HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #18 - 11.10.08 | Edmonton Oilers @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

vCash: 500
Its not that bad really... coming back from a 0-2 game and got a point. Its ok.

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Garfinkel1

The difference in that game was the special teams. We went 0-4 on the PP although it did look a lot better then most of the other games this season. If we scored on one of those man advantages, we could very easily won that game.

Although, Congrats to our PK for making Edmonton go 0-3

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
That goal by Drury was a thing of beauty. One of the best goals I've ever seen.

11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That goal by Drury was a thing of beauty. One of the best goals I've ever seen.
I was watching the game streaming (I live in CT), I couldn't even see what happened. Wanna explain it to me? . I just saw Drury fall down and the puck in the net. God I can't wait till thanksgiving so I can watch these games HD.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I was watching the game streaming (I live in CT), I couldn't even see what happened. Wanna explain it to me? . I just saw Drury fall down and the puck in the net. God I can't wait till thanksgiving so I can watch these games HD.
Drury followed the shot from Gomez and drove to the net. He then knocks the rebound out of the air with one hand on his stick while getting knocked down.

Go here and choose 2008-2009 Game Highlights:

http://rangers.nhl.com/

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Drury followed the shot from Gomez and drove to the net. He then knocks the rebound out of the air with one hand on his stick while getting knocked down.

Go here and choose 2008-2009 Game Highlights:

http://rangers.nhl.com/
Thanks.

Old
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Well, they invited all the players' wives/girlfriends or mothers to New York, so I hope you weren't badmouthing any Oilers too loudly.

Nah, I don't know, there might have been some organized groups. Pretty fun place to go for a roadtrip!
Well that would explain alot of the rather attractive ladies in Oilers jerseys that I noticed

I actually like the Oilers. Considering that most of the 1994 team played for them at one poijnt and all..and it's always fun watching the western canadian teams late at night.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Also, during warm-ups, Mara gave a puck to the Marine

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:19 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I saw that. Classy job by Mara

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 04:23 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Judging by the posters on here, Oilers fans seem like a classy bunch. Good game Edmonton.

I'm starting to think that no offensive player can flourish on a Renney-coached team. I think the reason Jagr was able to dominate that first season is a mixture of a couple of things. Renney's first year as a head coach, coupled with Jagr probably having the balls to disregard everything Renney preached about defense... Every single comment I've heard from and about Renney makes me feel like he just doesn't appreciate anything on the offensive side of the game.

Not only does this team lose but it loses in painful ways. And if Lundqvist starts to play at a sub-superstar level we're completely toast. We're squandering a whole lot of Superman-like performances from Henke right now.
Jagr had NYlander as well

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 04:34 AM
PTmbp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
rozsival has been playing horribly....he has been, by far, the rangers worst defenseman so far this season.....its sad too, because when he had very little help(the past couple of seasons) he looked great, but now that he is being asked to be part of the solution he looks lost.....

staal, girardi, redden, mara, kalinin all looked pretty good tonight, joining the rush etc...

gomez and drury had pretty good games....dubi doesnt look as good as he did at the beginning of ths season....fritsche doesnt look good at all....korpikoski looked a bit lost out there but i will attribute that to the fact that he barely got any ice time....callahan had a great game playing with gomez and naslund....

this team needs a finisher/big goal scoring forward and rozsival, prucha, rissmiller, fritsche all are tying up the money to get one....
NYR should get Nicklas Kronvall or Bryan Cambell. at least i like them and thinking they would be a great fit in today´s rangers.

PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Other Little Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Well that would explain alot of the rather attractive ladies in Oilers jerseys that I noticed

I actually like the Oilers. Considering that most of the 1994 team played for them at one poijnt and all..and it's always fun watching the western canadian teams late at night.
Also this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L0FeLLx6bM

I like the Rangers now 'cause they're a fun team to watch so I've hopped on their bandwagon in the playoffs the last couple of years. Back in '94 I was 11, and I remember there was a school play or something the night of game seven, and they announced the winner over the loudspeaker. All the adults wanted the Rangers to win because, yeah, half the team was ex-Oilers, and all the kids wanted the Canucks to win because they were Canadian. (I think. Personally I was just a bitter little kid and didn't want Messier et al winning a Cup without us.) Now, of course, I wonder what the hell I was thinking, wanting the Canucks to win.

It helps that I don't feel like you're contributing to the loss of all our star players with high salaries any more.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote