HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hypothetically speaking of course..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
  #1
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Hypothetically speaking of course..

..but would Gainey ever fire Carbs if the season were to start depleating quickly or are they to good of friends for this to happen ? Just a question here not saying it's going to happen.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:22 AM
  #2
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I highly doubt it.

Bob comes accross as a GM who wants stability. Unless Carbo drives this team into the league basement, I see him here until at least the end of his contract

  Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
  #3
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
..but would Gainey ever fire Carbs if the season were to start depleating quickly or are they to good of friends for this to happen ? Just a question here not saying it's going to happen.
If the team takes a huge uncontrollable Nose Dive, as a GM Gainey is forced to pay close attention to the situation. Carbo is a coach, and Gainey is a GM, from a professional point of view he shouldn't have any protection from the possibility of getting fired. However I don't believe Carbo would get fired over a few losses, it would have to be an ongoing streak of losses until mid january. And even so I think Gainey would trade some players to get a high offensive player, or another top Defender before firing Carbo.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
  #4
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,783
vCash: 500
But Carbo really needs to be wipped by Gainey. I don't really like Carbo's job up till now. I don't get his PP lines and he can't get the message to his players.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
  #5
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
But Carbo really needs to be wipped by Gainey. I don't really like Carbo's job up till now. I don't get his PP lines and he can't get the message to his players.
He has the tools to build the tool shed, he just doesn't have the screws.

Our PP is strong, but we have maybe 3 snipers on the whole team.

Kovalev, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maybe Higgins if he tried hard enough.

The rest are all Playmakers or Wanna be Power Forwards. Pleks, Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Sergei, I think Lapierre shoots the puck more then anyone.

So He either has to start using the Snipers more, or aim for a new player to come to the team.

As for the D well to be honest, we have 1 solid OFD Markov. He can't carry the whole D by being the only point producer, Hammerlik can sort of do it, but hes more of an all around D. So either call up Weber or make some magic happen and get another D.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
  #6
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Gainey coach > Gainey GM.

I don't think coaching is the issue right now...it's more the fact that no one other than a selective few players are giving 100% for 60mins.

There's also the fact that we don't have a number 4 Dman, which is really going to hurt us while Hamrlik/Komisarek/Markov are out.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
  #7
AlexMeth
Registered User
 
AlexMeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
But Carbo really needs to be wipped by Gainey. I don't really like Carbo's job up till now. I don't get his PP lines and he can't get the message to his players.
OMGZ! we lost 2 games (one in regulation) in a row! Let's fire Carbo! Let's trade everyone!

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
  #8
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
I see us having a "Lindsay Ruff" situation with Carbo, I think (and hope) that he is in it for the long run, and I hope Muller and Jarvis and Rollie stick around for that long (and glorious) run.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
  #9
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
OMGZ! we lost 2 games (one in regulation) in a row! Let's fire Carbo! Let's trade everyone!
Duh its what we do here! you must be new.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
  #10
Tim Wallach
Registered User
 
Tim Wallach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
I think Carbo is a good coach and anything he needs to improve on is minor. No coach is perfect. But certain things have been weaknesses of his since day 1.

First and foremost: HIS PLAYERS DON'T WORK HARD ENOUGH!

Period.

Seriously, ask yourself when the last time was that they played a full 60? Sounds cliched, but I can't recall.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
  #11
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Hypothetically, anything could happen. Realistically I doubt it

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
  #12
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I see us having a "Lindsay Ruff" situation with Carbo, I think (and hope) that he is in it for the long run, and I hope Muller and Jarvis and Rollie stick around for that long (and glorious) run.
I thought it was Lindy Ruff?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
  #13
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Pretty sure Detroit, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, and San Jose had their downfalls too. I'm sure they had games where they were dragging their feet, 2 Games yeah its hard to get over the fact that we lost 2 in a row, 1 in regulation, but you cannot pin 2 games on an entire season. We arn't even at the halfway mark yet, and we all know they haven't even Sparked their Full Potential. Honestly I don't think Detroit or San Jose has either. Patience, and maybe Another Top Pairing Defender, or Top 4 Defender, and we will do fine.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
  #14
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
OMGZ! we lost 2 games (one in regulation) in a row! Let's fire Carbo! Let's trade everyone!
I never said FIRED, i said WHIPPED!


How many times have you heard him saying: "We need to give more effort". "We need to play more disciplined". And nothings changes? I don't care about the 2 loses. We might be heading for 8 straight loses if we continue this way.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:27 AM
  #15
superstar436
Registered User
 
superstar436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I see us having a "Lindsay Ruff" situation with Carbo, I think (and hope) that he is in it for the long run, and I hope Muller and Jarvis and Rollie stick around for that long (and glorious) run.
not jarvis

you need a dman coach in there. The defence has not really improved as a whole in the last 2 years.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
  #16
shealy04
Registered User
 
shealy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
We lose our second game in regulation (albeit against the Leafs) and a "hypothetical" thread about firing Carbo appears.

Wow.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
  #17
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
..but would Gainey ever fire Carbs if the season were to start depleating quickly or are they to good of friends for this to happen ? Just a question here not saying it's going to happen.
it has the same chance of happenning than E.T. comming back on earth with a habs jersey, scoring a hat trick for the habs...

Gainey and Carbo are partners ... as long as Gainey will be GM , carbo is going to be the coach, mark my words...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
  #18
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
it has the same chance of happenning than E.T. comming back on earth with a habs jersey, scoring a hat trick for the habs...

Gainey and Carbo are partners ... as long as Gainey will be GM , carbo is going to be the coach, mark my words...
Well there goes my Hope of getting the High Octane Point Producer we needed.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
  #19
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
He has the tools to build the tool shed, he just doesn't have the screws.

Our PP is strong, but we have maybe 3 snipers on the whole team.

Kovalev, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maybe Higgins if he tried hard enough.

The rest are all Playmakers or Wanna be Power Forwards. Pleks, Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Sergei, I think Lapierre shoots the puck more then anyone.

So He either has to start using the Snipers more, or aim for a new player to come to the team.

As for the D well to be honest, we have 1 solid OFD Markov. He can't carry the whole D by being the only point producer, Hammerlik can sort of do it, but hes more of an all around D. So either call up Weber or make some magic happen and get another D.
I still don't understand why the Plekanec/Kovalev duo doesn't get the first PP shift.. To me thats the most important one, and I don't care what anyone says... Our PP is garbage without Kovalev.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:00 PM
  #20
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I still don't understand why the Plekanec/Kovalev duo doesn't get the first PP shift.. To me thats the most important one, and I don't care what anyone says... Our PP is garbage without Kovalev.
We're not 11th in the league, we jumped up 8 ranks in the last two games. Power play is going well, this was just a matter of time before things would go better.

As for the OT, this is way too early to even speculate about firing a Jack Adams trophy candidate...

Although, I wish he would make clever changes when things are not going well in a game...

I don't know, but the first change to do in the lineup right now, and it's pretty obvious, is to put both Kostitsyns together... Not to try to form a line with Laraque, Koivu and Sergei Kostitsyn...

This is one thing I don't like about Carbonneau. When he gets emotional, he totally loses it... and sometimes the changes he makes are embarassing...

Remember the Streit - Koivu - Johnson unit a couple of years ago?

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:02 PM
  #21
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,487
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He should go back to basics, put players in their actual positions, right wing positions. Try to get his team to get their gap control in tact.

Right now we have two defencemen back and all our forwards at the opposing blueline. Yes, we're talented enough to pull of those long bombs. No, they aren't effective enough, short quick passes, using our speed to force the other teams defenders to pivot and puck chase should be our game. We're not doing this.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
  #22
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He should go back to basics, put players in their actual positions, right wing positions. Try to get his team to get their gap control in tact.

Right now we have two defencemen back and all our forwards at the opposing blueline. Yes, we're talented enough to pull of those long bombs. No, they aren't effective enough, short quick passes, using our speed to force the other teams defenders to pivot and puck chase should be our game. We're not doing this.
Honestly, the AK46 case is becoming more and more obvious each game... I can't conceive that Carbonneau hasn't noticed it yet... I just can't... it's too obvious now.

Each and each one of his goals are direct proofs.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
  #23
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
panic much?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:10 PM
  #24
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Shabutie - Bah, of course it is Lindy, my hate for Buffalo must have caused me to give him a woman's name.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
  #25
Habs4Life
Registered User
 
Habs4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
He has the tools to build the tool shed, he just doesn't have the screws.

Our PP is strong, but we have maybe 3 snipers on the whole team.

Kovalev, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Maybe Higgins if he tried hard enough.

The rest are all Playmakers or Wanna be Power Forwards. Pleks, Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Sergei, I think Lapierre shoots the puck more then anyone.

So He either has to start using the Snipers more, or aim for a new player to come to the team.

As for the D well to be honest, we have 1 solid OFD Markov. He can't carry the whole D by being the only point producer, Hammerlik can sort of do it, but hes more of an all around D. So either call up Weber or make some magic happen and get another D.
Our PP has been horrible this year. Have you been watching hockey at all?

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.