HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price bashing !!!

Old
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM
JTWymanFan*

vCash: 500
Price bashing !!!

No, it's not what you think. I mean it literally, he seems to be always pushed,poked, shoved and no one on this team does anything about it. Does Carey have to start playing a la B. Smith and taking care of it himself, or should guys like Komi and Bouillon start protecting the goaler a little more ?

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
No, it's not what you think. I mean it literally, he seems to be always pushed,poked, shoved and no one on this team does anything about it. Does Carey have to start playing a la B. Smith and taking care of it himself, or should guys like Komi and Bouillon start protecting the goaler a little more ?
I disagree that no one does anything about it. 99% of the time Price gets run at, there is quite a crowd of habs charging after said player. Taking stupid penalties is not a good idea mind you, and would play right into the oppositions hands.

I think teams are running at Price thinking that is the best way to get a young goalie off his game.

11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
He doesn't get abused more than most goalies.. aside from the Grabovski thing, which probably had very little to do with Price himself.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Fire Brunet*

No one has f'd with him until the Toronto game

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Mustafa*

I think that both Koivu and SKost punished him for what he did.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:58 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
No one has f'd with him until the Toronto game
Thats not true Carolina was all over him, so were the Yotes and the Ducks were all over both Halak and Price.

Old
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Benzaza

All D-men jump the guy ....by memory most forwards too

although i find higgins too nonchalant around the net when price is being *****..same thing applies to pleks by memory

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
smon

They're just trying to throw him off his game. Best that he get used to it, because it happens to just about every goaltender in the NHL. In fact, the better you are, the more you get run. Ask Brodeur about a certain Sean Avery.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

If Price was being run and no penalties were being called I'd be upset but since the Habs are going to punish you most of the time while on the PP I don't see a need for Komisarek to jump in and fight Grabovski

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
They're just trying to throw him off his game. Best that he get used to it, because it happens to just about every goaltender in the NHL. In fact, the better you are, the more you get run. Ask Brodeur about a certain Sean Avery.
Totally agree and other teams know that a good way to put Price off his game (as 90% of goalies) is to crash the net and abuse of his crease...Philly did it last year and that is how playoff hockey is mostly played.

I really wish the Habs can start building character and attitude as a team and not just to see Komi,Hammer and Bouillon have the attitude edge (there are others but I am mentionning the D-men)

Finish 1st or 8th , it does not matter as when playoff comes, scratch your regular season record and get ready for gritty hockey to take over with a hint of kovy style hockey. As long as the Habs get better as a team and build a real team toughness attitude and philosophy, that will add on to their talent. Having a team toughness philosophy with a puck possesion/Offensive style game is important for the future also as any player joining the team will have to conform to the system in my opinion

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
it nice to see that kind of post from a leaf fan... it seems that a lot of posters on your board disagree strongly with you ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Yes he is getting run lots, but like Carbo said he'd better get used to it. Absolutely true.

I'd prefer his team was a little more nasty about it and would retaliate by running the opposition goalie, however I'm 100% sure Carbo has told them not to take penalties doing that.

For sure Price will have to learn to handle these guys himself in the time-honoured way of all goalies, by hacking the crap out of repeat offenders.

As a side note, I wouldn't want to be in Grabovski's shoes. He obviously has forgotten 2 things:

1. The "Leaks" will still miss the playoffs.
2. He's gonna have to play Montreal about 50-70 more times... and he's no Lucic.

EDIT: Carolina & Philly are notorious goalie-running teams, esp. the 'Canes - we should be responding in kind against it.

Last edited by Lord Horse: 11-10-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
it nice to see that kind of post from a leaf fan... it seems that a lot of posters on your board disagree strongly with you ...
I don;t think he is a leafs fan. Though he definitely needs to get rid of that maple leaf out of his avatar!(even though its just poking fun at them, it gotta go).

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
RC51

darn, where is Val-en-tank-co when you need him

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:15 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quick sort of off-topic question: Does anybody know if any reporter asked Koivu after the game exactly what he told Grabovski during their little encounter in the corner? Anyone heard of any reaction from the players about the Grabovski situation in general? I missed most of the articles from the day after, thanks.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
Quick sort of off-topic question: Does anybody know if any reporter asked Koivu after the game exactly what he told Grabovski during their little encounter in the corner? Anyone heard of any reaction from the players about the Grabovski situation in general? I missed most of the articles from the day after, thanks.

He said it was pertinent information that he would use in the future, he actually said that the only player he respected in MTL was Saks, and that he did not have a liking for anybody else in the room.

Old
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
The n00b King ©*

Oh man, it would be pretty weird to see him two hand slash someone in the back of the leg.

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote