HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dynamo wants $2 million for Ovechkin

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Habs514

vCash: 500
Dynamo wants $2 million for Ovechkin

Moscow Dynamo told Russian newspaper Sovietsky Sport on Wednesday that the Capitals will have to pay at least $2 million in transfer fees if the team wants Ovechkin in uniform for the upcoming season.

Under the old deal, Moscow Dynamo would have got only $200,000 but since the NHL's collective transfer deal with European clubs is up for renewal they will demand insane amounts.

How much will Montreal need to pay for Andrei Kastsitsyn?

Here is the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90394

Old
07-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514
Moscow Dynamo told Russian newspaper Sovietsky Sport on Wednesday that the Capitals will have to pay at least $2 million in transfer fees if the team wants Ovechkin in uniform for the upcoming season.

Under the old deal, Moscow Dynamo would have got only $200,000 but since the NHL's collective transfer deal with European clubs is up for renewal they will demand insane amounts.

How much will Montreal need to pay for Andrei Kastsitsyn?

Here is the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=90394
I don't believe Montreal would have to pay anything more than the usual, because he was signed before this came up with the Russians.

This won't be the normal request for Russian prospects, they are probably trying to see what sort of response this gets.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
Kastsitsyn isn't signeg yet...

Old
07-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Habber

Kasty isn't signed so it's up in the air for what it will take to bring him over.

I don't think $2 mil for Ovechkin is unfair though. The Russian system groomed him and it's a huge loss to Dynamo to lose a player of his stature, especially before he really got to produce for them. $200,000 is unfair and Dynamo stands to lose a lot more than that by letting him go.

Old
07-08-2004, 08:44 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Kasty isn't signed so it's up in the air for what it will take to bring him over.

I don't think $2 mil for Ovechkin is unfair though. The Russian system groomed him and it's a huge loss to Dynamo to lose a player of his stature, especially before he really got to produce for them. $200,000 is unfair and Dynamo stands to lose a lot more than that by letting him go.
the guy didnt really produce for the dynamo this year, if i remember well

Old
07-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

2M is totally INSANE!!! With that money, the Caps could sign a pretty good UFA. And Oveshkin will ask for alot of money too so I don't know what they will do with him...

As for Kast, if we have to pat something, that wouldn't be that much for sure. He only play 11 games in the super league...

Old
07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX
the guy didnt really produce for the dynamo this year, if i remember well
I said before he got to produce.

Think of it as pure business, don't you think that Ovechkin is worth that much to Dynamo. Tehy're losing an awesome player and also some large revenues.

Old
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
These teams develop these talents and then the NHL teams "steal" them, I don't see why they wouldn't have to cough up some dough for it.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
The Deal between the IIHF or RSL is over with the nhl, so basically i guess each and every players playing in a russian team must be worth something for its club. Theres one glitch that im not sure about though... Kastsitsyn was born in Belarus, so he's not a true russian player. I guess hes playing in russia because theres no Professional league in Belarus, but anyway, im sure this fact would make his team a little more willing to see him go for less money.

Ovechkin is also one of the best talents in the world right now so i guess its normal.

Old
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
rocketlives

How much of that $2 million goes to the Russian mafia? The hockey leagues over there have probably been infiltrated like everything else in Russia.

Old
07-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
2 million Is fair for a guy of Is caliber,If It was the opposite and Russia was taking away our best player from NA, Im sure we would be asking as much money as they do

Old
07-09-2004, 01:41 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
The Deal between the IIHF or RSL is over with the nhl, so basically i guess each and every players playing in a russian team must be worth something for its club. Theres one glitch that im not sure about though... Kastsitsyn was born in Belarus, so he's not a true russian player. I guess hes playing in russia because theres no Professional league in Belarus, but anyway, im sure this fact would make his team a little more willing to see him go for less money.

Ovechkin is also one of the best talents in the world right now so i guess its normal.

The EEHL is the pro mens league in Belarus.

Old
07-09-2004, 07:36 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
These teams develop these talents and then the NHL teams "steal" them, I don't see why they wouldn't have to cough up some dough for it.
Nobody steals Ovechkin. He want to play in NHL. WHY? It's the best hockey league in the world. But i agree that 200 000 is not enough for a player of this calibre. 1 millions for the bests and 200 000 for marginals seems fair to me.

Closed Thread