HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Change Thread

Old
11-10-2008, 02:20 AM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Line Change Thread

I know it has only been two losses in a row but if we continue to see performance problems and want to shake things up I'd go for this...

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
S Kosty-Pleck-A Kosty
Lats-Lang-Kovalev
Laraque-Lapierre/Chipchura-Lapierre/Kosto

If that still doesn't work then I'd go with..

Higgins-Plecks-A Kosty (Good before)
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev (True vet hero line)
Lats-Lang-S Kosty (nice skill set, tho hasn't gelled yet)
"" - "" - ""

In my mind these are the best alternative combinations to what has been played so far this season

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Beakermania*

I'd really like to give

ATAK about 10 more games.... but i think Higgins and Lats should switch for now... the third line is a total liability speed wise and defensively with Lats and Lang together. A Kovalev Lang Lats line would be worse, cause Kovy can have a lot of giveaways trying to make plays and I see us giving up odd man rushes on those instances.

If nothing works I'd try this

Higgins Pleks Kovalev - we know that Higgins and Kovalev havent worked in the past, this is very true... but we also know that Higgins and Pleks have worked.... Does 2 offset 1 and this line works?? I'd like to try it though
Tanguay Koivu Latendresse
Sergei Lang Andrei. - lets try the bros together....

Or
Lats Pleks Kovalev
Tanguay Koivu AK46
Higgins Lang Sergei

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:32 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
My lines which guarantee an 82 win season after Carbo and Gainey fail this season cause they suck:
Laraque - Plekanec - Latendresse
Plekanec and Latendresse are grinders in NHL 06, so yeah.
Koivu - Brisebois - Dandeneault Veteran line, the experience will wreak havoc. Putting Koivu on the wing will confuse teams.
S. Kostitsyn - A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski After trading Higgins and a first to Toronto I'd set up a line like this. They'll have good chemistry cause they're from the same country so....
Begin - Tanguay - Lapierre All of them are French, therefore they will also have good chemistry. With proven scorers like Begin and Lapierre, Tanguay will flourish.
Bouwmeester - Weber I will have done what Gainey is afraid to do. I would send Chipchura, O'Byrne, Pacioretty, 2 first round picks and Halak (cause he's in every trade) to Florida for J.BO. Weber is awesome too cause he's from the same country as Streit who will e an all star forever.
Markov - Bouillon I'd keep those two only cause they played for the Habs before.
Gorges - Biron After giving J.BO a 10 million dollar contract I'll let go of Komisarek cause he's overrated anyways. Biron is Martin's brother and he was good against us in the playoffs.
Denis - Price I'll only keep Price around so he doesn't feel bad. Ever since letting in 6 goals against Toronto he's been a bust.

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:24 AM
Clumsyhab

Tanguay - Koivu - Lats (That line wasn't that bad, but now, let's put the wingers on their natural side)
Skost - Lang - Kovy (Pens line, version 2008, Skost takes Straka' spot)
Higgins - Plekanec - Akost (Our best line at the end of 06-07, try to catch them!)
TKO/Begin/Dandy - Lapierre - Laraque

All the left-handed shooter on the right side, which is their natural position. I hope Carbo tries those lines at least once sometime this season.

I wouldn't mind switching Kovy and AKost, but I'm not sure about Higgins and Kovy on the same line.

Last edited by Clumsyhab: 11-10-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
My lines which guarantee an 82 win season after Carbo and Gainey fail this season cause they suck:
Laraque - Plekanec - Latendresse
Plekanec and Latendresse are grinders in NHL 06, so yeah.
Koivu - Brisebois - Dandeneault Veteran line, the experience will wreak havoc. Putting Koivu on the wing will confuse teams.
S. Kostitsyn - A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski After trading Higgins and a first to Toronto I'd set up a line like this. They'll have good chemistry cause they're from the same country so....
Begin - Tanguay - Lapierre All of them are French, therefore they will also have good chemistry. With proven scorers like Begin and Lapierre, Tanguay will flourish.
Bouwmeester - Weber I will have done what Gainey is afraid to do. I would send Chipchura, O'Byrne, Pacioretty, 2 first round picks and Halak (cause he's in every trade) to Florida for J.BO. Weber is awesome too cause he's from the same country as Streit who will e an all star forever.
Markov - Bouillon I'd keep those two only cause they played for the Habs before.
Gorges - Biron After giving J.BO a 10 million dollar contract I'll let go of Komisarek cause he's overrated anyways. Biron is Martin's brother and he was good against us in the playoffs.
Denis - Price I'll only keep Price around so he doesn't feel bad. Ever since letting in 6 goals against Toronto he's been a bust.
Good job. If these don't work, might as well just move the team to Hamilton.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 07:36 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'd really like to give

ATAK about 10 more games.... but i think Higgins and Lats should switch for now... the third line is a total liability speed wise and defensively with Lats and Lang together. A Kovalev Lang Lats line would be worse, cause Kovy can have a lot of giveaways trying to make plays and I see us giving up odd man rushes on those instances.
Agreed. I'm not sure why they put Higgins up there in the first place, Lats was doing a good job. I think they should switch them back and not worry about Kovy's line - they will get it.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
couz

There's one line I loved at the end of 06-07 season....Pleks,AKos,Higgins.

They were great, fast,skilled and hard working.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 08:10 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
I know it has only been two losses in a row but if we continue to see performance problems and want to shake things up I'd go for this...

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
S Kosty-Pleck-A Kosty
Lats-Lang-Kovalev
Laraque-Lapierre/Chipchura-Lapierre/Kosto

If that still doesn't work then I'd go with..

Higgins-Plecks-A Kosty (Good before)
Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev (True vet hero line)
Lats-Lang-S Kosty (nice skill set, tho hasn't gelled yet)
"" - "" - ""

In my mind these are the best alternative combinations to what has been played so far this season
I really like that first option! ... it has real possibilty

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Kebekoi

The following would work if based on natural positions:

Scoring1: Higgins Plekanec Kovalev (Higgins to get his nose dirty, not too far from ATAK)
Scoring2: Tanguay Koivu Latendresse (Lats only fitting place, the wingers on their good side)
Scoring3: Sergei Lang Andrei (Taking off A.Kost from Kovy, brothers united)
Checking: ScrubA Lapierre ScrubB (The leftovers)

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
The following would work if based on natural positions:

Scoring1: Higgins Plekanec Kovalev (Higgins to get his nose dirty, not too far from ATAK)
Scoring2: Tanguay Koivu Latendresse (Lats only fitting place, the wingers on their good side)
Scoring3: Sergei Lang Andrei (Taking off A.Kost from Kovy, brothers united)
Checking: ScrubA Lapierre ScrubB (The leftovers)
To be fair, I consider Lapierre more of a scrub than any other 4th liners on our team right now. Dandy included.

Too bad I don't see Lang geling with the Kost bros, but nice try. Same for Higgy with Kovy.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:27 AM
la25ecoupe

Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lang - S.Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Kostopoulos/Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Georges
Bouillon - Weber

Price - Denis/(Halak)

What say you?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Ross MacLochness

The Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev line needs to start forechecking for the love of god. 3 skilled, fast, strong on the puck guys like these 3 should be forechecking vigorously to get the puck back and make plays. Instead I'm always seeing Kostitsyn and Kovalev standing still at the boards on the bluelines, giving the other team free access out of their zone. This line is useless when they don't have the puck on one of their sticks.

There were times in the Leaf game where they dumped the puck in and I thought they had gone for a change, there was literally no pressure. Then the Leafs defencemen gingerly skates the puck out of his zone and there the 3 of them are standing around the red line. What in the ****? Skate! Cause turnovers like last year, don't just stand there thinking their going to give you the puck.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
To be fair, I consider Lapierre more of a scrub than any other 4th liners on our team right now. Dandy included.

Too bad I don't see Lang geling with the Kost bros, but nice try. Same for Higgy with Kovy.
My first idea was to name the 4th line the Scrubs line, but Lapierre is the lone center of that line, so...

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Georges
Bouillon - Weber

Price - Denis/(Halak)

What say you?
1st line: Not enough pucks on the ice for the first line as all of them like to control the play.

2. Love it.

3. It has already been proven that they are too slow together.

Defense:

1st: Love it.

2nd: Would be a solid pair.

3rd: Would get killed in their own zone.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kyle Chipchura should be called up. Our team needs to play TEAM DEFENSE.

so..

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Kost-Lang-Kost
Laraque-Chipchura-Lapierre

Komi-Markov
Hamrlik-Emelin (I wish) O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges

Overall I think Carbo has to make this team skate their ***** off. Our defenseman are not in good position right now and must make better passes.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Kyle Chipchura should be called up. Our team needs to play TEAM DEFENSE.

so..

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Latendresse-Plekanec-Kovalev
Kost-Lang-Kost
Laraque-Chipchura-Lapierre

Komi-Markov
Hamrlik-Emelin (I wish) O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges

Overall I think Carbo has to make this team skate their ***** off. Our defenseman are not in good position right now and must make better passes.
With Chipchura we would have 15 forwards + 7 defenseman and 2 goalies which gives us 24 players. We are only allowed to carry 23.

Somebody has to be dropped, do you have any suggestions?

Old
11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
gillyguzzler

I remember Big George as being a bit faster and bit more skilled than he is presently. He seems to lose many one on one corner battles and is horrific with the puck. I was happy when they signed him. I'm not so sure anymore.

Therefore, my 4th line would be Begin, Laps and Kosto. At least Begin hits and can play the PK. I know, he gets stupid penalties but...

If we're playing Philly or Boston, for sure BGL is in. But if we're playing TO, Begin should be in.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

I dont think Begin should be waived or sent away. I feel he is an important player. On the other hand Dandenault is useless. He has speed and size. Both of which he doesnt use amazingly; and he also does not do anything offensively when on the ice. I dont think anyone would want him, but I am sure Gainey is looking to add by subtraction.

I could see a couple of minor deals being made soon which will open the door for Chipchura or one of D'ago and Pac Man.

The key here is we have to trust in our coaching staff and management. The game against the Leafs was chippy and maybe a little dirty. I know for a fact that Bob Gainey is amongst the most integrous men in the NHL. He will not stand for this and our team does not play like that.

To me our team is not playing like their identity is. Our identity is a puck possession team which makes crisp tape to tape passes, quickly and smartly. Right now I see guys confused on the ice and defensemen who are not making the simple play. I say we play O'byrne and let him gain some confidence. The Kostitsyn brothers MUST start taking over games; we know they can.

Anyways, try and rid of Dandy (which I believe has been tried) call up captain Kyle and play Ryan O'byrne.

Old
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
gillyguzzler

Never mind salary cap issues or contracts, which 4th line would you prefer to be playing right now :

Kosto-Laps-BGL or Paccioretty-Maxwell-Dagostino ??

Old
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I remember Big George as being a bit faster and bit more skilled than he is presently. He seems to lose many one on one corner battles and is horrific with the puck. I was happy when they signed him. I'm not so sure anymore.

Therefore, my 4th line would be Begin, Laps and Kosto. At least Begin hits and can play the PK. I know, he gets stupid penalties but...

If we're playing Philly or Boston, for sure BGL is in. But if we're playing TO, Begin should be in.
I would give BGL a bit more time as I think he's still overcoming the groin problems he had during the pre-season.

Old
11-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Laraque is going to be critical down low and for grinding out energy lines.

Old
11-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Never mind salary cap issues or contracts, which 4th line would you prefer to be playing right now :

Kosto-Laps-BGL or Paccioretty-Maxwell-Dagostino ??
I don't want any of those 3 young kids coming up and playing on our 4th line. Let them stay in Hamilton and continue to play big minutes.

Old
11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I would give BGL a bit more time as I think he's still overcoming the groin problems he had during the pre-season.

I've heard that excuse before (actually from himself in interviews) but we had many preseason injuries and they came out flying. Maybe his groin problem was more severe although not as severe as Higgins'.

Old
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Georges
Bouillon - Weber

Price - Denis/(Halak)

What say you?

First Ill say its Gorges not Georges
2nd Chipchura??
so we have too much player
You sent Obyrne for Weber I guess

And Denis instead of Halak

Ill add that your problably a frenchy
what say you?

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I've heard that excuse before (actually from himself in interviews) but we had many preseason injuries and they came out flying. Maybe his groin problem was more severe although not as severe as Higgins'.
I'm not saying it as an excuse. But groin problems are probably the worst injury you can have while playing hockey. They are very hard to heal and don't take much to re-aggravate them. Plus BGL is not a small man, so his added weight only increases the problem.