HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Hockey Cards and other collectibles

Old
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Wow 80 different Chipchura cards. Things have really changed since I was a kid collecting hockey cards.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Wow 80 different Chipchura cards. Things have really changed since I was a kid collecting hockey cards.

You bet. I didn't have a complete idea of what was involved when we started. The 80 also doesn't include the 1 of 1's and print plates.

Upper Deck has pushed an awful lot of product out there and the general sense is too much of it is the same, with very little of it holding any actual value.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
You bet. I didn't have a complete idea of what was involved when we started. The 80 also doesn't include the 1 of 1's and print plates.

Upper Deck has pushed an awful lot of product out there and the general sense is too much of it is the same, with very little of it holding any actual value.
That is just incredible, personally for me I still have my hockey cards from when I was a kid in the 70's/80's. It was so much easier to collect all the cards from a certain player. Much cheaper too I might add.

So I can imagine how much the value of these cards have dropped considering the competition from many different hockey card companies.

Old
11-10-2008, 01:49 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That is just incredible, personally for me I still have my hockey cards from when I was a kid in the 70's/80's. It was so much easier to collect all the cards from a certain player. Much cheaper too I might add.

So I can imagine how much the value of these cards have dropped considering the competition from many different hockey card companies.

There's no competition, Upper Deck has the only license for current NHL players. While a lot of the product is nice, collectors are basically stuck with whatever UD wants to produce, if they want to collect current players.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
There's no competition, Upper Deck has the only license for current NHL players. While a lot of the product is nice, collectors are basically stuck with whatever UD wants to produce, if they want to collect current players.
Oh I didn't know that, I've seen so many different types of hockey cards. That I just assumed that there were several different hockey care companies.

Now a days I mostly collect framed pictures and other signed items.