HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rolston to the Wild

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Blueshirt13

vCash: 500
Rolston to the Wild

posted on NHL.com

Old
07-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Who all is left that is considered a big guy? Palffy, Bondra, Kariya, Selanne, Demitra. I can't think of any others off hand. Unless we make a late run on FA's, this is going to be a VERY young and inexperienced team.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:21 PM
nyr7andcounting

Well unless we resign Nedved, or get Demitra and move him to C....looks like Holik and Lundmark are 1-2 centers.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Rolston under Lemaire? There's an early Selke candidate for ya.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Well unless we resign Nedved, or get Demitra and move him to C....looks like Holik and Lundmark are 1-2 centers.
Demitra is a natural C.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Who all is left that is considered a big guy? Palffy, Bondra, Kariya, Selanne, Demitra. I can't think of any others off hand. Unless we make a late run on FA's, this is going to be a VERY young and inexperienced team.
I would add Zhamnov, Glenn Murray, Zhitnik, Weekes, Kovalev, Lindros, Recchi, Francis (anyone know if he is retiring?), Numminen, Schneider, Hull, Shanahan, Allison, Deadmarsh, Carter, Damphousse, and Ricci as more names to keep an eye out for as big name free agents that people are looking at.

Old
07-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
hmmmm interesting. well i can finally say goodnight to the conroy and rolston rumors/ideas. whos next?

Old
07-08-2004, 03:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Rolston under Lemaire? There's an early Selke candidate for ya.

Yep and with Gaborik, he's gonna put ups some numbers too.

Old
07-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Pearl Necklace

D*mnit.

He obviously remebers the first cup Lemaire got him.

Old
07-08-2004, 06:49 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
I was hoping for Rolston , I loved his game ever since he played for the Devs. It's amazing he moved around so much, he's a really valuable team guy...

Old
07-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
id expect sather to push hard for one of these two, unfortunately i can easily see us overpaying for nedved and giving him a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year deal

demitra id like to sign but he wants too much and doesnt want to be here, so unless sather makes an insane offer he will sign elsewhere

Old
07-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
id expect sather to push hard for one of these two, unfortunately i can easily see us overpaying for nedved and giving him a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year deal

demitra id like to sign but he wants too much and doesnt want to be here, so unless sather makes an insane offer he will sign elsewhere
If the guy doesn't wanna be here (demitra), why even bother with him? I want guys that actually wanna play for this team.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Sicilian

eh, i've always thought rolston was a bit overrated. don't get me wrong, he's a great player, either 2nd line winger or 3rd line center in a pinch, but he's not the kind of guy you get for a rebuilding team. he's much better suited to be one of the "intangibles" that a playoff team has. we would've benefited from his wheels though.

Old
07-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
If the guy doesn't wanna be here (demitra), why even bother with him? I want guys that actually wanna play for this team.
balej
your statement makes sense, but this is sather we are talking about, so regardless of what demitra may have said if sather wants him he will go after him

Old
07-08-2004, 07:53 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
balej
your statement makes sense, but this is sather we are talking about, so regardless of what demitra may have said if sather wants him he will go after him
i agree with what Balej20 sadi and what you also said but.. i rather have Sather sign a player who doesn't mind being on a losing, young, and inexperienced team, and plays for the game, not the money. > also wants to come to the Rangers to help out the team and be a mentor to the youngsters. But knowing Sather, if he wants a player and can't get him, he will do everything in his power to get him; if i means giving him a 6 figure salary, then so be it.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
i agree with what Balej20 sadi and what you also said but.. i rather have Sather sign a player who doesn't mind being on a losing, young, and inexperienced team, and plays for the game, not the money. > also wants to come to the Rangers to help out the team and be a mentor to the youngsters. But knowing Sather, if he wants a player and can't get him, he will do everything in his power to get him; if i means giving him a 6 figure salary, then so be it.
Yep you're right...Lets just pray he wont do that this year. Already 2 guys i could have seen him sign in the past have slipped through (Rolston and Conroy). Now you got guys like Palffy and Demitra out there. Lets see what Glen does....

Old
07-09-2004, 01:03 AM
GarretJoseph*

Wow, Rolston will be awesome in the Wilds system....

I am happy NYR haven't signed anybody and I hope it stays that way, let the kids play. SIDNEY CROSBY baby!

Old
07-09-2004, 02:24 PM
little a from da bx

well i guess demitra could go **** him self dont want plaffy or anyone the only thing i wouldnt miind for a left wing is kariya like him a better choice than palffy and i guess maybe try for zhamnov.

Closed Thread