HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

"I cannot stand Grabovski anymore" -Sergei Kostitsyn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
  #76
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,145
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It's more the way he handled himself on the ice. Saying he respects no one but Koivu in the locker room. Pointing at the scoreboard.. diving, spearing, ditching the team in Phx last year.. Plus he plays for the Leafs. There's plenty of reason to hate his guts.

I don't think people would be so against him if not for all of these factors put together.
Maybe if the team actually tried, Grabovski wouldn't be pointing at the scoreboard.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
  #77
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe if the team actually tried, Grabovski wouldn't be pointing at the scoreboard.
No arguing there.. they stunk, hard.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
  #78
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Maybe if the team actually tried, Grabovski wouldn't be pointing at the scoreboard.
Good point...I have a feeling that Grabs will not be pointing to the scoreboard in January....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
  #79
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Yeah, but punching is penalized in the NHL, read the rule book. Why do refs turn a blind eye to this? It doesn't look like Grab is in the crease. You don't see defensemen punch because they'd be penalized. So what gives?
If you go back about 40 years guys used to get even sometimes by clobbering each other over the head with sticks. Think Ted Green v Wayne Maki. Ted Green gets a plate in his skull and the league clamps down on that.

Moral: If Grabo wants to punch back, then fine. But using the stick to butt end a guy is chicken salad and not justifable. End of story

BTW please remember that prior to all this the Leafs were called 3 times for Goalie interference. Coincidence? I think not

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:32 AM
  #80
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
The Grabovski-Sergei thing will be long forgotten by the time the habs and the leafs meet again.

If S.K. goes out of his way to do something (or anyone else) that hurts the team, I'm sure he/they will be riding pine.

Now, if the opportunity arises that something can be done without hurting the team, well......

A long time between now and January.
You know this is Mtl right?..
We'll be talking about this a few days before Jan8th. Medias will be all over Sergei with questions. Videotapes of his interview will be showed again and again to the public.

Will Sergei just jump on the ice and look to destroy Grabo?..Not sure, it's the first time this happens and we still don't know Sergei well enough to be sure how he'll react.

But for sure this will be all over TV/Radio here and the media will remind Sergei of his comments.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
  #81
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It's more the way he handled himself on the ice. Saying he respects no one but Koivu in the locker room. Pointing at the scoreboard.. diving, spearing, ditching the team in Phx last year.. Plus he plays for the Leafs. There's plenty of reason to hate his guts.

I don't think people would be so against him if not for all of these factors put together.
Don't buy it....we would not have cared so much if he wouldn't be that succesful. Put the same Grabovski with the type of stats he had in the first 10 games and the only answer we would have about him would have been " He does all that and he sucks".....

But now we need to find reasons why despite having success elsewhere, we still feel good about him not doing it here....'cause like EVERY player that ended up having success elsewhere but here....."he would not have done it here".....

The guy has an attitude....so what? Until we don't hear from the Leafs players and management that they want him out of there despite his stats, I won't buy the fact that he was soooooo disruptive. A guy like Avery is an ******* everywhere he plays....it's been proven.....but Grabovski seems to me like an immature kid that we got rid of 'cause he was too immature for our team.....like a couple of guys I'M thinking about......Still, maturity is something you can work with....as an org., we just choose not to....But we should stop being surprised to see guys flourishing elsewhere.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:49 AM
  #82
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Those losing respect for Grabovsky because of the butt end on Price should take a look at Kostitsyn's tripping penalty, which looked intentional and a LOT more dangerous.
Funny...maybe its just be but I don't find that the Kostitsyn's tripping penalty looked intentional. He didn't really push or pull it seemed more like the stickbeing in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was worth the penalty though because you have to be in control of your stick at all times. They showed a similar play during the post game with Don Cherry, this time the victim was Mccinnis and once again, I don't find that it looked intentional. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
  #83
Davebo
beep beep
 
Davebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Good point...I have a feeling that Grabs will not be pointing to the scoreboard in January....
I didn't see any of our guys pointing at the scoreboard when we smoked them 6-1...

grabs has no class, and I look forward to Sergei kicking his ass. Maybe grabs will learn to fight before our next game - he'd better.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
  #84
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't buy it....we would not have cared so much if he wouldn't be that succesful. Put the same Grabovski with the type of stats he had in the first 10 games and the only answer we would have about him would have been " He does all that and he sucks".....

But now we need to find reasons why despite having success elsewhere, we still feel good about him not doing it here....'cause like EVERY player that ended up having success elsewhere but here....."he would not have done it here".....

The guy has an attitude....so what? Until we don't hear from the Leafs players and management that they want him out of there despite his stats, I won't buy the fact that he was soooooo disruptive. A guy like Avery is an ******* everywhere he plays....it's been proven.....but Grabovski seems to me like an immature kid that we got rid of 'cause he was too immature for our team.....like a couple of guys I'M thinking about......Still, maturity is something you can work with....as an org., we just choose not to....But we should stop being surprised to see guys flourishing elsewhere.....
His immaturity pushed many players to dislike him..that's gotta be some ''immaturity''!

You can be immature all you want, but there's certain things you don't do. Missing the bus when you're a rookie, or whining you deserve more ice time than some players when that team is already #1 of the Eastern Conference, are just things you don't do. That's not immaturity, that's stupidity.

He proved his immaturity when he pointed to the scoreboard last game, forgetting completely the first game he played vs us and the fact he was a ghost during that game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:14 AM
  #85
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 500
as much as I am a big fan of the kostitsyn brothers, I think it is time sergei S-T f UP and starts playing the game.

Instead of crying, do something on the ice.

drama queens.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
  #86
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
He's not only immature but the fact he has no respect toward all the Habs organisation and teammates, thats unnaceptable. Theres a reason why all of his ex-teammates hates him and most doesnt even talk about him anymore.

Huet was a good guy, and our players still talk in good about him when Huet left, wishing him good luck and all. Same does not goes with Grabovski, that showed how much he was hated in the lockeroom.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
  #87
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He's not only immature but the fact he has no respect toward all the Habs organisation and teammates, thats unnaceptable. Theres a reason why all of his ex-teammates hates him and most doesnt even talk about him anymore.

Huet was a good guy, and our players still talk in good about him when Huet left, wishing him good luck and all. Same does not goes with Grabovski, that showed how much he was hated in the lockeroom.
He's a star in toronto right now, but with his kind of personnality it will turn out to be a problem one day, that's for sure.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
  #88
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He's not only immature but the fact he has no respect toward all the Habs organisation and teammates, thats unnaceptable. Theres a reason why all of his ex-teammates hates him and most doesnt even talk about him anymore.

Huet was a good guy, and our players still talk in good about him when Huet left, wishing him good luck and all. Same does not goes with Grabovski, that showed how much he was hated in the lockeroom.
Grabovski can feel however he wants about the organization and players; I wouldn't say it's unacceptable for him to have no respect. I don't really care what he thinks. Saying it publically though, that was stupid and immature. He's not some 18-year-old kid just out of juniors, he's old enough to realize that's not something you say to the media.

And yeah, the fact that the players are saying stuff like, "He's not here anymore, I don't care about him" rather than, "He's a good player, we wish him well, but we need to focus on Ottawa right now" speaks volumes to me about what the other guys in the room thought of him, in which case I'm just glad he's gone.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
  #89
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
Grabovski can do and say what he wants, what do we care? He is only making himself look bad.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:10 PM
  #90
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,379
vCash: 500
Pointing to the scoreboard?

Grabovski was targeted physically by Montreal and responded perfectly to the abuse. I can't believe a huge stink is being caused by Grabovski pointing at a score when Kostitsyn (who seemed more interested in attacking Grabovski then the puck all night) confronted him. Pointing at the score is probably THE most common form of retaliation/taunt in the history of all sports. I think you would be hard pressed to find any one player who hasn't done this once in their careers.

The fact that Grabovski is a small european, and was physically targeted by the Canadiens, and refused to back down is only another reason to love him. He's a true competitor. He is feisty, physical and not afraid to go to the net, or the corners.

Team Player - When pressed about Kostitsyn, Grabovski refused to comment. When pressed about Koivu, Grabovski gave praise.

Sideshow/not a Team Player - S. Kostitsyn expressing his feelings publically about Grabovski.

So far Grabovski has left everything on the ice, which is exactly what most managements likes to see. While Kostitsyn is acting like a loose cannon, and instead of focusing on the "embarrassing loss" he has focused on Grabovski. Joe Nieuwendyke came down to formally pat Grabovski on the back, so he must have been impressed with Grabovski's performance. Personally, I'm going to take note of that, way before Higgins/Kostitsyn's comments.

As for the butt end, last time I checked the big concern is with head shots.... stick infractions to the bodies happen all the time (slashes are common occurences), Grabovski clearly wasn't aiming for the Price's head.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
  #91
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post

Team Player - When pressed about Kostitsyn, Grabovski refused to comment. When pressed about Koivu, Grabovski gave praise.

Sideshow/not a Team Player - S. Kostitsyn expressing his feelings publically about Grabovski.
I'm sure Grabovski's comment was sarcastic. He wanted Koivu's spot, but he couldn't get it and acted like a selfish wuss. And that's what you call respect?

Kostitsyn is too emotionnal and shouldn't have done this, but don't give Grabovski too much praise after everything he did.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
  #92
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Pointing to the scoreboard?

Grabovski was targeted physically by Montreal and responded perfectly to the abuse. I can't believe a huge stink is being caused by Grabovski pointing at a score when Kostitsyn (who seemed more interested in attacking Grabovski then the puck all night) confronted him. Pointing at the score is probably THE most common form of retaliation/taunt in the history of all sports. I think you would be hard pressed to find any one player who hasn't done this once in their careers.

The fact that Grabovski is a small european, and was physically targeted by the Canadiens, and refused to back down is only another reason to love him. He's a true competitor. He is feisty, physical and not afraid to go to the net, or the corners.

Team Player - When pressed about Kostitsyn, Grabovski refused to comment. When pressed about Koivu, Grabovski gave praise.

Sideshow/not a Team Player - S. Kostitsyn expressing his feelings publically about Grabovski.

So far Grabovski has left everything on the ice, which is exactly what most managements likes to see. While Kostitsyn is acting like a loose cannon, and instead of focusing on the "embarrassing loss" he has focused on Grabovski. Joe Nieuwendyke came down to formally pat Grabovski on the back, so he must have been impressed with Grabovski's performance. Personally, I'm going to take note of that, way before Higgins/Kostitsyn's comments.

As for the butt end, last time I checked the big concern is with head shots.... stick infractions to the bodies happen all the time (slashes are common occurences), Grabovski clearly wasn't aiming for the Price's head.
So everything your guy did is fine and everything our guys did was wrong.....See....I thought that's why Habs fans were hated so much....

As far as the butt end is concerned.....since the concern is with head shots, we probably also should start accepting that a player stomps on somebody's leg with his skate....I mean, the concern is ONLY about head shots, referees and the league cannot concentrate in anything else that that...what kind of comment is this?

As far as already putting a label on Grabovski, let's acknowledge one thing here. He is doing great, though things can change fast can they? Didn't some of you despite of his hustle, were saying how this kid could never finish even if his life depended on it? Then, since he'll sign a big contract 'cause of his great season, we'll see how he handles himself 'cause then Leafs will want at one point becoming a better team...does that mean that Grabovski will remain your #1 centerman? Will he accept it? We will see, I'm just saying before putting him on a pedestal as a hero, as much as you were fast to judge him on his incapacity of being a scorer, just wait a little more before putting him at the level of Gretzky....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
  #93
compile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 611
Grabovski is a wimp.

Good riddance.

I have a feeling, he's going to disappear the next time these 2 teams play again, just like when Montreal thrapped the Leafs 6-1.

#1 center-man and he's pathetic on face-offs LOL.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
  #94
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Pointing to the scoreboard?

Grabovski was targeted physically by Montreal and responded perfectly to the abuse. I can't believe a huge stink is being caused by Grabovski pointing at a score when Kostitsyn (who seemed more interested in attacking Grabovski then the puck all night) confronted him. Pointing at the score is probably THE most common form of retaliation/taunt in the history of all sports. I think you would be hard pressed to find any one player who hasn't done this once in their careers.

The fact that Grabovski is a small european, and was physically targeted by the Canadiens, and refused to back down is only another reason to love him. He's a true competitor. He is feisty, physical and not afraid to go to the net, or the corners.

Team Player - When pressed about Kostitsyn, Grabovski refused to comment. When pressed about Koivu, Grabovski gave praise.

Sideshow/not a Team Player - S. Kostitsyn expressing his feelings publically about Grabovski.

So far Grabovski has left everything on the ice, which is exactly what most managements likes to see. While Kostitsyn is acting like a loose cannon, and instead of focusing on the "embarrassing loss" he has focused on Grabovski. Joe Nieuwendyke came down to formally pat Grabovski on the back, so he must have been impressed with Grabovski's performance. Personally, I'm going to take note of that, way before Higgins/Kostitsyn's comments.

As for the butt end, last time I checked the big concern is with head shots.... stick infractions to the bodies happen all the time (slashes are common occurences), Grabovski clearly wasn't aiming for the Price's head.
The scoreboard pointing wasnt the main issue...

The kicker was the butt end. Which seems to be ok since the media focus is on head shots. So I guess this is not a big deal.


Seriously, how naive can you be? A butt end not being a big deal? Give me a ****ing break. Its one of the dirtiest, most dangerous cheapshots in hockey. Its in the same cowardly category as spearing. But by justifying it by saying its not a big deal because the concern is to headshots just discredits any opinion you may have on the matter.

On top of that, your heroic boy tried to butt end a goalie. YOU DO NOT TOUCH THE GOALIE. EVER.


Last edited by Kristia: 11-11-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: removed unneeded comment
  Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:21 PM
  #95
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Someone should explain to him that you don't discuss your personal grudges with the media. If SK goes out and runs Mikhail the next time the Habs and Leafs play, the officials and the league will bury him and the Habs.

I'd rather a beefier hab who usually gets to play only a few shifts per game take care of Grabovski.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:24 PM
  #96
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Sergei !!!

I really wanted to see the two getting into a brawl, lol it would look funny in some way. Sergei would've destroyed him, no doubt. I hope Sergei will fire it up in the next few games.

I still like Grabovski though, no matter what he did to Sergei or whoever on the team. If you talk about hockey wise only, he has too much hockey skills to not like him. His success with Toronto doesn't surprises me one bit, good for him.

How about getting both of those pygmies fighting and getting thrown out of the game?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:30 PM
  #97
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
So far Grabovski has left everything on the ice, which is exactly what most managements likes to see. While Kostitsyn is acting like a loose cannon, and instead of focusing on the "embarrassing loss" he has focused on Grabovski.
It's funny how this "embarrassing loss" by the Habs is making Leaf fans so courageous. The previous "embarrassing win" by the Habs was never controversial, with no pointing at the scoreboard, no running the goalie's nads with the butt end of a stick once the score was out of reach, etc ...

No one likes a sore loser, but there is nothing worse than a sore winner (*looks up at scoreboard and wonders what to do with the score 6-1*).


Last edited by AH: 11-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.
AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:33 PM
  #98
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
It's funny how this "embarrassing loss" by the Habs is making Leaf fans so courageous. The previous "embarrassing win" by the Habs was never controversial, with no pointing at the scoreboard, no running the goalie's nads with the butt end of a stick, etc ...

No one likes a sore loser, but there is nothing worse than a sore winner (*looks up at scoreboard and wonders what to do with the score 6-1*).
It's the difference between class and gas.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
  #99
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,874
vCash: 500
I get it, in Leaf fans world kicking, spearing, boarding, running the goalie, vicious slashing, and stepping on someone with skates on a la Pronger should not be dealt with (or even made a big deal of) because the focus of the league is HEAD SHOTS.

Logic is not their greatest asset.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
  #100
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
The scoreboard pointing wasnt the main issue...

The kicker was the butt end. Which seems to be ok since the media focus is on head shots. So I guess this is not a big deal.


Seriously, how naive can you be? A butt end not being a big deal? Give me a ****ing break. Its one of the dirtiest, most dangerous cheapshots in hockey. Its in the same cowardly category as spearing. But by justifying it by saying its not a big deal because the concern is to headshots just discredits any opinion you may have on the matter.

On top of that, your heroic boy tried to butt end a goalie. YOU DO NOT TOUCH THE GOALIE. EVER.
LOL his name is antropovsky, nuff said.

Just another leafs troll for one, and for two I bet he cries if tosk gets butt ended with the stick.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.