HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Micheal Grabovsky... cheapshot artist

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Rushin Joo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
I bet most of this board could beat up Grabovski. lol

Old
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
MastaK

I wonder if little Grabovski can keep that pace without getting injured, without creating 10 turnovers per game...and if he does, will the Leafs make the playoffs with him as a 1st line center?...it's gonna be interesting that's for sure. He has some great skills, but with the way he acts and his attitude, I don't think he'll get much respect in this league.

I think his fairytale will end sooner than later, this is the NHL

Anyways, my opinion. A bit offtopic

Old
11-10-2008, 07:17 PM
alienanton*

this is hilarious. carey price doesn't even flinch or think twice about the play but habs fans everywhere are up in arms.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:19 PM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
this is hilarious. carey price doesn't even flinch or think twice about the play but habs fans everywhere are up in arms.
I've been trying point that out but people don't see past it...

Old
11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

So what you people are saying is that Price needed to go down and lay motionless to have an imapct? The guy was stabbed with a stick, and it deserved a 5 and a game and is a very dangerous play. Get a grip.

Old
Rushin Joo

Going by your logic, Commodore trying to take out Kost with an elbow was ok because he didn't connect.

Just think about how much of an idiot you're being here.

Old
mooseOAK*

Artist might be overstatement, there was some fumbling there getting the hand in the right position for the butt end.

Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
I never said Grabovski's hit wasn't dirty, I just said people here are overreacting, which you can not deny. It was dirty, but really, it didn't have anywhere near the same effect to Price as Kostopolous' hit did to Van Ryn now did it?
thats the whole point... the NHL shouldnt penalize the result of the hit/cheapshot/ whatever... they have to see what the player actually did... was it intentional, who's at fault, accident or a blatant cheapshot?

StlRams514: by following your stupid logic, if MVR isnt injured we arent even talking about it because TK shouldnt be penalized

Old
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
AH

Butt ending = kicking

Old
11-10-2008, 07:24 PM
StlRams514

Price was not stabbed... I don't see the stick going through him.
A hit in the neutral zone has a much more devastating effect, and unfortunately, the NHL will never suspend someone for an elbow that didn't connect, because nothing happened.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Did anybody see the Dave Morissette segment on RDS tonight?

They showed a sequence where Grabovsky is trying to to screen Price and he gives him a '' 6 inch'' shot . For someone who plays the game almost as often as i do i cannot thing of a more hypocrit cheapshot, to the goalie! I think now we know why S.Kost was really gettibng pissed off at him, i hope Price told the team and someone makes Grabovsky pay dearly for what he did, we 're not known in Montreal to start fires, but i think an exception should be maid for that punk
Grabovski did absolutely nothing that is 'dirty' or that you don't see on the ice all the time. He knows full well that Carey Price is wearing a full chest protector and that his butt-end will have no physical effect on him. It's simply a response to Price leaning forward and pushing Grabovski, who has every right, within the rules to stand there.

I thought he played a fantastic game and did a great job of gaining revenge on the franchise that he feels didn't give him a fair opportunity. I'm glad to see him gone - I don't want a quitter on my team, period - but I'm not going to begrudge him a great game he played nor would I fail to give him credit for greatly elevating his game and leading his new club to a victory.

To come here and talk about "cheapshots" by Grabovski in a game where a Montreal Canadien drove a players head into the glass - intentionally - reeks of homerism, sour-grapes and ignorance, in my opinion.

Last edited by FerrisRox: 11-10-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old
11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
StlRams514

If the NHL penalized every single attempted dirty play, the number of penalties would triple, half a team would be suspended at a time (see Philadelphia). Unfortunately, you CAN'T penalize missed plays.
It's like saying "Penalty for #84 Mikael Grabovski, for attempted roughing".

I finally agree with Ferris Rox!!!!!!

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-10-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old
11-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Rushin Joo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
Price was not stabbed... I don't see the stick going through him.
A hit in the neutral zone has a much more devastating effect, and unfortunately, the NHL will never suspend someone for an elbow that didn't connect, because nothing happened.
The stick didn't go threw him, but the intent was there to hurt him, just like it was there when Comodore tried to elbow Kost. Thats why what Grabs did is suspendable. If he hit him where Price had no padding, then would you be all over him? But cause nothing happend, its ok right?.....Flawed logic.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:30 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Grabovski did absolutely nothing that is 'dirty' or that you don't see on the ice all the time.

I thought he played a fantastic game and did a great job of gaining revenge on the franchise that he feels didn't give him a fair opportunity. I'm glad to see him gone - I don't want a quitter on my team, period - but I'm not going to begrudge him a great game he played nor would I fail to give him credit for greatly elevating his game and leading his new club to a victory.

To come here and talk about "cheapshots" by Grabovski in a game where a Montreal Canadien drove a players head into the glass - intentionally - reeks of homerism, sour-grapes and ignorance, in my opinion.
I actually spewed milk out my nose laughing at this ignorant comment !!!
Not saying you ARE ignorant but i am saying the comment is.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Do we often disagree?

Old
11-10-2008, 07:32 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I've been trying point that out but people don't see past it...
What are you , some keeper of the truth ? It's a thread about a little punk move. We should see past it because you recommend it ? It's not rocket science, butt ending is dirty.

Grabovski has some issues because he didn't make it here, so now he's got something to say.

Funny, ehh, he didn't say much after the first game.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
If the NHL penalized every single attempted dirty play, the number of penalties would triple, half a team would be suspended at a time (see Philadelphia). Unfortunately, you CAN'T penalize missed plays.
It's like saying "Penalty for #84 Mikael Grabovski, for attempted roughing".
how about attempting to injure? It's not like it was a move that could of been avoided, his point was to injure, witch is in a way, much worst then what Kostopoulos did cause he was just finishing his check on someone who knew he was coming, but you know what, he still got 3 games.

Quote:
He still thinks we're getting Hossa, it doesn't count

Old
11-10-2008, 07:33 PM
jmiller010

Bruins fans here...and honestly, guys, I respect you so much for your passion for hockey...you are probably the biggest and greatest fanbase in all on the NHL (Toronto may be the only one in close competition), but it's seriously more than past time to learn to show a decent amount of respect...while some Habs fans are fully admitting Kostopolous' cheapshot, there are others who want to completely pull the attention from that onto something so ridiculously minor...as others said, Price didn't even mention it after the game, ow and didn't even flinch when it happened...as I said, much respect to everyone, but please try to see things a little more down the middle and showat a little remorse for what happened to Van Ryn Saturday...

Old
11-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

If the players are taking this as serious as the fans here are, this is starting to remind me of the New Jersey Devils VS Sean Avery of last year.
Looking at the outcome of the game on the scoreboard, I think the Canadiens had better be more concerned about scoring goals than lynching Grabovski next game.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:37 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Grabovski did absolutely nothing that is 'dirty' or that you don't see on the ice all the time. He knows full well that Carey Price is wearing a full chest protector and that his butt-end will have no physical effect on him. It's simply a response to Price leaning forward and pushing Grabovski, who has every right, within the rules to stand there.

I think he dug it in pretty good. I don't think you can defend butt ending. I don't feel any sourgrapes at all, I've seen worse losses to the Leafs, I've never gotten over 67, for Christ's sakes.

The TK hit is unrelated imo.

Kostopolous screwed up, he knows that. He'll be a man about, he won't whine about a guy turning away.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Number13

Both teams had questionable plays that can be considered cheap shots.

Last edited by Darz: 11-11-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old
11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
dude, there's more then enough trools wandering around here, no need to be like that to those come in and talk hockey
Thank you kindly.

I was just mentionning how we don't need anymore firestarters in here right now. If you can't see how his comments are just going to continue this flaming war than you sir are most certainly blinded by the light !

Old
11-10-2008, 07:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
blah...blah......blah
I thought that a team's board was where you could ***** and moan, but thanks for expalining the proper way to consider these issues.

I was confused by the conflicting emotions, the hair growing in places it previously hadn't and the cracking in my voice.

Your holier than thou crap is appreciated though as many of us aren't sure what is right or wrong, up or down.

Last edited by Darz: 11-11-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
LilWinger11

There are two big differences between what Grabovski did and what Kostopoulos did. The Kostopoulos hit was a routine hockey play gone horribly wrong due to errors in judgment by both players. Kostopoulos didn't go into the corner looking to injure Van Ryn; he was trying to make a play. I don't have a problem with Kostopoulos being suspended, although I'd like to see some uniformity in the length of these suspensions, but at no time was his intent to injure Van Ryn; he didn't board the guy on purpose.

Butt-ending, OTOH... you don't butt-end a guy by accident. You also don't butt-end a guy, particularly a goalie, in an attempt to make a play. You do it deliberately, and you do it to hurt the other player. That's why people are calling it, as mcphee so eloquently put it, a chickencrap move. Maybe Grabovski didn't hurt Price this time, but he's proven that he's a guy who will deliberately do something in an attempt to hurt another player. I think it's too early in his career to label him a cheapshot artist, but it was sure as hell a cheapshot.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Fugu

vCash:
You can thank your fellow posters for making 80% of this thread OT, flaming, and trolling. Next time, report the trolls and don't call out the mods.

Locked.

Closed Thread