HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sports Illustrated - Komisarek most underpaid player

Old
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
theboss*

vCash: 500
Do you guys think Komi will re-sign?

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:55 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Yes, I'd like to think he wants to stay here.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:03 AM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
The Iceman

Komisarek = Jay McKee
Blocks shots plays tough and team mates love him
Jay McKee got $4 million/season.

The Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Komisarek is the most overrated player on this ****ing team.

He reminds me of Craig Rivet. He has trouble making any kind of tape-to-tape passes; he always shoots the puck towards the boards or dumps it out of his zone, he just doesnt have enough vision to put his head up and take the time to see if a teammate is open.

Earlier this season, pucks and players were getting by him like he was a pylon. He's gotten better, but his feet are still so ****ing slow.

In the defensive end, he's always borderline to take a penalty, he hits opponents from behind, he pins them against the board for way too long, uses his stick to whack at other teams players, etc.

So far this year, he has been less than impressing IMO. He's not always been that way, and I remember last year he could make some good heads up play.
I personnally wouldn't say that out loud, but I'll have the courage to tell you that I agree with the fact that he was better last year ...

Defensively, he is very important... hits, blocked shots, excels in pk , and worries only about defensve duties ... because he doesnt have the skills to play on a good powerplay... his first pass is good, top 4 material ... but I don't think he'll ever be a genious with the puck...

that places him in a cathegory of players that CANT be paid 5.5 / 6 milions a year ...
there is no way in the world komisarek is worth as much as markov ... the only huge factor going on Komi's side is his age...

I love him , I think he represents everything I like , a young leader, willing to sacrifice for the good of the team....and a very smart man. But Komi at 6 milion is a big pass for me... I'd expect him to sign at 4.5 ... if we sign him durring the season ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Love it!

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Nope the most overrated player on this team is Price

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
wendelclark17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
Komisarek = Jay McKee
i dont think that is a good benchmark contract, considering its a few years old and the cap has increased significantly since.

considering he is a UFA just coming into his prime, i do not see him signing for under 5mil/season and that would still be a very good signing if mtl could lock him up.

wendelclark17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:59 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
would be easier haha.
Komisarek will prob get 3-4M on his next contract haha

11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
Komisarek = Jay McKee
McKee's contract is old and he isn't as good as komisarek.

Komi will get 5mill... more on the open market.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:18 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post

I hope not.

Markov>Hamrlik>>>>Komisarek>>Gorges>Bouillon>>>>O' Byrne>Brisebois.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post

If he keeps playing like he is right now and STILL asks for 5M$ or more, I say PASS and throw this money to Bouwmeester... If we pay another D-Man 5M+, at least get one who can play in the offensive zone...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I think How much Komi asks for Depends on his play this year, his desire for his future with the habs, if the salary cap goes up or down, they also could offer him incentives instead of a huge salary. Like x amount of blocked shots per year = $$$

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
HABSFAN14

komi will re sign for about 3.5 million a year

HABSFAN14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Something around 4,5M I'd be ok with it... Over it, I'd not be though...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:49 PM
MTL-rules

The way he palys so far this year, that's not true at all...

He's been good but not great... and some nights, just brutal...

And yes Komisarek is extremely overrated... but that doesn't mean he's a bad player... people seem to forget that.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Namso

Komi is slightly overrated. Not by a lot, but still we Hab fans make him out to be more than what he really is.

I would still say he is top-10 in defensive dman, but Markov and Hammer are still better.

I would be extremely happy at under 4.5 million, I would be neutral 5 million, would be unhappy but accept at 5.5 million and absolutely furious at above 6 million.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Komisarek is the most overrated player on this ****ing team.

He reminds me of Craig Rivet. He has trouble making any kind of tape-to-tape passes; he always shoots the puck towards the boards or dumps it out of his zone, he just doesnt have enough vision to put his head up and take the time to see if a teammate is open.

Earlier this season, pucks and players were getting by him like he was a pylon. He's gotten better, but his feet are still so ****ing slow.

In the defensive end, he's always borderline to take a penalty, he hits opponents from behind, he pins them against the board for way too long, uses his stick to whack at other teams players, etc.

So far this year, he has been less than impressing IMO. He's not always been that way, and I remember last year he could make some good heads up play.
I liked Rivet (heart, grit, leadership, etc), but...not in his last year or two (soooooooo overrated). He would just endlessly whack away with his stick at opponents' arms, legs, and take stupid penalties for slashing (that's a solid dman?). And, for a veteran he would dribble with the puck in his own end and make rookie mistakes, etc, etc...

I'm a huuuge Komisarek fan, but I really, really haven't liked him this season.
Just like you wrote, Komisarek is reminding me a bit of Craig Rivet this year, and that's not a good thing.

I'm sure things will improve 'cause I know Komi is a true and dedicated warrior.
He has been a solid dman for us but I just hope we see the real Komisarek sooner than later 'cause 5 mil is way too much for this stuff we've seen recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I think How much Komi asks for Depends on his play this year, his desire for his future with the habs, if the salary cap goes up or down, they also could offer him incentives instead of a huge salary. Like x amount of blocked shots per year = $$$
Or, X amount of shots he can get through in the offensive zone ('cause he always shoots at players' legs, knees...he can never get the puck through, and everyone has to fold back and skate towards the defensive zone because of this one butched up play...& this happens 99% of the time when Komi has the puck in the oofensive zone...I wonder if Carbo/Muller ever say anything about this to Komi?).
This is definitely one of the few aspects I'd like Komisarek to improve.

Even after writing what I just did, I'm still a huuuuge Komi fan, but I really, really hope Komisarek doesn't get greedy when it comes time to sign.
I feel that a 3 or 4 year contract at $3,75 mil to $4,25 mil per year (not more) is waaaay more than fair.

IMO, if Komisarek asks for 5 mil+, he should give (every year) 1 mil or more to Markov.

Just my opinion

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
SpreeEndaz

I think Higgins is a bad influence on Komisarek, we should trade him before they pull a Three Amigos stunt.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
Komi is slightly overrated. Not by a lot, but still we Hab fans make him out to be more than what he really is.

I would still say he is top-10 in defensive dman, but Markov and Hammer are still better.

I would be extremely happy at under 4.5 million, I would be neutral 5 million, would be unhappy but accept at 5.5 million and absolutely furious at above 6 million.
I was gonna say the opposite... We in Montreal are quick to admit that he is over-rated but it's not by us Habs fans. We do love him and all but have you guys heard every announcer around the league singing his praises? In the words of Pierre Macguire, " THIS GUY IS A MONSTER!"... I think he has a more elevated status around the league than he does by fans in his hometown which is why he'll clearly cash in on the open market way more than accepting what Gainey has to offer

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
There's no way in hell I'm trading Komisarek, he's important to us because of his monster physical side and leadership, but he is still overrated by many.

Komisarek is overrated by a large majorites of fans, not just in Montreal but around the NHL. Some say he is a top 15 dmen in the whole NHL, gimme a freaking break.
Stats arnt the whole story. Volchenkov hits and block shots better than anyone in the league right now, and I never see him ahead of Komisarek in defensemen rankings.

In the new NHL, a defenseman needs to be able to make smart plays with the puck, good breakout passes, quick feet, etc. Yes Komo can hit like a truck and block shots regulary, but he is not a top-pairing defenseman in my book, and that's what he's considered by many.

Hamrlik is a better defenseman in my opinion, he hits just as hard. Have you see him on the one-on-one against Rick Nash last night? Also, Hamrlik can actually make a pass and shoot the puck, unlike Komisarek.
He's not.. top 20 is right.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

I do think he's sort of overrated, but one of our more important players nonetheless. He's got a lovely face too.

I'd be disappointed if he left at the end of the year. Or if he signed for more than $4M a year.

Unless it's a very long contract. But then again, do we really want one of those?

Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline   Reply With Quote