HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to call up Chipchura?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
  #26
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Plek needs to stay with Kovalev... Let Lang centre the Kosti brothers...

Do you want a Lats-Lang-Kovalev line.... its too slow...
It's not that bad an idea. Kovy would be the fastest guy on the line. This way, he could do his thing, hold onto the puck too long, turn it over and the other two on the line are still behind him, in position to deal with the oncoming attack. With Andrei and Pleks, they are waiting for him to catch up so when he turns the puck over, everyone has to sprint back.



Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:16 PM
  #27
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
The only fact Lapierre gets scoring chances is a bonus... He's not the one who has to put the pucks in the net...
i know you right, it says on his contract;
"in the event of getting a good scoring chance, scoring a goal is not allowed"
it makes sense

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM
  #28
Stewart JH Esq MBE
 
Stewart JH Esq MBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cameroon
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Plek needs to stay with Kovalev... Let Lang centre the Kosti brothers...

Do you want a Lats-Lang-Kovalev line.... its too slow...

We already know Higgins can't play with Kovalev.
Why would change last season's best line after a handful of games?

Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:30 PM
  #29
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
When the guy plays 12-14 mins per game I would expect him to score. Getting scoring chances isn't enough, you need someone who can finish.

It's great and all that Lapierre gives it his 100% but he can't put **** in the net (or pass for that matter). He's nothing special defensively either. Latendresse isn't doing much either.

Now I know that we shouldn't be depending on these 2 to win games, but they are two guys who haven't proven that they deserve a spot in the lineup... I see no reason why we shouldn't waive Dandy and Begin in favour of Chipchura and/or D'agostini.

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev
Latendresse - Koivu - Tanguay
Kost - Lang - Kost
Lapierre/Laraque - Chipchura - Kostopolous

Hopefully we see it one day...
Well the problem is not really that Lapierre should or shouldn't score it's because he has too many icetime and I agree with you. 4th line should play below the 8 min margin

Has for his defensive attribute, Lapierre brings a very good forecheck and good speed. I have to admit thought that Chips got a better hockey sense and better hands. But he doesn't have the grit and the speed of Lapierre

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
  #30
GaineysRightHandMan
Registered User
 
GaineysRightHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Do you want a Lats-Lang-Kovalev line.... its too slow...

We already know Higgins can't play with Kovalev.
Beaker, I respect what you say on here - you make a lot of sense. 10 minutes after I read this statement though, I realized a fault in this statement. Kovalev possess the puck most of the time and slows down the play. You don't need speedy players on a line with Kovalev. This is the reason why higgins can't play with him. Lats, Lang, Kovalev line is perfect because it would give Lats a chance to snipe any garbage around the net and as I said in a post a couple of days ago, I wouldn't want Lats or Lang to carry the puck up the ice on any line and we don't have to worry about this on this line.
I'm convince more than ever:
Higgins - koivu- Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kovalev
S Kost - Plex - A Kost.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:49 PM
  #31
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,848
vCash: 500
No need to hit the red button just yet. If we lose a couple more games change some lines around. if it gets out of hand then maybe a move is in order. No need to over-react at this stage in the game.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
  #32
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
Beaker, I respect what you say on here - you make a lot of sense. 10 minutes after I read this statement though, I realized a fault in this statement. Kovalev possess the puck most of the time and slows down the play. You don't need speedy players on a line with Kovalev. This is the reason why higgins can't play with him. Lats, Lang, Kovalev line is perfect because it would give Lats a chance to snipe any garbage around the net and as I said in a post a couple of days ago, I wouldn't want Lats or Lang to carry the puck up the ice on any line and we don't have to worry about this on this line.
I'm convince more than ever:
Higgins - koivu- Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kovalev
S Kost - Plex - A Kost.
Ah... its all fine and dandy in the offensive end of the ice.... but what about when kovalev has a turnover as he is sometimes bound to do.... Well with all three forwards being slow, you can end up with 3 on 2s and 4 on 2s against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibzeo View Post
Why would change last season's best line after a handful of games?
I don't want to change it... i was responding to those who do. And pointing out what happens on the other two lines if the brothers and plekanec are all put toghether.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
  #33
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
If the Habs keep playing this way, there will definitely be callups.

The short list:

upfront....

D'ago - is tearing it up, and chompin at the bit to get a chance on the big club.

Chipp's - is still our most complete guy in Hamilton and should get a chance soon if things don't improve on the big club.

Paccioretty - is starting to show some consistency, and is looking at home. He still needs some time in Hamilton but may earn a callup by seasons end or sooner.

Maxwell - I am very impressed with Maxwell. He is also playing very consistently for a rookie in the AHL. He could very well do a good job on the big club by seasons end. He has the tools and smarts to be a good offensive Center.

Stewart, Desharnais etc....lots of guys down there..


On D we got...

Henry - seriously could get a call, i am impressed with his play/size/toughness. Maybe him and O'byrne could trade places for a couple games. O'byrne may just need a wake up call to get his head straight again.

Weber - is playing good and is a plus 2, he doesn't have the most size but he is holding his own. He may be a better option than Brisebois at some point this season.

Carle - well he hasn't played a whole lot this season(7games), but he is in a point in his development where he should show signs of being ready for NHL duty. He has shown flashes, hope he can show some consistency and earn a callup. So far he is off to a good start.


Belle - Read below(Anderson). All though Belle is a plus 8 and might impress in a callup if Carbo wants to shake up O'byrne with a temporary demotion.


Anderson - Sometimes he looks great, and sometimes not. He has the potential to be a good defensive guy.


Point is, we have options to explore if we want to shake things up. It doesn't have to be a trade, a callup could be the answer. There will still be time for a trade if we can't solve our problems internally.

I have no problem with the coaching staff trying some stuff at this point. The Canadiens have a nice record so far but have accomplished this by not playing 60 mins. There are too many passengers right now. The team needs a shake up. I can't accept the week long layoffs as the reason for our teams play.

So far I see Lapierre playing out of position( he should be an NHL winger on a 4th line and would be most usefull there. Brisebois is not the answer as a 4th guy. O'byrne is not doing it either. I have stressed patience with him but after 20 games i will have little for him if he doesn't start to improve. I'm sure in the long run he will come around but in the present he can not be relied on as a 4th guy. The kost bros need to play together, and everyone knows it, even carbo. Its just that he doesn't want to change his top line. Well I'm sure that sentiment won't last at this pace. If A. Kost can't get hot on that line soon, i see carbo putting the bros together. Lats is suffering from all the movement and some bad habits of his. I just hate to see a guy taking his sweet time getting back to the bench on a line change.( I swear one of my biggest pet peeves). Our biggest problem in my eyes is our forward lines. If they were all utilized properly, it would help us at both ends of the ice. S. Kost has definate chemistry with his brother, and plays way better when played with him.


Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Pleks - Kovalev
S. Kost - Lang - A. Kost
Begin -Lapierre - Laraque/dandeneault
as Kostopoulos is probably suspended for a bit.

By seasons end or sooner i want to see

Lapierre Chipchura Kostopoulos/Laraque on the 4th......


On D as long as Hammer is injured, we may need to call up someone.

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Weber/Carle/O'byrne/Henry/Belle
Bouillon - Gorges


Sure a 4th Defenceman acqusition at the deadline will probably happen but we have options for now as long as Hammer is not injured long. It's up to O'byrne, he is in the drivers seat there. He can be the 4th guy if he earns it. He has the tools. Can he be ready by the deadline or sooner? Hope so.

If Carbo can get the lines right, and the 4th defence spot can solidify itself this team should steamroll the opposition the rest of the way. This team is way underachieving. I just hope some guys get a chance before a trade is made if it happens.


Last edited by Toro: 11-10-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:40 AM
  #34
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
I think the reason we did so well last year was the constant threat of some of the Hamilton guys cracking the lineup. This kept options available and seemed to push everyone to their next level. The flexibility in the top 3 lines just isnt there this year and you can tell the effort isnt always there.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:09 AM
  #35
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
If the Habs keep playing this way, there will definitely be callups.

The short list:

upfront....

D'ago - is tearing it up, and chompin at the bit to get a chance on the big club.

Chipp's - is still our most complete guy in Hamilton and should get a chance soon if things don't improve on the big club.

Paccioretty - is starting to show some consistency, and is looking at home. He still needs some time in Hamilton but may earn a callup by seasons end or sooner.

Maxwell - I am very impressed with Maxwell. He is also playing very consistently for a rookie in the AHL. He could very well do a good job on the big club by seasons end. He has the tools and smarts to be a good offensive Center.

Stewart, Desharnais etc....lots of guys down there..


On D we got...

Henry - seriously could get a call, i am impressed with his play/size/toughness. Maybe him and O'byrne could trade places for a couple games. O'byrne may just need a wake up call to get his head straight again.

Weber - is playing good and is a plus 2, he doesn't have the most size but he is holding his own. He may be a better option than Brisebois at some point this season.

Carle - well he hasn't played a whole lot this season(7games), but he is in a point in his development where he should show signs of being ready for NHL duty. He has shown flashes, hope he can show some consistency and earn a callup. So far he is off to a good start.


Belle - Read below(Anderson). All though Belle is a plus 8 and might impress in a callup if Carbo wants to shake up O'byrne with a temporary demotion.


Anderson - Sometimes he looks great, and sometimes not. He has the potential to be a good defensive guy.


Point is, we have options to explore if we want to shake things up. It doesn't have to be a trade, a callup could be the answer. There will still be time for a trade if we can't solve our problems internally.

I have no problem with the coaching staff trying some stuff at this point. The Canadiens have a nice record so far but have accomplished this by not playing 60 mins. There are too many passengers right now. The team needs a shake up. I can't accept the week long layoffs as the reason for our teams play.

So far I see Lapierre playing out of position( he should be an NHL winger on a 4th line and would be most usefull there. Brisebois is not the answer as a 4th guy. O'byrne is not doing it either. I have stressed patience with him but after 20 games i will have little for him if he doesn't start to improve. I'm sure in the long run he will come around but in the present he can not be relied on as a 4th guy. The kost bros need to play together, and everyone knows it, even carbo. Its just that he doesn't want to change his top line. Well I'm sure that sentiment won't last at this pace. If A. Kost can't get hot on that line soon, i see carbo putting the bros together. Lats is suffering from all the movement and some bad habits of his. I just hate to see a guy taking his sweet time getting back to the bench on a line change.( I swear one of my biggest pet peeves). Our biggest problem in my eyes is our forward lines. If they were all utilized properly, it would help us at both ends of the ice. S. Kost has definate chemistry with his brother, and plays way better when played with him.


Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Pleks - Kovalev
S. Kost - Lang - A. Kost
Begin -Lapierre - Laraque/dandeneault
as Kostopoulos is probably suspended for a bit.

By seasons end or sooner i want to see

Lapierre Chipchura Kostopoulos/Laraque on the 4th......


On D as long as Hammer is injured, we may need to call up someone.

Markov - Komisarek
Hammer - Weber/Carle/O'byrne/Henry/Belle
Bouillon - Gorges


Sure a 4th Defenceman acqusition at the deadline will probably happen but we have options for now as long as Hammer is not injured long. It's up to O'byrne, he is in the drivers seat there. He can be the 4th guy if he earns it. He has the tools. Can he be ready by the deadline or sooner? Hope so.

If Carbo can get the lines right, and the 4th defence spot can solidify itself this team should steamroll the opposition the rest of the way. This team is way underachieving. I just hope some guys get a chance before a trade is made if it happens.
We need Weber, Brisebois is too much of a liability and costs us points and games, big O'Byrne needs a shake up.

WEBER

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
  #36
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,727
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
We need Weber, Brisebois is too much of a liability and costs us points and games, big O'Byrne needs a shake up.

WEBER
Personally from what I've seen of him, I don't think he's quite ready to make the jump just yet. I think he would get torched if he's thrown into our line up now.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
  #37
AllCanadienFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
If the Habs keep playing this way, there will definitely be callups.

The short list:

upfront....

D'ago - is tearing it up, and chompin at the bit to get a chance on the big club.

Chipp's - is still our most complete guy in Hamilton and should get a chance soon if things don't improve on the big club.

Paccioretty - is starting to show some consistency, and is looking at home. He still needs some time in Hamilton but may earn a callup by seasons end or sooner.

Maxwell - I am very impressed with Maxwell. He is also playing very consistently for a rookie in the AHL. He could very well do a good job on the big club by seasons end. He has the tools and smarts to be a good offensive Center.

Stewart, Desharnais etc....lots of guys down there..


On D we got...

Henry - seriously could get a call, i am impressed with his play/size/toughness. Maybe him and O'byrne could trade places for a couple games. O'byrne may just need a wake up call to get his head straight again.

Weber - is playing good and is a plus 2, he doesn't have the most size but he is holding his own. He may be a better option than Brisebois at some point this season.

Carle - well he hasn't played a whole lot this season(7games), but he is in a point in his development where he should show signs of being ready for NHL duty. He has shown flashes, hope he can show some consistency and earn a callup. So far he is off to a good start.


Belle - Read below(Anderson). All though Belle is a plus 8 and might impress in a callup if Carbo wants to shake up O'byrne with a temporary demotion.


Anderson - Sometimes he looks great, and sometimes not. He has the potential to be a good defensive guy.


Point is, we have options to explore if we want to shake things up. It doesn't have to be a trade, a callup could be the answer. There will still be time for a trade if we can't solve our problems internally.

.
Good summary of where the Bulldog players are. Personally I don't understand Chipchura being in Hamilton. He is a complete palyer, sees the ice well, good anticipation, great work ethic and can score some goals for you. Reminds me of a younger Mike Peca. He has nothing to learn in Hamilton this year. I'm sure Carbo and Jarvis could help him on face offs. Given the chance he will immediately be better than Laps, Begin or Dandy (when he's a forward).
As for the defense Henry would be a good choice if needed. He's played well mostly going against the other team's big lines. He works hard and he is as tough as a bag of nails. I've seen all the home games so far and no one is running the Bulldog's goalies. I agree with you comments on the rest of the D, some really great potential but they all need a little more time regardless of what the stats show.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:19 PM
  #38
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
What is Gainey thinking?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:29 PM
  #39
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
What is Gainey thinking?
Of course Gainey doesn't think... He would be unable to manage a Pee-Wee team...


CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:39 PM
  #40
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
What is Gainey thinking?
what's for lunch, maybe?

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
  #41
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
what's for lunch, maybe?
he never think of that; it is always st-Hubert!

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
  #42
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
The only reason why Chip isn't up is because there is no room for him at all - we have five legitimate guys on the 4th line and three 40-60 points guys on the third line-. I dont think that there is one fan (actualy there is one) or a memeber of the managing/coaching staff that still thinks that it's not a waste to keep Chip in the minors at this point. There is just no option right now.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
  #43
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
The only reason why Chip isn't up is because there is no room for him at all - we have five legitimate guys on the 4th line and three 40-60 points guys on the third line-. I dont think that there is one fan (actualy there is one) or a memeber of the managing/coaching staff that still thinks that it's not a waste to keep Chip in the minors at this point. There is just no option right now.
If Carbo is going to keep playing the 4th line for 10-12 minutes, we need them to have offensive capabilities.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:35 PM
  #44
Plekanetzz
Registered User
 
Plekanetzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saguenay, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If Carbo is going to keep playing the 4th line for 10-12 minutes, we need them to have offensive capabilities.
This is the real debate

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
  #45
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
I wonder what kind of notes Gainey is taking in the press box.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
  #46
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
At this point, i dont see him bringing anything different or needed. Plus, where would he play? We need to be better in our own end, up front we're fine.
He could remove a very ineffective Lapierre from the line up.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:16 PM
  #47
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I wonder what kind of notes Gainey is taking in the press box.
He is ordering his catering...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 06:33 PM
  #48
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
With Kostopoulos only out 3 games, I doubt there is a callup.

Begin, Laraque and Dandeneault will most likely split the games with Lapierre centering the line till Kostopoulos is back.

Also Hammer is back vs Ottawa. Hope the 60 minute meeting helped, cause Ottawa and particularly Spezza are in the same boat except they are lower in the standings.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
  #49
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I wonder what kind of notes Gainey is taking in the press box.
Lol I was saying the same thing to some of my buddies.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
  #50
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,452
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Lol I was saying the same thing to some of my buddies.
I think he just draws angry smiley faces on the paper.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.