HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sports Illustrated - Komisarek most underpaid player

Old
11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Sports Illustrated - Komisarek most underpaid player

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bag/index.html

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Pascal

thanks a lot SI

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
thanks a lot SI
Ya seriously...screw you SI!

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
thanks a lot SI
Yeah, how dare they make an observation. His agent might know how to read!

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:41 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
thanks a lot SI
Exactly what I said out loud when I saw the thread.

SI

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Lone Rogue

Again, you guys are hilarious.

"It'll be so great to sign Mike Komisarek for cheap. I mean, his agent is purely influenced by media and absolutely nothing with Komisarek's wants, needs or play ability. We will surely get a good deal. Wait, some guy on Sports Illustrated no-one has heard of called Mike Komisarek the best bang for your buck in the NHL! Oh no! If Komi's agent reads that, hes gonna demand more money for Mike Komisarek! Because he clearly didn't know his worth like we did, and now this schmuck on SI has exposed it! We're doomed! DOOMED I TELL YOU."

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Komisarek is the most overrated player on this ****ing team.

He reminds me of Craig Rivet. He has trouble making any kind of tape-to-tape passes; he always shoots the puck towards the boards or dumps it out of his zone, he just doesnt have enough vision to put his head up and take the time to see if a teammate is open.

Earlier this season, pucks and players were getting by him like he was a pylon. He's gotten better, but his feet are still so ****ing slow.

In the defensive end, he's always borderline to take a penalty, he hits opponents from behind, he pins them against the board for way too long, uses his stick to whack at other teams players, etc.

So far this year, he has been less than impressing IMO. He's not always been that way, and I remember last year he could make some good heads up play.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post

"It'll be so great to sign Mike Komisarek for cheap. I mean, his agent is purely influenced by media and absolutely nothing with Komisarek's wants, needs or play ability. We will surely get a good deal. Wait, some guy on Sports Illustrated no-one has heard of called Mike Komisarek the best bang for your buck in the NHL! Oh no! If Komi's agent reads that, hes gonna demand more money for Mike Komisarek! Because he clearly didn't know his worth like we did, and now this schmuck on SI has exposed it! We're doomed! DOOMED I TELL YOU."
you need to chill no one really expects the article to affect negotiations.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:31 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:

LR, give us some credit... we're just joking around. I don't think anyone was serious; I know I wasn't.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post

He reminds me of Craig Rivet. He has trouble making any kind of tape-to-tape passes; he always shoots the puck towards the boards or dumps it out of his zone, he just doesnt have enough vision to put his head up and take the time to see if a teammate is open.

Earlier this season, pucks and players were getting by him like he was a pylon. He's gotten better, but his feet are still so ****ing slow.

In the defensive end, he's always borderline to take a penalty, he hits opponents from behind, he pins them against the board for way too long, uses his stick to whack at other teams players, etc.

So far this year, he has been less than impressing IMO. He's not always been that way, and I remember last year he could make some good heads up play.
i somewhat agree with you.

he has been a shadow of himself so far.

he has 0 offensive capabilities.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:06 AM
JrHockeyFan

Isn't SI a Time Warner company? I think they own the rangers too.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:13 AM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Exactly what I said out loud when I saw the thread.

SI
hahah add me to that list... way to go SI!

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
i somewhat agree with you.

he has been a shadow of himself so far.

he has 0 offensive capabilities.
Agreed. I know komi is there to be physical and good in our own end, but he has zero offensive upside. Its kind of disapointing, not to mention that he hasnt been playing up to his potential this year.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:01 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:

OVERRATED... are you nuts!!!
There is not one team who wouldn't want him in their lineup. Teams hate playing against him because he hits so hard. He block shots with seemingly no fear. He's the perfect compliment for Markov, the fact he is a stay at home D allows Markov to freelance a bit.

Markov is the premier D on the team for sure, but imagine this team without Komi's presence. I'm never worried about our own end when he's on the ice. As for points, it's not his gig. He plays the PK, almost never the PP where he would most likely get 20-30 point a year. He's got a decent shot, and when he shoots it's usually on net. But again the Habs offense is not set up for his position its set up for Markov, as it should be.

Komisarek is so slow that he has effectively been able to shut down opposing left wingers attempting to go around him on the left side. One of the reason his hits are down this year is that the winger don't want to deal with the punishment on that side so they're coming in the other side.

He's had an admittedly (by himself) slow start but still leads the league in blocked shots and 7th in hits. Other that Markov do we have any player leading league stats??? (seriously I don't know)

Overrated my A S S

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
OVERRATED... are you nuts!!!
There is not one team who wouldn't want him in their lineup. Teams hate playing against him because he hits so hard. He block shots with seemingly no fear. He's the perfect compliment for Markov, the fact he is a stay at home D allows Markov to freelance a bit.

