HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose the shootout to Columbus 4-3

Old
11-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asinine View Post
Really, Denis gets less than a savvy businessman playing down on the farm?

Surprised, I could've sworn he'd get a tad more, even if this is a two-way deal.
Gainey never confirmed his exact salary, but he said "its less than 100,000 and because of that if we ever need to call him up there is no recall waivers"

My bet... they are giving him 99,900 in the AHL... or something close to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
Then, if he has, there's no way Gainey puts Halak on waivers. Many teams would jump on the occasion to claim him.
I'm not positive on this but can someone look into this....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Judge Sauer*

Some questionable calls this game that made players on both sides not play as hard as they usually would. You could see players at times back off and if contact was made that resulted in a player going down, you saw the players instantly look at the ref, case in point is Bouillon before the tying goal where everyone stood still for a full second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm not positive on this but can someone look into this....
Hold on, I'm playing NHL '09.....yep, it's confirmed.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
znk

The power of Benoit Brunet....holy ****.

You're all driking his kool-aid about Halak? I cant say I'm surprised.

The 2 shootout goals were tremendous and Brassard's was a hilight of the night candidate no doubt. He was not weak and was not shaky. Jesus....Price gives worst goals each game.

edit: I've just read more posts.....god damn bunch of lunatics.

Last edited by znk: 11-07-2008 at 10:04 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:04 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The power of Benoit Brunet....holy ****.

You're all driking his kool-aid about Halak? I cant say I'm surprised.

The 2 shootout goals were tremendous and Brassard's was a hilight of the night candidate no doubt. He was not weak and was not shaky. Jesus....Price gives worst goals each game.
Halak was looking like Tim Thomas tonight. Every save was awkward and non-graceful. I don't care if it got the job done for a point, I don't like it. I'll take a bad Price goal every game, if it means I'm confident that most of the other saves will look non-chalant.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Nedved

didnt get to watch the game. can someone give some feedback on who played well and who didnt. all i see is halak bashing in the pgt.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Lats's hands consist of getting rid of the puck as soon as it touches his stick and his shot is weak. He has to rely on garbage goals to produce but he hasn't realized it yet.
I never cease to be amazed by the level of tripe about Lats...

This is a guy that scored on DiPietro so fast that the puck was in and out before anyone noticed, and play continued. They had to go to video review to see it.

Kindly quit making stuff up about Latendresse to justify your irrational hate.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:12 PM
HF-Addict

SAT 25 oct VS Ducks : We played like crap (Defeat)
TUE. 28 oct. 2008 VS Hurricanes: We played like crap (Victory)
THU 30 oct 2008 vs Wild : Too many penalties for me to remember the game. (Victory)
1 NOV VS ISLES: We played like crap for 45 min. (Victory)
7 NOV VS COLOMBUS : Didn't see the game so...(Defeat)

---

Since the Anaheim game, the effort shown on the ice hasn't been very impressing. We have been playing lackluster hockey and we are lucky our record hasn't suffered more. That one week off sure didn't help, but there are definitely questions marks with this team, even before this game. I'm not that confident for tomorrow.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
SAT 25 oct VS Ducks : We played like crap (Defeat)
TUE. 28 oct. 2008 VS Hurricanes: We played like crap (Victory)
THU 30 oct 2008 vs Wild : Too many penalties for me to remember the game. (Victory)
1 NOV VS ISLES: We played like crap for 45 min. (Victory)
7 NOV VS COLOMBUS : Didn't see the game so...(Defeat)

---

Since the Anaheim game, the effort shown on the ice hasn't been very impressing. We have been playing lackluster hockey and we are lucky our record hasn't suffered more. That one week off sure didn't help, but there are definitely questions marks with this team, even before this game. I'm not that confident for tomorrow.
Stats? You talkin' bout stats?

Old
11-07-2008, 10:17 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Stats? You talkin' bout stats?
hmm? I'm talking about overall play and cohesion on the ice. There are games we have won we shouldn't have considering how bad we were playing. (Canes / Isles) I don,t remember being impressed for the wild game either, but as I pointed out, there were way too many penalties to judge the flow of that game.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
hmm? I'm talking about overall play and cohesion on the ice. There are games we have won we shouldn't have considering how bad we were playing. (Canes / Isles) I don,t remember being impressed for the wild game either, but as I pointed out, there were way too many penalties to judge the flow of that game.
You knw, we're palying like ****.

Anf, we should be playing all out offence all the tine with three offenive lines. We spenf too much time in or own zone and I find in the offensive zone we look for top many passes.

Old
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
DaHabMan

you guys cant put all the blame on halak tonight. Our defensive coverage was, although better than the last 5-6 games, was still not good enough. On the second goal, yeah halak should of stopped it but it was still an odd man rush, where was was the support from the offence? And on the third goal, Halak could not do anything there. Modin was left wide open on the side of the net. I think it was plecky's man actually. Just not good enough defensive coverage again.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:28 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
you guys cant put all the blame on halak tonight. Our defensive coverage was, although better than the last 5-6 games, was still not good enough. On the second goal, yeah halak should of stopped it but it was still an odd man rush, where was was the support from the offence? And on the third goal, Halak could not do anything there. Modin was left wide open on the side of the net. I think it was plecky's man actually. Just not good enough defensive coverage again.
no that was interference

Plekanec got interefered with off the raw and hamrlik was inerfered with in front of the et leaving Modin wide pen.. ******** call by the refs when they called the icny bit of interfeence off each wfaceouff

Old
11-07-2008, 10:29 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

It would be great if we played a full 60 minute game this season. The effort just doesn't seem to be there. Not sure if it's due to the long layoff between games or if the team expects the other teams to roll over for them.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
Man oh man, I was forced to watch this game on the Columbus station cause my dish is down and geez, the biggest HOMER commentators I've ever heard. How many "OH BABY, BABY THIS" do I have to hear. Like to drunk old men watching the game...really had to put it on mute cause they were making me sick.

Game was really slow pace, what can you expect being off for such a long time. Happy with the point, I would have considered putting in Price for the shootout, Halak is just too small for shootouts...

Nice to see little **** get one...
Honestly?

A lot of us CBJ fans can't stand them either! Our radio commentators are 1,000,000,000,000 times better!

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

I don't think this start is as much playing over our heads as a few other season was. But yeah, winning by one goal and not dominating weak teams is definitly saying something about poor team work ethic. And that will definitly come back to haunt you.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
- Wow, the Columbus crowd was quiet tonight. I guess I'm used to the Bell Center, but it seemed like they were attending a funeral at a library.
Quiet? I thought it was pretty decent. Then again, I've been in that building with less people and less enthusiasm.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't think this start is as much playing over our heads as a few other season was. But yeah, winning by one goal and not dominating weak teams is definitly saying something about poor team work ethic. And that will definitly come back to haunt you.
Yes the team needs to play better.... but this schedule isn't helping them to get into a rhythm and gain chemistry either.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Erika

Crappy game tonight, at least the Habs got 1 point.
I absolutely loveee Brassard and Voracek. I've always said that Voracek would be better than Sam Gagner, I'm convince of that even more now.

Sergei is ready to roll again, just watch him tomorrow putting one goal and two assists.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:43 PM
speed11

all this animosity over a S0 loss with our backup goalie after 5 days off, get a grip guys, Jesus...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:44 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Its games like these where we need 3 offensive lines! Oh wait.. We got em

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Crappy game tonight, at least the Habs got 1 point.
I absolutely loveee Brassard and Voracek. I've always said that Voracek would be better than Sam Gagner, I'm convince of that even more now.

Sergei is ready to roll again, just watch him tomorrow putting one goal and two assists.

I agree on all counts, and id like say that the ice looked like crap tonight.

Thankfully there is a game tomorrow.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
didnt get to watch the game. can someone give some feedback on who played well and who didnt. all i see is halak bashing in the pgt.
Great first period from pretty much everybody.

1st line wasn't as dominant as usual but they had their moments; Higgins was really, and i mean really average. Tanguay with another goal, but othersiwe he didn't look as good as usual throughout the game. Koivu was pretty good.
2nd line had their moments....Pleks 2 pts Kovy 1pt Andrei K. 1pt, beautiful pass on the tying goal that led to OT.
3rd line could be baptized "the Casper line" for being invisible most of the game. Or also the "Pinte de Lait" line for having all the players who seem lost on the ice. Kudos to Sergei on the 3rd period goal though, but notice he was with his bro.
4th line was impressive pretty much all game long, except Laraque who had his ups and downs. Especially a big turnover in the 3rd that could have been nasty.

That's it!

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Bretvincent

weird game tonight, mtl just did not really seem into the game, i guess the layoff must have affected their cohesion. The 4th line was great tonight and Laraque actually looked like he could skate tonight Latendresse, Higgins and Halak though didnt have great nights from what i saw. The switch of Higgins and Latendresse didnt seem to create much tonight.

Bretvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
Kovalev played a solid game, he was really inspirated tonight despite getting only 1 assist.. Andrei Kost started to play late in the third.. Koivu was bad tonight, looked tired, his plays werent working.. Markov had a bad game, his worst since the begin of the season IMO.. Komisarek made another mistake that led to a quality scoring chance, another puck bouncing he couldnt handled, Komi doesnt look 100% so far this season.. Brisebois played a good game, was reliable and effective.. The fourth line was incredible in the first, they could have scored 2-3 goals with a bit of luck, they made a play at some point that you would expect from your top lines.. We faced a big goaltender and we looked intimidated... Halak hasnt been tested much since we gave them little opportunities but the times he was tested he looked shaky and I could feel it at the start of the game on the 2-3 shots he had to face.. I feel we could have got 1 more point with Price in net tonight.

I have to give the Jackets some credit for this one, they were awaiting us, they were well prepared.. They played at a higher level they use to but we played at a lower level, the last 2 periods werent what you would expect from the Habs..

Nothing dramatic, but I expect a better game from our 3 first lines tommorow against Toronto

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretvincent View Post
weird game tonight, mtl just did not really seem into the game, i guess the layoff must have affected their cohesion. The 4th line was great tonight and Laraque actually looked like he could skate tonight Latendresse, Higgins and Halak though didnt have great nights from what i saw. The switch of Higgins and Latendresse didnt seem to create much tonight.
I agree with the Higgins and Latendresse statements, but Laraque skated well?? Whil his puck possession was impressive, especially in the offensive zone, i thought his skating made last year's Latendresse like a Cheetah on crack.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote