:
Taylor Pyatt
3rd rounder in 09


Canucks get a more skilled player that could excel in Vancouver while the Lightning get a bigger and somewhat more consistent player at less cost.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:20 AM
  #2
Peter
Registered User
 
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alberta
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
To Vancouver:
Radim Vrbata

To Tampa Bay:
Taylor Pyatt
3rd rounder in 09


Canucks get a more skilled player that could excel in Vancouver while the Lightning get a bigger and somewhat more consistent player at less cost.
Better yet...when Demitra comes back off of injury send Pyatt and our 3rd rounder in '09 for Tampa's 2nd and 5th pick in '09.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:26 AM
  #3
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
I don't think the trade makes sense. I do think its pretty fair, could maybe even downgrade the pick to a 4th or 5th.

Other than the small sample size of Vrbata in Tampa (he's been out with a hurt groin the past few games), I tend to feel his performance last year was a streaky aberration. I don't expect him to provide that great a return on the contractual investment the Lightning put in to him, thought his signing was one of the more "WTF are they doing" moments of the offseason, and wouldn't be sad to see him go. All that said, I doubt the Lightning look to trade him so early in the season/his contract.

Vrbata for Pyatt+pick?

I support that trade and find it doubly unlikely to happen, unfortunately.

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:33 AM
  #4
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,810
vCash: 500
Honestly, I think Vrbata could be acquired for a pick if he was available.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:51 AM
  #5
Aqualung
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
lolz no to that salary

Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:03 AM
  #6
Theron
#beauty
 
Theron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
how about this I had this in 09 dynasty happen.

St Louis

for

Edler
Raymond
2nd rounder pick ( maybe higher)

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:06 AM
  #7
19nazzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 17,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
I don't think the trade makes sense. I do think its pretty fair, could maybe even downgrade the pick to a 4th or 5th.

Other than the small sample size of Vrbata in Tampa (he's been out with a hurt groin the past few games), I tend to feel his performance last year was a streaky aberration. I don't expect him to provide that great a return on the contractual investment the Lightning put in to him, thought his signing was one of the more "WTF are they doing" moments of the offseason, and wouldn't be sad to see him go. All that said, I doubt the Lightning look to trade him so early in the season/his contract.

Vrbata for Pyatt+pick?

I support that trade and find it doubly unlikely to happen, unfortunately.
I originally had it down as a 4th rounder but felt that may not be enough. I've always been a big fan of Vrbata and really feel like he could excel when in the right place.

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:09 AM
  #8
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Jokinen has bee doing very well in Tampa, I can't see them trading him anytime soon. If they were too, IMO, they could get more than Pyatt and a 3rd. Pyatt is a big body who doesn't use it. Can't see that working in TB...

__________________
So I kissed him upside the cranium with that aluminum baseball bat
Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:11 AM
  #9
19nazzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 17,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Jokinen has bee doing very well in Tampa, I can't see them trading him anytime soon. If they were too, IMO, they could get more than Pyatt and a 3rd. Pyatt is a big body who doesn't use it. Can't see that working in TB...
Vrbata, not Jokinen

19nazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:20 AM
  #10
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
To Vancouver:
Radim Vrbata

To Tampa Bay:
Taylor Pyatt
3rd rounder in 09


Canucks get a more skilled player that could excel in Vancouver while the Lightning get a bigger and somewhat more consistent player at less cost.
Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. Tampa have plenty of big forwards as it is, and Vancouver likely wouldn't have much interest in the extremely inconsistent Vrbata at his salary.

Honestly, I'm not sure Tampa's biggest need isn't firepower. For all the money they've spent on forwards this summer, they've only got two players with more than three goals and only one player with more than five (Lecavalier). They're also scoring just over 2 goals per game. Goaltending has been good enough that their record can be better than 4-3-4, it's just that they haven't gotten enough goal-scoring support to win games.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
  #11
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The bushes
Country: United States
Posts: 8,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
Vrbata, not Jokinen
hmmm how'd I miss that one?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
  #12
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
how about this I had this in 09 dynasty happen.

St Louis

for

Edler
Raymond
2nd rounder pick ( maybe higher)
St.Louis wont be traded, it would not only piss off Lecavalier but pretty much the entire fanbase, on top of that his salary his decreasing each year and so the best years in terms of cost vs production are still to come. Also it would break up one of the best lines in the NHL, and at a time that that line, Jokinen and R2 are the only ones producing it would not be good.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
  #13
eklunds source
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
St.Louis wont be traded, it would not only piss off Lecavalier but pretty much the entire fanbase, on top of that his salary his decreasing each year and so the best years in terms of cost vs production are still to come. Also it would break up one of the best lines in the NHL, and at a time that that line, Jokinen and R2 are the only ones producing it would not be good.
Good gravy man, he was talking about a trade he made in a video game.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:28 PM
  #14
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Acehawk74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Good gravy man, he was talking about a trade he made in a video game.
In Bass' defense, us Lightning fans over the past 6 months have heard pretty much every ridiculous proposal you can imagine... so its hard to seperate them sometimes

Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
  #15
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
I'm not interested in Vrbata, I don't like his contract - although it's more reasonable than what I thought he'd get in last summer's clusterf**k.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
  #16
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,179
vCash: 500
Vancouver says no - Vrbata is dead wood. And that contract is hideous.

At least Pyatt can PK and forecheck if he isn't scoring.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
  #17
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
In Bass' defense, us Lightning fans over the past 6 months have heard pretty much every ridiculous proposal you can imagine... so its hard to seperate them sometimes
Yeah that and he used the words "how about this" which tends to be a question so i was answering said question

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:17 PM
  #18
Theron
#beauty
 
Theron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Good gravy man, he was talking about a trade he made in a video game.
wasent even my trade is was the comp.. im a leaf fan

Id keep st louis too imo.

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:16 PM
  #19
jabberhockey
 
jabberhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
how about this I had this in 09 dynasty happen.

St Louis

for

Edler
Raymond
2nd rounder pick ( maybe higher)
Do you mean the St. Louis Blues? Because if you're talking about Martin St. Louis, I don't like that trade at all from a Vancouver Canuck perspective. In all seriousness, in "reality" it would be a pretty stupid trade for both teams.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
  #20
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
There has been a small streak of decent proposals on these boards. Quite impressed. I think Tampa is just now realizing that they may have overpaid so they want to shed some cap. I think this helps Vancouver also.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.