Markov is the premier D on the team for sure, but imagine this team without Komi's presence. I'm never worried about our own end when he's on the ice. As for points, it's not his gig. He plays the PK, almost never the PP where he would most likely get 20-30 point a year. He's got a decent shot, and when he shoots it's usually on net. But again the Habs offense is not set up for his position its set up for Markov, as it should be.

Komisarek is so slow that he has effectively been able to shut down opposing left wingers attempting to go around him on the left side. One of the reason his hits are down this year is that the winger don't want to deal with the punishment on that side so they're coming in the other side.

He's had an admittedly (by himself) slow start but still leads the league in blocked shots and 7th in hits. Other that Markov do we have any player leading league stats??? (seriously I don't know)

Overrated my A S S
There's no way in hell I'm trading Komisarek, he's important to us because of his monster physical side and leadership, but he is still overrated by many.

Komisarek is overrated by a large majorites of fans, not just in Montreal but around the NHL. Some say he is a top 15 dmen in the whole NHL, gimme a freaking break.

Stats arnt the whole story. Volchenkov hits and block shots better than anyone in the league right now, and I never see him ahead of Komisarek in defensemen rankings.

In the new NHL, a defenseman needs to be able to make smart plays with the puck, good breakout passes, quick feet, etc. Yes Komo can hit like a truck and block shots regulary, but he is not a top-pairing defenseman in my book, and that's what he's considered by many.

Hamrlik is a better defenseman in my opinion, he hits just as hard. Have you see him on the one-on-one against Rick Nash last night? Also, Hamrlik can actually make a pass and shoot the puck, unlike Komisarek.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Isn't SI a Time Warner company? I think they own the rangers too.
No, CableVision owns the Rangers.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Habsfan1215

Quote:

Komisarek is NOT an offensive defencean first of all...he is once again leading the league in blocked shots and that is his main contribution to this team Blocked shots usually equals saved goals just ask Price

Habsfan1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
There's no way in hell I'm trading Komisarek, he's important to us because of his monster physical side and leadership, but he is still overrated by many.

Komisarek is overrated by a large majorites of fans, not just in Montreal but around the NHL. Some say he is a top 15 dmen in the whole NHL, gimme a freaking break.

Stats arnt the whole story. Volchenkov hits and block shots better than anyone in the league right now, and I never see him ahead of Komisarek in defensemen rankings.

In the new NHL, a defenseman needs to be able to make smart plays with the puck, good breakout passes, quick feet, etc. Yes Komo can hit like a truck and block shots regulary, but he is not a top-pairing defenseman in my book, and that's what he's considered by many.

Hamrlik is a better defenseman in my opinion, he hits just as hard. Have you see him on the one-on-one against Rick Nash last night? Also, Hamrlik can actually make a pass and shoot the puck, unlike Komisarek.
There's no doubt that Hamrlik is better, I don't think one person would dispute that fact. Hamrlik is probably one of the most underrated D in the league, the guy is a solid beast.
As for the one on one, Hamrlik just fallowed Nash, if S.Kost doesn't come back to poke away the puck who knows what would have happened. Maybe Nash takes a turnaround backhand and scores, maybe not. I don't think it was such an unbelievable play as the RDS commentators made it sound to be.
But Hammer is great, and our record speaks for itself when he isn't playing.

As for Komo, yea he's overrated on these boards. I mean last season someone actually dared to create a poll as to which D was better Komo or Markov, and some people actually voted for Komisarek.
That being said, in no way should you mention the name Rivet in the same sentence unless its to say how much worse he is.

Not every Dman in the league need to have the superb breakout pass, quick feet, etc..Especially not when you're being paired with possible the best Dman in the East.
Whether he is a top D individually, that's debatable. But seeing as it works in Pairs, he's definitely a top pairing D.

He is overrated here, but you're being overly critical of him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Well atleast now we know what Mike is gonna b askin for Christmas

Last edited by JHabs: 11-08-2008 at 02:46 PM.
JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
ari1160

great... thanks a lot SI.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Must have missed the last 4 years of Komisarek vs Volchenkov polls.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:

Nope the most overrated player on this team is Price

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Agreed. I know komi is there to be physical and good in our own end, but he has zero offensive upside. Its kind of disapointing, not to mention that he hasnt been playing up to his potential this year.
Komisarek never was hailed as an offensive defensemen was never projected to become the second coming of Sergei Gonchar and so i don't understand why some of you are disappointed. Sure , he's struggling a bit this year but he's one of the best stay at home D in the east when he's on his game.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote