HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get rid of Dawes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2008, 04:38 PM
  #126
tedtroll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Renney is killing Prucha's career

I think it is time Prucha is traded. Renney has either got something against him or he does not want to put him in a position to succeed. I think Prucha can provide adequate service on the third line but he won't score consistently without a set up man. He proved that he could score on the PP his first to years and then Renney stopped using him. I bet Orr has more PP time then Prucha does this year. I'm definitely a Prucha fan and I can't see how Frische or Dawes deserves more ice time. I think Renney has destroyed the guys confidence so why not trade him so he can try and restart his career?

tedtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
  #127
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtroll View Post
I think it is time Prucha is traded. Renney has either got something against him or he does not want to put him in a position to succeed. I think Prucha can provide adequate service on the third line but he won't score consistently without a set up man. He proved that he could score on the PP his first to years and then Renney stopped using him. I bet Orr has more PP time then Prucha does this year. I'm definitely a Prucha fan and I can't see how Frische or Dawes deserves more ice time. I think Renney has destroyed the guys confidence so why not trade him so he can try and restart his career?
I think they would move him for a pick to clear salary but I dont think anyone wants him

looks like Fritsche is playing the next game too

What i dont understand is why they mix lines when they are winning and not when they are losing?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
  #128
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtroll View Post
I think it is time Prucha is traded. Renney has either got something against him or he does not want to put him in a position to succeed. I think Prucha can provide adequate service on the third line but he won't score consistently without a set up man. He proved that he could score on the PP his first to years and then Renney stopped using him. I bet Orr has more PP time then Prucha does this year. I'm definitely a Prucha fan and I can't see how Frische or Dawes deserves more ice time. I think Renney has destroyed the guys confidence so why not trade him so he can try and restart his career?

Then he shouldnt be in the NHL if he can't do anything himself. Which he has proved game in and game out.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
  #129
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtroll View Post
I think it is time Prucha is traded. Renney has either got something against him or he does not want to put him in a position to succeed. I think Prucha can provide adequate service on the third line but he won't score consistently without a set up man. He proved that he could score on the PP his first to years and then Renney stopped using him. I bet Orr has more PP time then Prucha does this year. I'm definitely a Prucha fan and I can't see how Frische or Dawes deserves more ice time. I think Renney has destroyed the guys confidence so why not trade him so he can try and restart his career?
I was thinking the same thing when I heard that Renney was benching Prucha through out the third period in last night's game at Washinton. That Renney must have something against Prucha. I'm thinking, why does Prucha warrant a benching and not Dawes?? What has Dawes done throughout this game that I'm watching? The answer is in big caps. Absolutely Nothing!!! And you're right on another point. It seems like he doesn't want to put Prucha in a position to succeed. He plays him a "whooping" 2 or 3 games in a row with limited ice time and no opportunities at all on the pp. Prucha came into camp with so much speed, I'll bet he can do some pk as well and put pressure on the point men. I say we keep Prucha and trade Renney and Dawes for future considerations.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
  #130
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
I've been thinking that Renney has some serious dislike of Prucha for a while now. I'm not saying that Prucha is the greatest player in the world or anything but it does seem like he gets a lot less rope than other players on the team that are in similar situations.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
  #131
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,518
vCash: 500
have you guys thought that the rangers organization as a whole who sees him everyday doesnt see that potential in him like they see in dawes?.....i mean these guys do this for a living and see him all the time....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:17 AM
  #132
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
have you guys thought that the rangers organization as a whole who sees him everyday doesnt see that potential in him like they see in dawes?.....i mean these guys do this for a living and see him all the time....
I have no idea what they see behind the scenes and it would be pointless for us to speculate. Judging by what I see on the ice Dawes has done nothing to separate himself from the rest of the pack this season. Prucha, Fritsche and Dawes have all played equally poorly in my eyes.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:55 PM
  #133
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
hmmm

This team can't score to save its life, and when it does its just horrible.

Fact of the matter. Pruca, Dawes, Fritche, Korpedo could play for any NHL Team, except the Rangers.

The PP is horrendus, instead of looking at why these young kids can't score, let's look at who they areplaying with.

Chris Drury.... If Renney was serious about getting any of these guys ice time, he would bench some of the more horrible players, like Drury and see what a Fritche, Dawes, Prucha line would look like.

Fact - We have players getting serious time on the roster that are not playing well.
Fact - Drury is getting 20+ minutesa a night on the ice and has 8 points over 17 games with a -5.
Fact - Of the young guys mentioned above, Only two players have any decent stats, Dawes, and Prucha. -1 a piece, Dawes has a goal and an assist in 14 games. Poor Pru has only played 8 and was benched because Drury can't score, or set up his players, Dawes and Prucha both finishers are playing with a .... you guessed if Finisher.
Fact - This team is missing playmakers and big men. All a bunch of finishers.

Maybe its time to move Dru to the 4th line till he finds his game, and let's actually put someone who can play with these guys.

I say get Fritche Dawes and Prucha on a line. See what happens. Bench players for poor play.

Glen needs to stop shopping on the FA market and start developing within. I rather face two losing seasons to have a core group of young guys who can play, rather than a bunch of guys that can't even put the puck in the net anymore.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:08 PM
  #134
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
This team can't score to save its life, and when it does its just horrible.

Fact of the matter. Pruca, Dawes, Fritche, Korpedo could play for any NHL Team, except the Rangers.

The PP is horrendus, instead of looking at why these young kids can't score, let's look at who they areplaying with.

Chris Drury.... If Renney was serious about getting any of these guys ice time, he would bench some of the more horrible players, like Drury and see what a Fritche, Dawes, Prucha line would look like.

Fact - We have players getting serious time on the roster that are not playing well.
Fact - Drury is getting 20+ minutesa a night on the ice and has 8 points over 17 games with a -5.
Fact - Of the young guys mentioned above, Only two players have any decent stats, Dawes, and Prucha. -1 a piece, Dawes has a goal and an assist in 14 games. Poor Pru has only played 8 and was benched because Drury can't score, or set up his players, Dawes and Prucha both finishers are playing with a .... you guessed if Finisher.
Fact - This team is missing playmakers and big men. All a bunch of finishers.

Maybe its time to move Dru to the 4th line till he finds his game, and let's actually put someone who can play with these guys.

I say get Fritche Dawes and Prucha on a line. See what happens. Bench players for poor play.

Glen needs to stop shopping on the FA market and start developing within. I rather face two losing seasons to have a core group of young guys who can play, rather than a bunch of guys that can't even put the puck in the net anymore.
That's definitely the first time I've seen anyone say the Rangers have too many finishers and too few playmakers.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
  #135
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
What would it take for the Flyers to acquire one of Dawes/Fritsche/Callahan?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
  #136
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
What would it take for the Flyers to acquire one of Dawes/Fritsche/Callahan?
I'm not gonna play GM, but fyi - Callahan does not belong in the same category as the other two.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM
  #137
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
I say get Fritche Dawes and Prucha on a line. See what happens.
Wow.

Have you seen Talledega Nights? This suggestion kinda reminds me of the scene where Will Ferrell has the knife in his leg, and he wants to get it out by sticking another one in.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:06 PM
  #138
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
I'm not gonna play GM, but fyi - Callahan does not belong in the same category as the other two.
Well one of Your excess forwards

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #139
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Well one of Your excess forwards
I think its safe to assume Dawes and/or Prucha wouldn't be traded within the division, just in case.

You can have Patrick Rissmiller for nothing, he's already passed through waivers, and is essentially persona non grata.

Or you can take Brendan Shanahan

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:32 PM
  #140
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtroll View Post
I think it is time Prucha is traded. Renney has either got something against him or he does not want to put him in a position to succeed. I think Prucha can provide adequate service on the third line but he won't score consistently without a set up man. He proved that he could score on the PP his first to years and then Renney stopped using him. I bet Orr has more PP time then Prucha does this year. I'm definitely a Prucha fan and I can't see how Frische or Dawes deserves more ice time. I think Renney has destroyed the guys confidence so why not trade him so he can try and restart his career?
Prucha is killing his own career...

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM
  #141
tedtroll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Not to add more fuel to this but

I'm a diehard Ranger fan and I'm not against Dawes, Renney or Fritsche. However, I am a big Prucha fan. Now last nite Fritsche looks good against the Devils cause he set up LK in the slot and LK buried it. I bet Fritsche is back in the lineup at Boston because of his overall play plus that nice set up. A few games ago Prucha makes pretty much the same pass to Dawes in the slot and Dawes misses the net. Now Prucha is out of the lineup after that game. My point is Renney is anti-Prucha. Also, i think Renney does not always make moves that others (okay me) would make. For instance, play NZ with Gomez or never put Betts line on the ice for PP time or curtail use of Betts line when you are down by a goal in the third. Renney will never put Prucha on the PP but he'll put dawes out. Look at Prucha's stats on the PP his first two years. That's my last rant on the Prucha situation. My only wish is that Rangers trade him, get back value and Prucha goes on to have a good career somewhere else.

tedtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
  #142
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtroll View Post
I'm a diehard Ranger fan and I'm not against Dawes, Renney or Fritsche. However, I am a big Prucha fan. Now last nite Fritsche looks good against the Devils cause he set up LK in the slot and LK buried it. I bet Fritsche is back in the lineup at Boston because of his overall play plus that nice set up. A few games ago Prucha makes pretty much the same pass to Dawes in the slot and Dawes misses the net. Now Prucha is out of the lineup after that game. My point is Renney is anti-Prucha. Also, i think Renney does not always make moves that others (okay me) would make. For instance, play NZ with Gomez or never put Betts line on the ice for PP time or curtail use of Betts line when you are down by a goal in the third. Renney will never put Prucha on the PP but he'll put dawes out. Look at Prucha's stats on the PP his first two years. That's my last rant on the Prucha situation. My only wish is that Rangers trade him, get back value and Prucha goes on to have a good career somewhere else.
First off I hear ya. I was a big Prucha fan his first year, who wasnt really? I even met the guy, had a drink with him and other Rangers, the kid is great.

But I think Renney has given Prucha alot of chances going back to last season. He simply hasn't performed well enough to be on a top line, at least, I wouldnt put him out there against other top lines. I'm through with his 'learning curve'.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 12:11 AM
  #143
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Anybody have any idea what could be plaguing Dawes this season? I mean last season I felt like he displayed great vision and passing skills and had a tricky shot... this year I don't think I've noticed him once. It's not even like he's playing bad... he's just been unnoticeable to me.

Even against the Devils it seemed like Fritsche and Korpedo were really motoring and Dawes was sort of just going through the motions. I love the kid though, I'm just really curious as to what could be causing him to be so completely unnoticeable every night?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
  #144
gilles lupien
 
gilles lupien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
good win tonight. this was the first game in quite a while without dawes, eh? hmmm.

gilles lupien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.