HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dynamo wants $2 million for Ovechkin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
  #1
Habs514
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,929
vCash: 500
Dynamo wants $2 million for Ovechkin

Moscow Dynamo told Russian newspaper Sovietsky Sport on Wednesday that the Capitals will have to pay at least $2 million in transfer fees if the team wants Ovechkin in uniform for the upcoming season.

Under the old deal, Moscow Dynamo would have got only $200,000 but since the NHL's collective transfer deal with European clubs is up for renewal they will demand insane amounts.

How much will Montreal need to pay for Andrei Kastsitsyn?

Here is the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90394

Habs514 is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 09:43 PM
  #2
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
Moscow Dynamo told Russian newspaper Sovietsky Sport on Wednesday that the Capitals will have to pay at least $2 million in transfer fees if the team wants Ovechkin in uniform for the upcoming season.

Under the old deal, Moscow Dynamo would have got only $200,000 but since the NHL's collective transfer deal with European clubs is up for renewal they will demand insane amounts.

How much will Montreal need to pay for Andrei Kastsitsyn?

Here is the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90394
I don't believe Montreal would have to pay anything more than the usual, because he was signed before this came up with the Russians.

This won't be the normal request for Russian prospects, they are probably trying to see what sort of response this gets.

Habs is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
  #3
Boutmania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dude, where's my home...
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Kastsitsyn isn't signeg yet...

Boutmania is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 11:55 PM
  #4
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Kasty isn't signed so it's up in the air for what it will take to bring him over.

I don't think $2 mil for Ovechkin is unfair though. The Russian system groomed him and it's a huge loss to Dynamo to lose a player of his stature, especially before he really got to produce for them. $200,000 is unfair and Dynamo stands to lose a lot more than that by letting him go.

Habber is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 08:44 PM
  #5
YEMELIN74
Registered User
 
YEMELIN74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lévis
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Kasty isn't signed so it's up in the air for what it will take to bring him over.

I don't think $2 mil for Ovechkin is unfair though. The Russian system groomed him and it's a huge loss to Dynamo to lose a player of his stature, especially before he really got to produce for them. $200,000 is unfair and Dynamo stands to lose a lot more than that by letting him go.
the guy didnt really produce for the dynamo this year, if i remember well

YEMELIN74 is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 08:51 PM
  #6
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
2M is totally INSANE!!! With that money, the Caps could sign a pretty good UFA. And Oveshkin will ask for alot of money too so I don't know what they will do with him...

As for Kast, if we have to pat something, that wouldn't be that much for sure. He only play 11 games in the super league...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
  #7
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX
the guy didnt really produce for the dynamo this year, if i remember well
I said before he got to produce.

Think of it as pure business, don't you think that Ovechkin is worth that much to Dynamo. Tehy're losing an awesome player and also some large revenues.

Habber is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
  #8
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
These teams develop these talents and then the NHL teams "steal" them, I don't see why they wouldn't have to cough up some dough for it.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
  #9
Roxor
Registered User
 
Roxor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 379
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Roxor
The Deal between the IIHF or RSL is over with the nhl, so basically i guess each and every players playing in a russian team must be worth something for its club. Theres one glitch that im not sure about though... Kastsitsyn was born in Belarus, so he's not a true russian player. I guess hes playing in russia because theres no Professional league in Belarus, but anyway, im sure this fact would make his team a little more willing to see him go for less money.

Ovechkin is also one of the best talents in the world right now so i guess its normal.

Roxor is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
  #10
rocketlives
Registered User
 
rocketlives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
How much of that $2 million goes to the Russian mafia? The hockey leagues over there have probably been infiltrated like everything else in Russia.


rocketlives is offline  
Old
07-08-2004, 11:19 PM
  #11
Belarus Rocket
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
2 million Is fair for a guy of Is caliber,If It was the opposite and Russia was taking away our best player from NA, Im sure we would be asking as much money as they do

Belarus Rocket is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 01:41 PM
  #12
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
The Deal between the IIHF or RSL is over with the nhl, so basically i guess each and every players playing in a russian team must be worth something for its club. Theres one glitch that im not sure about though... Kastsitsyn was born in Belarus, so he's not a true russian player. I guess hes playing in russia because theres no Professional league in Belarus, but anyway, im sure this fact would make his team a little more willing to see him go for less money.

Ovechkin is also one of the best talents in the world right now so i guess its normal.


The EEHL is the pro mens league in Belarus.

montreal is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 07:36 PM
  #13
EaGLE1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
These teams develop these talents and then the NHL teams "steal" them, I don't see why they wouldn't have to cough up some dough for it.
Nobody steals Ovechkin. He want to play in NHL. WHY? It's the best hockey league in the world. But i agree that 200 000 is not enough for a player of this calibre. 1 millions for the bests and 200 000 for marginals seems fair to me.

EaGLE1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.