HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Predators @ Flames, Game 14

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Jarome Iginla 10 58.82%
Craig Conroy 5 29.41%
Todd Bertuzzi 2 11.76%
Cory Sarich 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Predators @ Flames, Game 14

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Crazy game, but glad we came away from it with a win despite a sloppy third period.

Iginla must love playing the Predators. Glad to see Conroy have a good game and contribute offensively, and I continue to be very impressed with Bertuzzi's playmaking abilities.

My MVP vote goes to Iginla for a big 4 point night.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:23 PM
BadNewsBearcat

First of all, I can't believe we drafted Tim Ramholt before Shea Weber.

Now as for the game. This was just another wild game against Nashville. It seems like we at least have one game like this against them every year. That being said, it does look like Kipper is tired, and I hope he gets a rest in one of these next two games.

It was nice to see Iggy find the goal scoring sheet. I still am not convinced that Conroy should be centering him, but I will give Conroy props for a solid game tonight.

I am really finding this team to be enjoyable to watch since pretty much anybody can play with anybody and not look out of place. Now if we can just sure up our defensive zone coverage.

And last but not least, Chris Lee royally sucks. I hope we don't see him again real soon. Just brutal tonight.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Defense/Kipper=FAIL!

Forwards played well. MVP goes to all three of Iggy/Connie/Bert.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
DBU
Stars

I know, seriously, Ramholt over Weber? Oh man, what could have been..

I don't even know who to vote for MVP lol. Iggy had four points, so I guess I'll say him.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Keenan was just asked on Sportsnet in the post-game interview about Kiprusoff possibly needing a break, and he agreed and said Kiprusoff will play one of the two games on the upcoming road trip.

Last edited by StreakingRed: 11-06-2008 at 11:51 PM.
StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Keenan was just asked on Sportsnet in the post-game interview about Kiprusoff possibly needing a break, and he agreed and said Kiprusoff will play one of the two games on the upcoming road trip.
Best news of the day!

Old
11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post

Personally, I'd go with McElhinney for both road games, but it's good to know Kiprusoff will get at least one game off to rest.
Really no excuse for this. Blame is totally on Keenan. Kipper wasn't sharp last game against Phoenix and I am not surprised to see him struggling like he did tonight. Have to give McElhinney the game on Saturday as far as I am concerned.

As for the game what an ugly ugly win. Pretty much a perfect 1st period and after that we just seemed to get lazy and sloppy. Good to see the offence especially Iggy producing like they can. All the forwards looked good and I like Cammalleri with Iggy more then Bertuzzi. Thought that the 2nd line showed some good chemistry.

A game you are happy to win, but have to try to forget.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Oblivion

I went to this game and let me tell you, got to everything. Thirteen goals, PP goals, SH goals, 2 fights(Sarich vs. Ward was siiic), a penalty shot goal and a huge hit.

Enjoyed the game, kind of wish someone was playing d on either team though. Kipper didn't look great, but he has played every minute this season.

Really entertaining game to watch though.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Grannys

Just plain weird game... 13 goals. Neither of the 3 goalies had a good night but at least there was a lot of action. But I do enjoy a fewer goal game more. This game was just all over the place.

Kipper should of had the night off against Phoenix and then played this game. Well at least he gets a game off soon.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Really no excuse for this. Blame is totally on Keenan. Kipper wasn't sharp last game against Phoenix and I am not surprised to see him struggling like he did tonight. Have to give McElhinney the game on Saturday as far as I am concerned.

As for the game what an ugly ugly win. Pretty much a perfect 1st period and after that we just seemed to get lazy and sloppy. Good to see the offence especially Iggy producing like they can. All the forwards looked good and I like Cammalleri with Iggy more then Bertuzzi. Thought that the 2nd line showed some good chemistry.

A game you are happy to win, but have to try to forget.
I agree that I like Cammalleri with Iginla, mostly because Bertuzzi seems to have very good chemistry with Langkow.

Did anyone see Keenan leave the bench right after the game? He looked so annoyed, and I don't blame him.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Cyrus

I am suprised that no comments have been made yet regarding the reffing last night. Between 2 consecutive 5 on 3's, to the delay of game on Kipper to the Langkow "kick" to the Penalty Shot, it's a good thing Rinne was a seive in the first period.

I was at the game, and they only showed one very poor replay, but what was your take on the Langkow non-goal? Seemed to me he rotated his foot a bit, but I didn't see a kick.

So in spite of the Ref's best efforts, the 2 points are all that matters. My MVP vote went to Conroy who sparked things early with that SH goal. No question we see Kipper take a rest on Saturday.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:22 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I am suprised that no comments have been made yet regarding the reffing last night. Between 2 consecutive 5 on 3's, to the delay of game on Kipper to the Langkow "kick" to the Penalty Shot, it's a good thing Rinne was a seive in the first period.

I was at the game, and they only showed one very poor replay, but what was your take on the Langkow non-goal? Seemed to me he rotated his foot a bit, but I didn't see a kick.

So in spite of the Ref's best efforts, the 2 points are all that matters. My MVP vote went to Conroy who sparked things early with that SH goal. No question we see Kipper take a rest on Saturday.
As much as I agree that the refs blew hard last night, especially Chris Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post

And last but not least, Chris Lee royally sucks. I hope we don't see him again real soon. Just brutal tonight.
You can't really blame the refs for the two consecutive 5 on 3's. You can put that blame solely on Phaneuf. I know things can get emotional, but when your up 5-0, you have to shut your pie hole and skate away. Hopefully he learns from this.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I thought it could have went either way. Simmer seemed sure it would be a goal. I've definetly seen more obvious kicks called as goals. I really hate the rule as it doesn't seem to be consistant as what is a goal and what isn't.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Rudolf Yaber

After seeing the reply I thought it would be called back. There appeared to be a kicking motion, whether Langkow intended to kick it or not.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I thought it could have went either way. Simmer seemed sure it would be a goal. I've definetly seen more obvious kicks called as goals. I really hate the rule as it doesn't seem to be consistant as what is a goal and what isn't.
Even the Nashville color commentators called it the wrong call.