HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose the shootout to Columbus 4-3

Old
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Laraque is absolutely useless.. we'd be better off playing Flinn $500K to do the same thing. Wow is he just atrocious.. I actually think I seen him walking!
What?! Laraque has played a great game... Created many opportunities in the first period...

Laraque is way better than every Downey and Murray, Ivanans and cie.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:20 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Laraque is absolutely useless.. we'd be better off playing Flinn $500K to do the same thing. Wow is he just atrocious.. I actually think I seen him walking!
Didn't watch the game, eh?

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Only guy with less time than Laraque.
And you expect him to produce with these kinda minutes??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post
Maybe you can explain us what good does Halak bring ? evry time he got tested in the NHL he failed... The only good game he has is when our defensive play a perfect game. Truth is he doesn't bring anything to this team while we have a proven NHL veteran goaltender in the minor. Gainey !
Is this a joke?

As a rookie, he almost single-handily lead our club to the playoffs. We were struggling and he put confidence back into our guys.

Last year, he got the shaft for Price, which is understandable.. but he was excellent in his few games.

This year, he's played in four games.. two games fairly close to one-another and he was superb. Then two games in a 3-week span.. he wasn't very good.

Halak is USED to being a starter.. and it's probably going to take him awhile to get USED to being the #2 guy for awhile. He rides on confidence from playing every night.. rather than sitting off for two weeks.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
What?! Laraque has played a great game... Created many opportunities in the first period...

I thought Laraque had a great game tonight until we started a parade to the penalty box and he hardly saw the ice again.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kosti46

Poor finishing cost us this game. We had 5 or 6 good chances to score in addition to the goals we did score, and we did not put them in the net.

Halak did not look sharp.

Their goalie was ok but he did not have to make many great saves.

Sure did enjoy the Kosti brothers combining for the clutch goal with less than a minute to play to tie it and give us a point.

Lets beat the leafs tomorrow.

And..Carbo...... please put A. Kosti with a center that will pass him the puck. And S. Kosti on his line would be a good move as well.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Of course it's way better to blame Latendresse because of the loss...

The main difference in this game was Mason playing better than Halak. The game has been decided there...
Not really, main difference is the Habs were uninspired tonight and didn't carry the play. Halak didn't play great but when a highly touted team like the Habs don't show up against bottom dwellers like the BJ's it's not a single players fault, unless they get blown out but they didn't.

But yeah go on blaming Halak because the Habs couldn't dominate a much weaker team, makes perfect sense.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:22 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
Poor finishing cost us this game. We had 5 or 6 good chances to score in addition to the goals we did score, and we did not put them in the net.

Halak did not look sharp.

Their goalie was ok but he did not have to make many great saves.

Sure did enjoy the Kosti brothers combining for the clutch goal with less than a minute to play to tie it and give us a point.

Lets beat the leafs tomorrow.

And..Carbo...... please put A. Kosti with a center that will pass him the puck. And S. Kosti on his line would be a good move as well.
I agree... As long as Kovalev and Plekanec are together, IMO, there's not any problem...

Old
11-07-2008, 09:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
Didn't watch the game, eh?
I watched the entire game.. and all our guys were pretty decent in the 1st period.

However, I just don't think Laraque is worth the money we are paying him.. if Dandenault isn't worth it.. I don't think Laraque really is. At less than a million he's a solid addition.. but he just doesn't fit into our team. He slows down our fourth line.. and when we turn over the puck in the offensive zone.. he can never get back.

Seriously, from what I have seen from him before (and know what he can do).. I'm just really disappointed in his play so far this season.

Old
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Read the post I replied to. It's called sarcasm.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Did I miss the game, is it just me, or did Brassard not look all that great tonight...

I don't know... I'm listening to "L'Antichambre" right now, and they're talking as if Brassard was a star tonight... Didn't especially notice him besides the penalty he took in the 3rd period against Saku and his SO goal...

Old
la25ecoupe

We need to bring Dagostini in by end of december.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I agree... As long as Kovalev and Plekanec are together, IMO, there's not any problem...
I think a Plekanec/Kost bros line would look good.

Toss Latendresse with Lang and Kovalev.

Keep our #1 line the same (TV wise).

And BAM!

Old
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
TheCH*

LOL @ all you. Yes Halak had a bad game. But talk about overreacting. You all act like his future is all doom because of this one game, despite all the good he has done the past few years to show us what his potential could be. Price has had strings of bad games as well, lets trade them both because we all know patience(which is what Gainey is all about) gets a team nowhere right?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
DrMailloux

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Is this serious...?
Yes, except for the "gainey !" part, that was sarcasm

Seriously, i think Halak is way overhyped on this board, the guy always looked pretty weak at the NHL level. Why all the hype around him ? What did he prove yet ? Why some ppl still think he's an NHL starter ? I say, send him back to the AHL, he is not ready for the NHL yet.

DrMailloux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Seriously, i think Halak is way overhyped on this board, the guy always looked pretty weak at the NHL level. Why all the hype around him ? What did he prove yet ? Why some ppl still think he's an NHL starter ?
While I agree that Halak is overrated by Hab fans (I don't understand this seemingly universal belief that he'd be a starter on half the teams in the league or whatever), how has he looked weak at the NHL level? He's had a couple of bad games in a row, yes, but otherwise he has been a more than capable back up...

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
habdynasty

Halak is a decent BACKUP goalie, thats it...

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I thought Laraque had a great game tonight until we started a parade to the penalty box and he hardly saw the ice again.
Yeah Laraque and our Fourth line was great tonight! But all the penaltys killed our momemtum....

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Halak is a decent BACKUP goalie, thats it...
You say that like your heart just got broken that Halak will never usurp Price for starting role.

Halak is a very good goalie and, like Garon, will have his own starting position someday. Better than Garon too.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
We need to bring Dagostini in by end of december.
Why do we need D'Agostini? Oh right. We don't.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
from the recent games i saw this season (i've not seem them all unfortunately), lats seems to have changed his game from the first games of the season and the past seasons. before, he was often trying to shot from every possible angles as soon as he had the puck in the offensive zone... when playing with koivu and tanguay, he however decided to pass the puck much more than what he was used too and it seems to have worked pretty well so far but he was getting points.

though, he still has the bad ideas to get rid of the puck as soon as he touches it; and he also try to hit less hard since the dimaio incident (he admitted it that it affected him). the day, he'll correct these 2 problems, he'll be a much more effective player and will easily be able to play on the top 2 lines.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Why do we need D'Agostini? Oh right. We don't.
That's the automatic HFBoards solution when something goes wrong (like *gasp* a loss). Bring up a young guy. Doesn't matter if he doesn't fill a need and has no place in the lineup - bring him up.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Beakermania*

Quote:

Seriously, i think Halak is way overhyped on this board, the guy always looked pretty weak at the NHL level. Why all the hype around him ? What did he prove yet ? Why some ppl still think he's an NHL starter ? I say, send him back to the AHL, he is not ready for the NHL yet.
There is nothing wrong with the way Halak is playing..... so he's had a couple bad games and he's not as good as Carey Price.

It still remains
Halak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Denis

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
LyleOdelein

My take on the game:

- What's with the reffing in Habs games? 30 minutes worth of penalties tonight and terrible calls both ways. I don't mind leaving the game open for scoring, but this is the 3rd or 4th time this year that the Habs have played in a choppy game with no flow and terrible officiating giving way too many penalties to both teams.

- The Habs shooting was poor tonight, they could have easily scored a couple more goals if they picked corners like we're used to seeing.

- That fourth line was fantastic tonight. Excellent game by the pluggers.

- Halak has to play better, and he will.

- Lang and Komosarek really fought the puck tonight.

- Pleks is starting to rack up points. Nice to see.

- Wow, the Columbus crowd was quiet tonight. I guess I'm used to the Bell Center, but it seemed like they were attending a funeral at a library.

- Hejda is an impressive player for the Jackets.

- Even thogh he got some points tonight, the more I see of Nash, the more I think he is the most overrated player in the league. He's so lazy and nonchalant. I was glad that Hamr easily stopped that ridiculous one on one move.

- I haven't looked for comments on it, but Commodore's elbow attempt on A. Kost was disgusting and blatant intent to injure. It looked a lot like a mirrored version of McLaren's cheapshot on Zednik. A. Kost just got out of the way of it, but that was inches away from a KO shot. Such a dangerous play against a guy coming off of a concussion. It could have easily ended A. Kost's season. Absolute bush league garbage from an overpaid, useless sack of crap.

All in all, this was not the best game to watch. However, the Habs got a point, and have 5 out of six on this road trip. Not too shabby. I think they'll come out flying tomorrow.

Last edited by LyleOdelein: 11-07-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: I mixed up wedding with library. What am I doing?
LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
habdynasty

Halak reminds me of Thibault, a small decent goalie

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote