HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Micheal Grabovsky... cheapshot artist

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post

Holy over-reaction by fellow Hab fans Batman!
It's official, you've never played the game, a butt end in any league i've played in, you get a world class ass beating and a hole bunch of guys who won't have respect for you, never. It's a classless, gutless move that imo desirves a suspension. It's too late now, ijust hope that one iof komisarek, O'Byrne or Kosto make him pay the next game we play againts the Leafs

Old
11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
C'mon, come clean, you at least blushed when you typed this didn't you ? A lot of crap happened Saturday but don't start defending a little puke butt-ending, it makes you look like someone watching his first game.
mcphee, don't try with Nitso...it's useless.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:47 PM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Uhoh! Grabovski has no class! Classless! Everything and everyone in Toronto is classless because Grabovski smacked Price with his stick! It's a severe case of homerism
I guarantee that if Michael Frolik had done the exact same thing to Tobias Stephan nobody here would have argued for a suspension like they are. Most people probably wouldn't have even seen the play!

Old
11-10-2008, 06:50 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
mcphee, don't try with Nitso...it's useless.
Hell, I don't care, you can't make stupid smart, just wanted to have my say, I'm cranky tonight.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Mikalyx

I just hope we keep our heads clear next game against the Leafs. We don't want to play into his game, but i would love to see him get it hard!

Old
11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
ive been waiting to see that video for myself since i heard about it the other day. its not as bad as i thought it was going to be, but if anybody did that to thomas id be calling for thornton to give him a beating as well.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Uhoh! Grabovski has no class! Classless! Everything and everyone in Toronto is classless because Grabovski smacked Price with his stick! It's a severe case of homerism
I guarantee that if Michael Frolik had done the exact same thing to Tobias Stephan nobody here would have argued for a suspension like they are. Most people probably wouldn't have even seen the play!
Its funny that you are the first one in this thread that is saying everyone in Toronto is classless.

In this thread, the only guy that is classless is Grabovksi. What he did was classless, he took a full swing at Price with the butt end. It was clearly intentional and usually, you give a butt end because you expect people dont see it. It was a coward move.

Oh yeah, and the Leafs board is that way -->

Old
11-10-2008, 06:53 PM
mcphee

Quote:
You don't really understand this at all do you ? There are things that if you do them, they define you. TK was suspended for a dangerous hit. I doubt anyone thinks that he did anything maliciuous, moreso reckless. Butt-ending is kind of like spitting on someone. When you do that kind of crap, it becomes defining.

It has nothing to do with anyone in Toronto, or anyone else. This guy butt ended a goalie and that's a chicken**** play. The whole world knows that. Now they know that Grabovski's a guy who does this.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
You don't really understand this at all do you ? There are things that if you do them, they define you. TK was suspended for a dangerous hit. I doubt anyone thinks that he did anything maliciuous, moreso reckless. Butt-ending is kind of like spitting on someone. When you do that kind of crap, it becomes defining.

It has nothing to do with anyone in Toronto, or anyone else. This guy butt ended a goalie and that's a chicken**** play. The whole world knows that. Now they know that Grabovski's a guy who does this.
There are some days that you need wise people to do the talking for you, the results come out better , thank you

Old
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

OMG that little **** is so dead next game

Old
11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
There are some days that you need wise people to do the talking for you, the results come out better , thank you
mcphee told him the gentleman's way, I was just ticked off and went all out lol.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
speed11

Quote:
Hell, I don't care, you can't make stupid smart, just wanted to have my say, I'm cranky tonight.
*gives mchpee a CC cookie*

Old
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
One little poke of the stick which apparently Price didn't even feel turns Grabovski into a cheapshot artist? How's that for exaggeration!
Lets call a spade a spade, it was a dirty play by Grabovski.

Old
11-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
mcphee told him the gentleman's way, I was just ticked off and went all out lol.
I was talking about myself, but hey your free to join the club if you want too

Old
11-10-2008, 07:01 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
Does this look like the face of a dirty player?

Old
Jakomyte

Gotta give it to those Belarussians... they sure know how to bring new life to the Toronto - Montreal rivalry... I just wish we didn't have to wait until January 8th to see the next chapter.

Old
mcphee

Quote:
I heard something about some quotes he gave ? Watch the board erupt when they all come out. Ahh, as Dylan said

things are about to get interesting
right about now

Old
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
I heard something about some quotes he gave ? Watch the board erupt when they all come out. Ahh, as Dylan said

things are about to get interesting
right about now
Yeah, he basically got asked if he had any friends on Montreal. The response? "No".

Old
11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Geez, Harry, I didn't think I was that nice, I didn't mean to be.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It's official, you've never played the game, a butt end in any league i've played in, you get a world class ass beating and a hole bunch of guys who won't have respect for you, never.
agreed. but i wouldn't have put it past the gutless little puke. let him try again next game, sergei will be more than happy to put him in his place this time.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
It was a cheap move, for which I hope Grabs will pay for but its not close to what Commodore tried to do. He could have put Kosts career and even life in geopardy. Thats whats wrong with this league, they completely turned a blind eye to it because there was no injury.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Yeah, he basically got asked if he had any friends on Montreal. The response? "No".
I heard something right before McGuire's segment where he said Koivu was the only one on the team he had any respect for ? Does that jibe with what you heard ? McGuire laughed, and mentionned some of the people on the team, and wondered what the hell was wrong with him.

I think that some feathers got ruffled last year. I find it odd as Kovalev got involved mentoring some of the young Russian speaking players on the team and it seems that all but Grabovski were quite happy with the situation.

Somehow, I doubt that Koivu has mutual feelings right about now. I think the kid may have been ostracized after he skipped out on the team on the west coast.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
StlRams514

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You shoot someone in the head, they didn't feel it, therefore it's nothing, right?

Come here I'll get my hockey stick and butt-end you in that area, see if you like it.
Let me get my armor.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Mustafa*

You should all relaxe and read the little blog entry i just wrote regarding Grabovsky.

http://hfboards.com/blog.php?b=135

He's just a misunderstood little poet of the puck.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
StlRams514

I never said Grabovski's hit wasn't dirty, I just said people here are overreacting, which you can not deny. It was dirty, but really, it didn't have anywhere near the same effect to Price as Kostopolous' hit did to Van Ryn now did it?

Closed Thread