HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"I cannot stand Grabovski anymore" -Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
11-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...se-blairer.php

Robert Laflamme
La Presse Canadienne
Montréal

Quote:
Le Bélarus ne sera plus jamais suffisamment grand pour Mikhail Grabovski et Sergei Kostitsyn. D'inséparables amis dans l'organisation du Canadien, il y a un an à peine, les deux compatriotes ne peuvent plus se blairer.

«Il n'est plus mon ami, a lancé Kostitsyn, lundi. Je n'ai pas de respect pour lui. Ce n'est même pas un joueur d'équipe.»

Le cadet des frangins du CH a refusé d'élaborer au sujet de la prise de bec que les deux joueurs ont eue sur la glace du Air Canada Centre, vers la fin du match de samedi.

Grabovski a fait voir rouge à Kostitsyn en le narguant, entre autres en pointant le score de son bâton. Kostitsyn était prêt à laisser tomber les gants.

«J'ai la mémoire longue, on va se revoir», a-t-il simplement dit, en évoquant le prochain duel entre les équipes qui va avoir lieu le 8 janvier au Centre Bell.
Didnt see it post here so here it is.

Basically, Sergei is saying that Grabovski is not his friend anymore, he has no respect towards Grabs and he's not a team player. Sergei was ready to fight Grabovski and he said he has long memory and they will meet again.

Cant believe some poster still want Grabovski with the Habs. I can tell his ex-teammates doesnt miss him at all.

Last edited by Fugu: 11-11-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: copyright
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:46 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I can't stand him either. I lost all respect after the dives and the stick butting. He is a good player with zero class. I'm glad he isn't a Hab.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:46 PM
usernam

Can't wait until Jan.8th.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Playoff Beard

anybody else saw the replay of that « 6 inch » (don't know if you can translate it that way from french...) Grabosvki made on Price during saturday's game? it was a dirty dirty play imo, I don't respect him as a player neither.

weel i just saw that another thred on this was locked, mods feel free to delete my post, didn't mean to add to the trolling! This is just one more thing that might add to the rivalry between the habs and grabovski (now that the rivalry between the habs and the leafs is not what it was a few years ago)!

Playoff Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:02 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
weel i just saw that another thred on this was locked, mods feel free to delete my post, didn't mean to add to the trolling! This is just one more thing that might add to the rivalry between the habs and grabovski (now that the rivalry between the habs and the leafs is not what it was a few years ago)!
I don't think this thread is about trolling. It is about whether we as Habs fans agree with Sergei Kostitsyn's assessment after Saturday's game. I for one agree with his assessment.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I don't think this thread is about trolling. It is about whether we as Habs fans agree with Sergei Kostitsyn's assessment after Saturday's game. I for one agree with his assessment.
I think he was just pointing out that he wasn't trolling, not that this thread was about trolling.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
habfaninvictoria

can someone translate please

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
can someone translate please
I'd like a translation of the article as well please.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:27 AM
BlackMarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
My god i was off my chair when Sergei just pounded the smurf to the ice. Hope we see more of his fire back, Sergei without the emotion is just not the same.

BlackMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Belso

It is obvious that Grabovsky is only a team player if the coach does what he wants..

I always wanted him to succeed in Montreal. I didn't really like him leaving the team because he wasn't happy with his ice time on a team that finished 1st in the East. He's a younger player who wants to prove himself so I forgave him for that. I was happy that he was traded to a team that could use his services and would give him ice time.

I didn't see the stick poke on Price, but I don't respect that type of action.. He over reacted in his first game against his former team who he believed let him down. It's only normal to want to brag and show they made a mistake in not playing him, but hopefully he thought about what he did to Price and regrets it.. He has lots of time to mature and if he does, I'll forgive him for it. But if he doesn't, then I'll just keep losing respect for him.

Ribs is a good example. He felt under appreciated by the Habs and had lots of mean things to say about the team at first, but after a season, he had no more bad feelings and even realized Bob did him a favor.. Grabovsky may realize in time Guy did his job and got the team to win and it wasn't anything against him. He may also realize in time, like Ribs, that Bob did him a favor..

As for Sergei, He's even younger. It's never easy to stay calm when someone is bragging in your face. I hope someone on the team talked to him to remind him that it's only one game and that Grabs has a lot of frustration against the Habs at the moment and not to let it bother him. There's no point going out and giving him a Burtuzzi just because he's arrogant. The best way to get him back is to play great hockey and start beating Toronto all season long.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Russeltown

You know, you don't have to be a NHL player to give 6 inches stick shots....

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
As for Sergei, He's even younger. It's never easy to stay calm when someone is bragging in your face. I hope someone on the team talked to him to remind him that it's only one game and that Grabs has a lot of frustration against the Habs at the moment and not to let it bother him. There's no point going out and giving him a Burtuzzi just because he's arrogant. The best way to get him back is to play great hockey and start beating Toronto all season long.
I think it's much more complicated than ''pointing to the score''.

These guys had a beef that started last season, it was rumored back then and with the way things continued on Saturday, it's not hard to think that rumor was true.

Sergei refused to get into the details, but you don't need to be a mind reader to see there's some personal tension between the two.

The rematch will be very interesting, I just hope both players are healthy at that time.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:32 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Translation:

Belarus won't be big enough anymore for Mikhail Grabovski and Sergei Kostitsyn. Great friends in the Canadiens' organization one year ago, now they can't stand each other.

'' He's not my friend anymore, said Kostitsyn, Monday. I have no respect for him. he's not a team player. ''

The younger Kostitsyn didn't want to talk about the rift that happened on the ice of the Air Canada Center at the end of the game Saturday.

Grabovski angered Kostitsyn by taunting him, like when he pointed the scoreboard with his stick. Kostitsyn was ready to fight.

'' I have a good memory, we'll see each other again '' when thinking about the next game between the two team on January 8th.

Kostitsyn said that their squabble began before Grabovski's dersertion in March.

Before taunting Kostitsyn, Grabovski saw Saku Koivu speaking to him after a whistle.

'' He gave me some advices, said Grabovski to the Toronto journalists. He said it would be useful for me in the future. I listened to him carefully because I respect Koivu. ''

In the Canadiens' locker room, players are not prone to talk about their ex-teammate. Not a lot of them forgave him his desertion at the time of their trip to the American West Coast last season.

'' No, don't talk to me about him, answered Kovalev to a question about him. He's in Toronto and I am here. I've got nothing to say. ''

'' He's not here anymore. I don't care about him. '' said Christopher Higgins.

As for coach Guy Carbonneau, who said he didn't see Koivu talking to Grabovski, he only repeated he was happy for the young belarussian.

'' He's playing a lot and he's happy in Toronto. Good for him. ''

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:36 AM
snakeye

Those losing respect for Grabovsky because of the butt end on Price should take a look at Kostitsyn's tripping penalty, which looked intentional and a LOT more dangerous.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:37 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

yes Grabs had his day and got one over on you guys, but I believe in retribution and good for Sergei. I like when players stand up for team mates even against my Leafs and I like when players hate to lose. I hope Grabs comes back and plays well in January but I am sure he will be hit hard many times over that night. That's ok. He will take it like a man I hope.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I wonder what Grabovski did off ice.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I wonder what Grabovski did off ice.

yeah, there's got to be more to this story than the desertion. You usually dont hear hockey players unanimously speak so negatively about a player. I thought getting rid of grabovski was just a pure hockey move but its now clear that he had to go regardless.

It sounds personal especially in sergei's case.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:47 AM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Can't wait until Jan.8th.
I am sitting right behind the penalty box for that game

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:15 AM
deandebean

There are a lot of rumors flying around about Grabovski and his relationship with the rest of the Habs' players. I know the poster called AH had a couple of infos on the subject.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

From what I've heard, grabovski always wanted to play for toronto, so he had a bad attitude when he was a hab...

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
From what I've heard, grabovski always wanted to play for toronto, so he had a bad attitude when he was a hab...

If thats the case, that would make him even more of a spoiled brat that I initially thought he was.

But hey! At least talking about him makes us forget about Ribeiro!

Old
11-11-2008, 07:41 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Haha wow this is fantastic. I can't wait till the next game.

Funny how 990 was saying months ago that there was major beef with Grabovski and nobody here believed them.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:55 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Haha wow this is fantastic. I can't wait till the next game.

Funny how 990 was saying months ago that there was major beef with Grabovski and nobody here believed them.
It's not about believed, it's about reporting, I 'heard' stuff.

I agree with Kovalev and Higgins, it's never a good idea to talk about players after they're gone. It's low brow.

Once you play that game, .....

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:59 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Those losing respect for Grabovsky because of the butt end on Price should take a look at Kostitsyn's tripping penalty, which looked intentional and a LOT more dangerous.
That was purely accidental. And i am not even sure that the extremely slight contact Andrei made with Schenn caused him to fall, i think he was falling anyway.
(i guess that is the trip you are talking about?)

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
That was purely accidental. And i am not even sure that the extremely slight contact Andrei made with Schenn caused him to fall, i think he was falling anyway.
(i guess that is the trip you are talking about?)
There's not a single angle that shows that Kostitsyn's stick is what made Schenn fall. He already looked to be falling before Kostitsyn's stick appeared near his skate. People are just listening to what Don Cherry said. "Kostigyn intentionally tried to break Schann's leg"

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote