HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

L'antichambre

Old
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post

Okay , so Lafleur is a moron and doesn't know much about moden hockey , because he didn't put the player in the same order as they were on your list ?
Ranking Koivu as the 5th priority among the UFAs this summer is pretty clueless if you ask me... no matter what your name is.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Ranking Koivu as the 5th priority among the UFAs this summer is pretty clueless if you ask me... no matter what your name is.
I like Lafleur, i wont judge him and i dont care how wronge he is, like most people. I do think that when he talks about hockey he clearly have his own agenda.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
May be we should wait and see ?

By now , a lot of people have in memory the good playoffs performance of Saku ,and just see his good start for the current season . But they forget that Koivu after 20-25 games last seasons , was out of gaz .

i understand that puting Lang ahead of Saku seems curious , but it could simply means that Lang won't have as much impact in the payroll than Koivu . Habs were in the need of a big offensive center for years , so it seems normal to keep the one we have finally found .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I see him quite often actually because he opened his restaurant next to my place. I don't know about your shape, but he ain't no specimen. No superhero here.

The fact that he would still produce is irrelevant. I never tried to deny other wise. I said he wouldn't be able to keep up, but if he adapted to today's regiment, then I don't see why he wouldn't.
As good as Ovechkin?..maybe, maybe not, it's useless to even talk about this as we'll never know.
But what if we do it the other way around, what if the Ovechkin of today went back in the old days, how many pts do you think he'd net??

My point was to compare a player that nets 25G to Guy who scored 50G is dumb. Trying to mix players from different eras just doesn't work.
Why not compare everybody to Gretzky's 92G 200Pts+ while we're at it.

Well, what do you think?..
Bourque scored 90pts+ four times in his career.. When's the last time you saw a Dman do that?..
Gretzky had 200pts+..Messier was one of the best all times.

Gretzky would have never been able to put up such numbers in today's game. His puny physique, the instigator rule out, so nobody to protect him as much as he was back in the days.

Not only has genetics changed, athletes have to be extremely careful about their health, but the rules have changed. Note that all the players you've mentioned have all stopped playing before the lockout. It's at that time that the game really changed a lot. The red line no longer exists, the game is faster, the guys are bigger and stronger. Goalies are excellent, they're not a rare commodity in the league anymore. Pretty much every team has a solid #1 Goalie.
They prone offense with all the penalties being called.

It's just not the same, so comparing eras just don't work.
The guy is getting close to 60. I'm not even close to that and he looks much better than me. Yes, he's physically fit. Would probably twirl around you on the ice even today, close to 60. I saw the guy play in Gatineau last year and he still got wheels for a near 60-ish.

I repeat: the guy was a physical phenom in the 70's. Even when smoking.

And, for your info: he wasn't only smoking between periods. He was smoking on the bench. Go ask him, he will tell you. The guy was a machine. Bowman could care less, because he knew that Guy was there when counted on.

So, for me, he can say whatever he wants. The Rocket wasn't exactly mister Rectitude either. But he's still the Rocket. Guy is the man, the most loved Habs' hockey player after Béliveau (still alive, I mean).

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
french not allowed on baoirds

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
french not allowed on baoirds
Dude i'm not even sure what language you are writing in your last few posts.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:48 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post

Okay , so Lafleur is a moron and doesn't know much about moden hockey , because he didn't put the player in the same order as they were on your list ?
Yes, everything that one disagrees with is obviously stupid. Every word uttered on thse panel shows comes from the mouths of morons.

So, tell me, with time as precious as it is, what do you think of someone who spends a lot of time watching something that he finds loathesome ?

I watched about 5 minutes last night, my head and eyes were getting heavy, and I noticed that Beregeron seems more conversational, less confrontational than in his last job. I have to wonder if we have mastered the understanding of context in conversation ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:36 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Dude i'm not even sure what language you are writing in your last few posts.
Chezzian script, I think.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote