HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"I cannot stand Grabovski anymore" -Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Sergei is going to crack him next game.Poor Grabovski,he better find an excuse to miss that one..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
habsfan56

vCash: 500
cant wait until next game between the two, hope skost beats the **** out of grab

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
Here's the post-game from Saturday's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQDU1w8ubY

Around the 2:00 mark, Cherry shows the butt-end.

Before that, he shows the "Koseegin" play on Schenn.

Here's hoping Grabovski sees a lot of red sweaters up close and personal.

--------------------

My question: Why isn't a butt-end, with obvious "intent" in that case, reviewable by the league? I certainly hope Gainey looked into it.

A lot of goalies would've fallen to the ice and flailed around. Shows a lot about Price's character.
I still don't understand why goalie are allowed to use players as punching bags without any penalties. And its not just Price. But getting punched in the back of the neck or between the shoulder blades with a hard glove, full force, can't be comfortable.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:08 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
I still don't understand why goalie are allowed to use players as punching bags without any penalties. And its not just Price. But getting punched in the back of the neck or between the shoulder blades with a hard glove, full force, can't be comfortable.
Hence why if you stand in front of the net, you got to be willing to pay the price.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
There's not a single angle that shows that Kostitsyn's stick is what made Schenn fall. He already looked to be falling before Kostitsyn's stick appeared near his skate. People are just listening to what Don Cherry said. "Kostigyn intentionally tried to break Schann's leg"
Agreed. I cannot wait for the day Cherry is finally gone...

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Agreed. I cannot wait for the day Cherry is finally gone...
I bet if Lafleur wouldnt have ended his carrer he would a perfect gentlemen, but now he's so frustrated that he has to spit his hatred to the face of Canada every weeks!

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Hence why if you stand in front of the net, you got to be willing to pay the price.
Yeah, but punching is penalized in the NHL, read the rule book. Why do refs turn a blind eye to this? It doesn't look like Grab is in the crease. You don't see defensemen punch because they'd be penalized. So what gives?

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

That thread makes me feel like a Bruins fan.....are we really going for moral victories?

If Grabovski is that much of a weasel, he shouldn't be part of a game plan....I guess he's becoming a factor now....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Yeah, but punching is penalized in the NHL, read the rule book. Why do refs turn a blind eye to this? It doesn't look like Grab is in the crease. You don't see defensemen punch because they'd be penalized. So what gives?

So is interference on a goalie MooT point.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
smon

I don't think Grabovski's style of play is all that much worse than Mike Ribiero. Obviously he's going to get taught a lesson sooner rather than later, but the team should just concentrate on winning against the Leafs. There's no need for our skill players to go around trying to beat on whoever instead of trying to score goals.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That thread makes me feel like a Bruins fan.....are we really going for moral victories?

If Grabovski is that much of a weasel, he shouldn't be part of a game plan....I guess he's becoming a factor now....
Well they treatd us like if we were the Bruins. But yeah i do feel like a Bruins fan after 5 straight losses to the Habs, but not a Bruins fan after 13 straight losses to the Habs, those are a strange race.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:31 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Just how it's always been. Goalies protect their crease, keep the guys far out of it. It only takes a second for the forward to interfere when a shot it made. If he's further out of the crease it'll be harder for him to bother the goalie.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Newhabfan

My guess on how this will turn - some "older" guys in the Hab team will explain to Serioja that he will now be scrutinised by the referees and that such a feud will hurt him more then Grabs. And then they will promise him to take care of business for him.

I expect that during the next game guys like Komisarek, Bouillon, Hammerlik maybe even Markov, Koivu or Kovalev will do some very nasty checkings on Grabs. Laraque will provide the backup, just in case. It will be a team effort to counter an arrogant individual.

Sergei is highly emotional, especially after he saw his brother hit - he needs to learn to control his reactions and his teammates will help him.

That's because the Habs need to be like a family if they want to really win. And this will be a good test.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:41 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
They don't call the shove because if you call a goalie for 2 minutes for doing that, they'll switch to a two-hander across the ankle.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Get it?

OT: If only Latendresse wasn't afraid to do this...I mean if even a little **** like Grab at 5'10" isn't afraid then what's stopping our hulking powerforward?

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Bileur

I'd be really interested to know what actually happened between them. There's no way all that animosity comes from missing a plane and a few antics.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I'd be really interested to know what actually happened between them. There's no way all that animosity comes from missing a plane and a few antics.
The whole team hates him.

He thought he deserved more ice time than Koivu because he thought he was a better player with more skill. He thought he was bigger than the team at one point according to a beat writer.

He had a knee injury and milked it for all he could so that he wouldn't get demoted to Hamilton and have to collect a minor league salary. That ticked off quite a few players as they had payed their dues and waited their turn to get to the NHL.

Just stuff like that which came out over the last few months.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The whole team hates him.

He thought he deserved more ice time than Koivu because he thought he was a better player with more skill. He thought he was bigger than the team at one point according to a beat writer.

He had a knee injury and milked it for all he could so that he wouldn't get demoted to Hamilton and have to collect a minor league salary. That ticked off quite a few players as they had payed their dues and waited their turn to get to the NHL.

Just stuff like that which came out over the last few months.
What a shower...

Old
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Sergei's an idiot.

Stewart JH Esq MBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Maybe Grabovski tried to sleep with Sergei's brother?

Coucouuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Darz

The Grabovski-Sergei thing will be long forgotten by the time the habs and the leafs meet again.

If S.K. goes out of his way to do something (or anyone else) that hurts the team, I'm sure he/they will be riding pine.

Now, if the opportunity arises that something can be done without hurting the team, well......

A long time between now and January.

11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:

At their age it could be a girl thing. But you are right there is something personal between them.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Blades 0f Steel

This is so overblown.

Grabovski's an arrogant kid, but then again, so are a lot of young guys in the NHL. He's backing up his arrogance right now...so as far as I'm concerned, he just needs some retribution for the spear.

A few Komisarek splatters should take care of things.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Funny how a few losses and we turn into Bruins fans.

Let Sergei deal with Grabovski.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Funny how a few losses and we turn into Bruins fans.

Let Sergei deal with Grabovski.
It's more the way he handled himself on the ice. Saying he respects no one but Koivu in the locker room. Pointing at the scoreboard.. diving, spearing, ditching the team in Phx last year.. Plus he plays for the Leafs. There's plenty of reason to hate his guts.

I don't think people would be so against him if not for all of these factors put together.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote