HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hypothetically speaking of course..

Old
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
JTWymanFan*

vCash: 500
Hypothetically speaking of course..

..but would Gainey ever fire Carbs if the season were to start depleating quickly or are they to good of friends for this to happen ? Just a question here not saying it's going to happen.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:22 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I highly doubt it.

Bob comes accross as a GM who wants stability. Unless Carbo drives this team into the league basement, I see him here until at least the end of his contract

Old
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
..but would Gainey ever fire Carbs if the season were to start depleating quickly or are they to good of friends for this to happen ? Just a question here not saying it's going to happen.
If the team takes a huge uncontrollable Nose Dive, as a GM Gainey is forced to pay close attention to the situation. Carbo is a coach, and Gainey is a GM, from a professional point of view he shouldn't have any protection from the possibility of getting fired. However I don't believe Carbo would get fired over a few losses, it would have to be an ongoing streak of losses until mid january. And even so I think Gainey would trade some players to get a high offensive player, or another top Defender before firing Carbo.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
la25ecoupe

But Carbo really needs to be wipped by Gainey. I don't really like Carbo's job up till now. I don't get his PP lines and he can't get the message to his players.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
But Carbo really needs to be wipped by Gainey. I don't really like Carbo's job up till now. I don't get his PP lines and he can't get the message to his players.
He has the tools to build the tool shed, he just doesn't have the screws.

Our PP is strong, but we have maybe 3 snipers on the whole team.

Kovalev, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maybe Higgins if he tried hard enough.

The rest are all Playmakers or Wanna be Power Forwards. Pleks, Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Sergei, I think Lapierre shoots the puck more then anyone.

So He either has to start using the Snipers more, or aim for a new player to come to the team.

As for the D well to be honest, we have 1 solid OFD Markov. He can't carry the whole D by being the only point producer, Hammerlik can sort of do it, but hes more of an all around D. So either call up Weber or make some magic happen and get another D.

Old
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Shabutie

Gainey coach > Gainey GM.

I don't think coaching is the issue right now...it's more the fact that no one other than a selective few players are giving 100% for 60mins.

There's also the fact that we don't have a number 4 Dman, which is really going to hurt us while Hamrlik/Komisarek/Markov are out.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
OMGZ! we lost 2 games (one in regulation) in a row! Let's fire Carbo! Let's trade everyone!

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
TroyM

I see us having a "Lindsay Ruff" situation with Carbo, I think (and hope) that he is in it for the long run, and I hope Muller and Jarvis and Rollie stick around for that long (and glorious) run.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
OMGZ! we lost 2 games (one in regulation) in a row! Let's fire Carbo! Let's trade everyone!
Duh its what we do here! you must be new.

Old
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Tim Wallach

I think Carbo is a good coach and anything he needs to improve on is minor. No coach is perfect. But certain things have been weaknesses of his since day 1.

First and foremost: HIS PLAYERS DON'T WORK HARD ENOUGH!

Period.

Seriously, ask yourself when the last time was that they played a full 60? Sounds cliched, but I can't recall.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
JrHockeyFan

Hypothetically, anything could happen. Realistically I doubt it

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I see us having a "Lindsay Ruff" situation with Carbo, I think (and hope) that he is in it for the long run, and I hope Muller and Jarvis and Rollie stick around for that long (and glorious) run.
I thought it was Lindy Ruff?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Pretty sure Detroit, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and San Jose had their downfalls too. I'm sure they had games where they were dragging their feet, 2 Games yeah its hard to get over the fact that we lost 2 in a row, 1 in regulation, but you cannot pin 2 games on an entire season. We arn't even at the halfway mark yet, and we all know they haven't even Sparked their Full Potential. Honestly I don't think Detroit or San Jose has either. Patience, and maybe Another Top Pairing Defender, or Top 4 Defender, and we will do fine.

Old
11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
I never said FIRED, i said WHIPPED!

How many times have you heard him saying: "We need to give more effort". "We need to play more disciplined". And nothings changes? I don't care about the 2 loses. We might be heading for 8 straight loses if we continue this way.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:27 AM
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
not jarvis

you need a dman coach in there. The defence has not really improved as a whole in the last 2 years.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
shealy04

We lose our second game in regulation (albeit against the Leafs) and a "hypothetical" thread about firing Carbo appears.

Wow.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
it has the same chance of happenning than E.T. comming back on earth with a habs jersey, scoring a hat trick for the habs...

Gainey and Carbo are partners ... as long as Gainey will be GM , carbo is going to be the coach, mark my words...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
it has the same chance of happenning than E.T. comming back on earth with a habs jersey, scoring a hat trick for the habs...

Gainey and Carbo are partners ... as long as Gainey will be GM , carbo is going to be the coach, mark my words...
Well there goes my Hope of getting the High Octane Point Producer we needed.

Old
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post

The rest are all Playmakers or Wanna be Power Forwards. Pleks, Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Sergei, I think Lapierre shoots the puck more then anyone.

So He either has to start using the Snipers more, or aim for a new player to come to the team.

As for the D well to be honest, we have 1 solid OFD Markov. He can't carry the whole D by being the only point producer, Hammerlik can sort of do it, but hes more of an all around D. So either call up Weber or make some magic happen and get another D.
I still don't understand why the Plekanec/Kovalev duo doesn't get the first PP shift.. To me thats the most important one, and I don't care what anyone says... Our PP is garbage without Kovalev.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I still don't understand why the Plekanec/Kovalev duo doesn't get the first PP shift.. To me thats the most important one, and I don't care what anyone says... Our PP is garbage without Kovalev.
We're not 11th in the league, we jumped up 8 ranks in the last two games. Power play is going well, this was just a matter of time before things would go better.

As for the OT, this is way too early to even speculate about firing a Jack Adams trophy candidate...

Although, I wish he would make clever changes when things are not going well in a game...

I don't know, but the first change to do in the lineup right now, and it's pretty obvious, is to put both Kostitsyns together... Not to try to form a line with Laraque, Koivu and Sergei Kostitsyn...

This is one thing I don't like about Carbonneau. When he gets emotional, he totally loses it... and sometimes the changes he makes are embarassing...

Remember the Streit - Koivu - Johnson unit a couple of years ago?

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:02 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He should go back to basics, put players in their actual positions, right wing positions. Try to get his team to get their gap control in tact.

Right now we have two defencemen back and all our forwards at the opposing blueline. Yes, we're talented enough to pull of those long bombs. No, they aren't effective enough, short quick passes, using our speed to force the other teams defenders to pivot and puck chase should be our game. We're not doing this.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He should go back to basics, put players in their actual positions, right wing positions. Try to get his team to get their gap control in tact.

Right now we have two defencemen back and all our forwards at the opposing blueline. Yes, we're talented enough to pull of those long bombs. No, they aren't effective enough, short quick passes, using our speed to force the other teams defenders to pivot and puck chase should be our game. We're not doing this.
Honestly, the AK46 case is becoming more and more obvious each game... I can't conceive that Carbonneau hasn't noticed it yet... I just can't... it's too obvious now.

Each and each one of his goals are direct proofs.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

panic much?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:10 PM
TroyM

Shabutie - Bah, of course it is Lindy, my hate for Buffalo must have caused me to give him a woman's name.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post

Our PP has been horrible this year. Have you been watching hockey at all?

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote