HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Boyle.

Old
11-07-2008, 03:00 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Brian Boyle.

Here's another "what would it take" thread. We have alot of defensive prospects and the only players in our forward group worth talking about right now are Chipchura, Maxwell and Pacioretty

sooooo
Brian Boyle to the Habs... have do we get that done

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
redcard

Defensive prospects really aren't going to get you anywhere if you're trying to trade with the kings.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:32 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
Here's another "what would it take" thread. We have alot of defensive prospects and the only players in our forward group worth talking about right now are Chipchura, Maxwell and Pacioretty

sooooo
Brian Boyle to the Habs... have do we get that done
I though most Habs fans said Pacioretty was off limits.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Not too familiar with Montreal's forward prospect core. What's the playing style/upside of Chipchura, Maxwell and Pacioretty?

We're looking for LWs right now. As already stated, we don't need anymore defenseman in the system and we're just about maxed out at C and RW, too.

Could we land a roster forward for a package centered around Boyle?

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

We need first and second line talent, not prospects. I like our chances better with Boyle as a prospect than I would a prospect we could receive in a trade. Maybe we can build a package around Boyle to get top talent. Otherwise, it's not happening.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
GoKingsGo94

Only way we would trade Boyle is in a package to land a proven top 6er like a Gaborik or another proven nhl star. Other than that why would we trade Boyle for mediocre or more prospects?

GoKingsGo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Octavius
Next #18?

The only real LW prospects we have is Pacioretty and S. Kostitsyn and you would have to overpay to get them. And Montreal won't trade any of the roster players for Boyle, as we are in a win now mode and not looking to trade veterans for rookies.

Octavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 06:06 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I though most Habs fans said Pacioretty was off limits.
I wasnt suggesting them as trades. I was just showing ow thin our forward prospect pool is

Old
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Not too familiar with Montreal's forward prospect core. What's the playing style/upside of Chipchura, Maxwell and Pacioretty?

We're looking for LWs right now. As already stated, we don't need anymore defenseman in the system and we're just about maxed out at C and RW, too.

Could we land a roster forward for a package centered around Boyle?
I this really isnt an option considering we want the cup THIS year. So getting Boyle is starting to look less and less likely.. too bad

Old
11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGo94 View Post
Only way we would trade Boyle is in a package to land a proven top 6er like a Gaborik or another proven nhl star. Other than that why would we trade Boyle for mediocre or more prospects?
Do you think Boyle is really that good? I think I get your general point but I don't think Boyle has a ton of value either.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Do you think Boyle is really that good? I think I get your general point but I don't think Boyle has a ton of value either.
Boyle will turn 24 next month and was always considered a long term project. He's been off to a slow start this season. If you go with the belief that it takes power forwards till they're typically between 23-25 to fully develop and really come into their own, I can see where some teams might still be interested. When you factor in the time the Kings and Boston College spent trying Boyle out as a defenseman, that also probably slowed down some of his development as a forward. There are still GMs and coaches out there that would salivate at the idea of having a 6'7" 250 lb center on their roster, even if he's still pretty raw.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Boyle will turn 24 next month and was always considered a long term project. He's been off to a slow start this season. If you go with the belief that it takes power forwards till they're typically between 23-25 to fully develop and really come into their own, I can see where some teams might still be interested. When you factor in the time the Kings and Boston College spent trying Boyle out as a defenseman, that also probably slowed down some of his development as a forward. There are still GMs and coaches out there that would salivate at the idea of having a 6'7" 250 lb center on their roster, even if he's still pretty raw.
All that is very true, and I see no reason for LA to deal him, but I've seen it suggested in this thread that Boyle could be used (in a package) to get a 1st line talent, a star and possibly Gaborik. Unless the "package" you are talking about contains a chip more valuable than Boyle himself (a 2010 1st rounder, a better prospect from the Kings, etc) then you aren't getting a Gaborik, a star or even a 1st line player.

While there are GM's who would certainly love the idea of adding a 6'7" center, they aren't about to give up a lot to get one who (no offense) can't make one of the worst teams in the league, and is soon approaching the age where he is no longer a prospect. He's a guy a team would definitely like to take a gamble on, but they aren't going to give up the value that you think would be fair.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Traktor*

The Kings wont get the value for Boyle to justify trading him.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote