HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski or Lang ?

View Poll Results: Lang or Grabovski ?
Lang 269 82.01%
Grabovski 59 17.99%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Rgolt

vCash: 500
grabs is a bum with no heart...he acted like emery last year, sometimes he didnt show up to practice, when he was scratched for a game sometimes he decided because he was scratched he didnt feel the necessity of going and the habs dont need a cancer like him, like segei samsonov a few years back was, when the teamalready such great chemistry, also lang is a gr8 player whom possesses alot of playoff experience so the answer is clear

Robert lang

Old
11-07-2008, 06:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Good point. I agree. Habs could have kept Grabbo and Streit at more or less the same cost of getting Lang and Breezeby.
Grabs and S.Kost on the same line would be speed incarnate. Probably could have showcased him and then moved him to another team. Ohwell if we have to watch the leafs then I am glad they have Grabo because he is an exciting player to watch. And will make a fine 2nd line center for them. I wouldn't be against having those two back.

And brisebois is only on the team because of his good buddies. Complete liability on the ice at all times.

Old
11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

First. You shoulve posted this in the general board so as to not get biased opinion from Habs fans in a Habs player vs. Leafs player poll.

Second. In terms of what? Right now I would obviously take the player that can score 40-50 points. But If we weren't looking for a cup and Toronto offered us Grabovski back for Lang than sure I'd take him. Even though he would want back considering the terms he left on. It's too bad since our forward prospect group is borderline depressing.

Old
11-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
First. You shoulve posted this in the general board so as to not get biased opinion from Habs fans in a Habs player vs. Leafs player poll.

Second. In terms of what? Right now I would obviously take the player that can score 40-50 points. But If we weren't looking for a cup and Toronto offered us Grabovski back for Lang than sure I'd take him. Even though he would want back considering the terms he left on. It's too bad since our forward prospect group is borderline depressing.
r u serious...teams wnt lang for the playoffs....hes the one with the playoff experience....grabs hasnt played in the playoffs yet(maybe 1 or 2 games)....i dont understand why everyone is overrating grabs by so much...theres a reason we traded him

Old
11-07-2008, 08:54 PM
playbedar

Send a message via MSN to playbedar
Lang for his experience and face off skills .. oh and work ethic, and because I saw Grabovsky in the Leafs jersey, he doesn't deserve to be a Habs anymore.

Old
11-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
The reason why Grab was sent away was because the other team members were rejeacting him. Specifically, Russians: Kovy, 2XKost, Markov.

If they would have given him a break, he would still be a Habs.
If he wouldn't have quit on the team, he might still be a hab.... however I still think that Gainey doesn't use him as the third line centre.

He's too small and left handed... you don't want all your centres to be small and lefthanded.

Old
11-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I still see the same defensive defencies in his game... the same inability to win faceoffs... the same ease which he is pushed over.

Sure he's got speed and some offensive skill and with 22:00 he'll inevitably make a nice play or two... create a couple chances during that time... but overall his time on the ice is not productive. He's not gonna give you the 90 points you need from a forward if you are gonna give him that quantity of time; and his liabilities will be exposed in that amount of time on the ice. The leafs will either give up chances or his teammates will take penalties trying to make up for him.
You're reasonning should also be applied to Christopher Higgins. The guy is playing 1st line minutes and has yet to produce more than 50 points. Which bring to the fact that Higgins is a poor offensive player if you compares Ice time/Production. So why should Grabovski be a bad player while Higgins is a god here ?

With that said, there's not alot of 90 points centerman in this league. Grabovski can very well be a 70 points producer, there's nothing wrong with that. He is a top 6 forward on most NHL teams IMO. It will always depends of you're top 6 forward, but 60-70 points is very good.

Lang has been garbage in the past 3 games, while Grabovski has been awesome...

Old
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
You're reasonning should also be applied to Christopher Higgins. The guy is playing 1st line minutes and has yet to produce more than 50 points. Which bring to the fact that Higgins is a poor offensive player if you compares Ice time/Production. So why should Grabovski be a bad player while Higgins is a god here ?

Did you read anything I posted.....

Grabovski is a defensive liability on the ice.

Higgins is a very good two way player....

They DO NOT COMPARE whatsoever....... The reason you are gonna lose with Grabovski playing 1st line minutes is that he is gonna give up scoring chances to the other team, he is gonna lose faceoffs at an alarming rate... he is not gonna cover his man in his own zone.... he is gonna get pushed over and give up the puck leading to odd man rushes against.

These chances will either lead to goals against, or to penalties against the leafs.

Higgins does none of this.
-----------------------------------------------

60-70 points is not good if its not helping your team win games....
I'd much rather have a responsible 55pt scorer (PS he has scored more than 50 points; 52 points last year and his point total has increased every year in the NHL) than a guy who will score 60-70 but be a liability.

This liability means that he WILL NOT be a top 6 forward on good NHL teams... good teams don't put liabilities on the ice in their top 6.

Erika, I don't know if you understand this or not... but there are two ends to a hockey rink, and you have to be better than the other team in both of them in order to ensure you win the game.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-07-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old
11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
The reason why Grab was sent away was because the other team members were rejecting him. Specifically, Russians: Kovy, 2XKost, Markov.
Who cares if Markov likes Grabbo? The game is played on the ice, not after the game at Chez Paree. Those guys don't run the team. Guys don't have to be best buddies off the ice to produce on the ice. Some of the greatest teams had the most intense enmities. And hey, some people here reject me on this board but every one of my posts is still a top corner beauty.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:05 PM
LyleOdelein

Personally, I'm going to argue for whoever gets more points tonight. That will clearly and undeniably establish who the better player is.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
grabs is a bum with no heart...he acted like emery last year, sometimes he didnt show up to practice, when he was scratched for a game sometimes he decided because he was scratched he didnt feel the necessity of going and the habs dont need a cancer like him, like segei samsonov a few years back was, when the teamalready such great chemistry, also lang is a gr8 player whom possesses alot of playoff experience so the answer is clear

Robert lang
The bolded part is the only thing I agree with in this post. The rest, you have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
r u serious...teams wnt lang for the playoffs....hes the one with the playoff experience....grabs hasnt played in the playoffs yet(maybe 1 or 2 games)....i dont understand why everyone is overrating grabs by so much...theres a reason we traded him
Yes there is a reason we traded him. According to Gainey, Grabovsky requested a trade. The other stuff is just crap that has no credible sources to back it up.

Quote:
Who cares if Markov likes Grabbo? The game is played on the ice, not after the game at Chez Paree. Those guys don't run the team. Guys don't have to be best buddies off the ice to produce on the ice. Some of the greatest teams had the most intense enmities. And hey, some people here reject me on this board but every one of my posts is still a top corner beauty.
lol..awesome, how the hell do you type and balance your inflated head?

But I totally agree, the players spent a huge amount of time together. So there is bound to be conflict.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Lone Rogue

I love how a lot of the people saying that Grabbo's conflicts shouldn't have been a major issue would likely never want to see Alexei Yashin in a Hab sweater.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I love how a lot of the people saying that Grabbo's conflicts shouldn't have been a major issue would likely never want to see Alexei Yashin in a Hab sweater.
Well I'm not one of them. I actually wanted us to make an offer for Yashin. I thought he would have been perfect to fill the role that Lang currently has. I'm glad it didn't happen though, as Lang has done a great job.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Well I'm not one of them. I actually wanted us to make an offer for Yashin. I thought he would have been perfect to fill the role that Lang currently has. I'm glad it didn't happen though, as Lang has done a great job.
For the right price Yashin would be a decent addition on many teams.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Have you noticed the chemistry on this team; the way they celebrate with the Gorges-Price stuff after wins... the way Kovalev and the Kostys and Markov get along, the way Higgins and Komi joke around together.

Remember that video where they were all beating on bouillion.... where Kovy was playing shoot and catch the puck over Laraque's head; where all this stuff goes on.

This is a very happy team, that fights for each other.... how many pictures do we see of a couple of the guys laughing together in practice on Habs I/O??

You can see the great chemistry they have since getting rid of guys like the three amigos (theo, ribs, dagenais) and sinve removing Rivet and Souray (feuds with Kovalev) and its being shown in the record on the ice.

This is a big factor IMO, but one that is often overlooked.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
For the right price Yashin would be a decent addition on many teams.
I think so, personally I think a lot of his problems were over blown because of the size of his contract. But if he went to the right team where he didn't have to be the star. IMO he would be a great acquisition.

Old
11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
I think so, personally I think a lot of his problems were over blown because of the size of his contract. But if he went to the right team where he didn't have to be the star. IMO he would be a great acquisition.
I agree with that... I don't think he had a poor attitude, i just don't think he was a leader.... He had a huge contract and the C.

For 4 million I'd love to have him... I don't think he'd mess up what we have in the room; i actually think he'd mess, and he'd have something to prove, ala last year's version of Kovalev.

Old
11-08-2008, 03:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
He has played on some crumby teams and still managed to be a PPG play. I dont think he would ever come back though.

Old
11-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I agree with that... I don't think he had a poor attitude, i just don't think he was a leader.... He had a huge contract and the C.

For 4 million I'd love to have him... I don't think he'd mess up what we have in the room; i actually think he'd mess, and he'd have something to prove, ala last year's version of Kovalev.
True, I think he was forced into a role that wasn't suited for him. Partially his fault due to his holding out and demanding a trade and then signing the ridiculous contract with the Islanders. Not that I blame him, I would have signed it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He has played on some crumby teams and still managed to be a PPG play. I dont think he would ever come back though.
I think you're right OSM, from what I've read he seems happy where he is now. Plus if you factor in his age, he probably doesn't want to go through the hassles of proving himself again. Or having to take a pay cut to play here. (NHL)

Old
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Reydin

Lang is great for the Habs as your team is a serious contender for the cup. Grabovski is great for the Leafs as our team is rebuilding and can afford him the patience and ice time.

Old
11-08-2008, 04:40 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
Lang is great for the Habs as your team is a serious contender for the cup. Grabovski is great for the Leafs as our team is rebuilding and can afford him the patience and ice time.
We have a Winner!!!

Old
11-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
Excactly

Old
11-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Lang has been garbage in the past 3 games, while Grabovski has been awesome...
Which prooves what? Lang was great for the first 5 games while Grabovski was garbage for his first 10 games....

Old
11-08-2008, 08:40 PM
snakeye

Can I change my vote?

Old
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Travis Moen

I'm glad I had the vision to vote for the better player.

Closed Thread