HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers (4-4-3) @ Ottawa Senators (5-5-2), 7:30PM, SNET-E (HD)

Old
11-07-2008, 07:50 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
I can't
Why?

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 07:56 AM
PlayItAgain

vCash: 500
Quote:
"The first period we got behind and they're a good defensive team," said Flyers coach John Stevens. "They're almost like Jersey right now".
This quote made me smile. It's one of the best compliments the Sens could get considering how bad we were defensively last year.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayItAgain View Post
This quote made me smile. It's one of the best compliments the Sens could get considering how bad we were defensively last year.
Agreed, this is a huge step in the right direction. With the offensive gunners on this team, if we are able to play at this level defensively for the year we are going to be a very very tough team to beat (especially in a 7 game series).

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Marble

Wow, that's actually really nice to hear. I love that we're physical enough to hit their forwards coming in and are the team who blocks shots.

We can't win every game, but when we make it to the playoffs, it's this style of play that wins you rounds. Just hope Auld can keep it up.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Honestly, I don't give a rat ass..
With your mentality, you should be talking to yourself very soon.
You need

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:59 AM
bert

They looked really really good last night. That Winchester Fisher Alfredsson line sure has come chemistry going. Fisher is flying right now, Winchester sure plays like someone that used to have great chemistry with Fish.... Just watch with Winchester the more he gets settled in the points are going to pile up especially playing with Alfie and Fish. That line is so responsible defensively too. This team adds one more top 6 guy and they have the best forwards in the east.

Winchester Fisher Alfredsson
Heatley Spezza _______
Ruutu Vermette Kelly
Foligno McAmmond Donovan
Neil

Thats a very good group.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Heatley Spezza _______
Ruutu Vermette Kelly
Foligno McAmmond Donovan
Neil

Thats a very good group.
Neil should play with Speatley - it's a no brainer

Seriously, though, I agree that we would kill with that forward group, but I'm willing to keep Vermette with Spezza and Heatley for the time being to see what they can make of it. Murray has plenty of time to make another acquisition. We also have yet to see how long this new line can keep rocking.

If only we had two Alfredssons.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:12 PM
ohmbrew

Quote:
They looked really really good last night. That Winchester Fisher Alfredsson line sure has come chemistry going. Fisher is flying right now, Winchester sure plays like someone that used to have great chemistry with Fish.... Just watch with Winchester the more he gets settled in the points are going to pile up especially playing with Alfie and Fish. That line is so responsible defensively too. This team adds one more top 6 guy and they have the best forwards in the east.

Heatley Spezza _______
Ruutu Vermette Kelly
Foligno McAmmond Donovan
Neil

Thats a very good group.
What about Shanahan to fill in that spot next to Heatley and Spezza? He could bring some much needed sandpaper to that line, and perhaps some additional accountability. He may be too slow though.

ohmbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmbrew View Post
What about Shanahan to fill in that spot next to Heatley and Spezza? He could bring some much needed sandpaper to that line, and perhaps some additional accountability. He may be too slow though.
I thought about that too. But do we really need two slower finishers playing with Spezza? Heatley isn't the fastest either. I think Spezza and Heatley need someone with speed, which is one of the reasons Fisher has been often suggested. Vermette doesn't have Alfie's hockey smarts and cycling ability, but he does have the right speed for the job, and can play as physical as Alfie can. At this point I'd like him to stick there and see if he can figure out how to play with these guys. They are very skilled players but not easy to play with.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:

Heatley Spezza _______
Ruutu Vermette Kelly
Foligno McAmmond Donovan
Neil

Thats a very good group.
I'd like to think Zubov will be given a shot at that spot at some point this year, especially if he keeps playing the way he has in the AHL.

Also, Neil will no doubt have a spot in the lineup. He's having a bounce back year, even if he's incapable of getting the puck out of his own end.

To me, Foligno is the guy right now whose most in danger of losing his spot in the lineup.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:37 AM
HSF

Quote:
Yeah, I'll ask you this when Heatley gets his ass ****ed from behind, and the first guy in would do nothing about it.
Heatley can hold his own, he has fought before and is pretty damn dirty too

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote