HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Park Rumor (Mitch Gaulton close to return)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
  #26
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Ryan is from Jersey and I do believe he was a Ranger fan growing up like Sanguinetti

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:36 PM
  #27
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I doubt it's Ryan, and I also doubt he grew up a Rangers fan. Wasn't that just a rumor someone started around here?

ThirdEye is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
  #28
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,572
vCash: 500
im hoping its not another "safe" player.....high risk, high reward please....

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
  #29
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,572
vCash: 500
i believe ryan and sanguinetti are good friends

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
  #30
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
could cherneski or blackburn be trying another comeback? i know long shots but just an idea...
Given the "feel good" aspect this sounds a lot more likely than Bobby Ryan.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
  #31
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
If it is indeed Lyon Messier I'll be pretty disappointed. It's not that I have anything against him, and I'll be more than happy for him if it's true, but it's kinda like when a relative tell you that they have a "big surprise waiting for you" and you get all amped up thinking about what they could have gotten you only until you find out that they bought something you something like a t-shirt. Yeah, I'm happy I got it, but I was expecting 100 dollars or a new autographed Mark Messier photo. Not this 15 dollar T-shirt.

hlundqvist30* is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
  #32
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
A post a minute since FutureGM started a separate thread on this subject - unfortunately, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be let down.

I hope I'm wrong about that.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
  #33
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,886
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
im hoping its not another "safe" player.....high risk, high reward please....
Didn't work with Jessiman.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
  #34
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Josef Balej making a comeback w/ us?

DontStepanMe is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
  #35
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Didn't work with Jessiman.
but im okay with that.....the rangers system is full of "safe" players....they have plenty of players who can play on the bottom lines for years to come....they need some talented players who can make the top-2 lines and contribute offensively....

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
  #36
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Question: Since Lyon Messier is in the ECHL, wouldn't that still make him a prospect? and in the article it says we are adding a prospcet. Can someone clarify for me?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
  #37
MikeyLikesHockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Its not blackburn

Its defintely not Blackburn.

Heres an excerpt from his wiki

He retired after missing the entire 200304 NHL season due to a nerve injury sustained just before training camp to his left shoulder. He had nerve exploration surgery on March 31, 2004, then made an attempt to return to hockey, sporting a pair of blockers rather than the conventional blocker/catcher combination, as his injury rendered him incapable of rotating his glove hand. On February 1, 2005, he joined the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings going 390, with a 3.54 GAA in 12 games. On September 15, during the Rangers training camp, he suffered a strained MCL. Subsequently, Blackburn announced his retirement on September 25. Had Blackburn continued to attempt a comeback, he would have forfeited an insurance payout of approximately 6 million dollars.

After retiring, Dan enrolled at Arizona State University. Afterwards he became manager of business development for Goaltender Development Institute. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and Waltham, Massachusetts.[citation needed] When asked if he ever envisioned a return to hockey, he was quoted as saying, "Never, I doubt I will ever put goalie pads on again. I don't have interest in playing net." He also stated, "It's not bittersweet, you know what? I don't really miss it anymore - it's been such a long time. It was a chapter of my life and I'm on to the next....I don't have any regrets at all about what transpired or the way things happened for me. I really enjoy what I do now in the business world....From my point of view, I was really fortunate, even though I was only there for a couple of years. It really set up the rest of my life for all the things that I want to do, from there on out." [3].

He would lose 6 million of his insurance payout if he returned.

And Cherneski is pretty much done with the busted Patella.

Lyon just recently signed a contract with the Charlotte Checkers. As of Oct 31st.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
  #38
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
btw brendl is 5th in goals scored in the khl
now tht is a feel good story

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
  #39
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,714
vCash: 500
If its Messier I won't be excited. The kid is nothing special. He's Messier's son, great.

I'd rather sign up Leetch's kids

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
  #40
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Please be Ryan..that'd be awesome.

If it though, you'd have to think AA or Sangs is going the other way.
If youre gonna trade those guys it should be for someone who can help immediately at the NHL level, no another prospect.

Choice is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
  #41
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Its defintely not Blackburn.

Heres an excerpt from his wiki

He retired after missing the entire 200304 NHL season due to a nerve injury sustained just before training camp to his left shoulder. He had nerve exploration surgery on March 31, 2004, then made an attempt to return to hockey, sporting a pair of blockers rather than the conventional blocker/catcher combination, as his injury rendered him incapable of rotating his glove hand. On February 1, 2005, he joined the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings going 390, with a 3.54 GAA in 12 games. On September 15, during the Rangers training camp, he suffered a strained MCL. Subsequently, Blackburn announced his retirement on September 25. Had Blackburn continued to attempt a comeback, he would have forfeited an insurance payout of approximately 6 million dollars.

After retiring, Dan enrolled at Arizona State University. Afterwards he became manager of business development for Goaltender Development Institute. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and Waltham, Massachusetts.[citation needed] When asked if he ever envisioned a return to hockey, he was quoted as saying, "Never, I doubt I will ever put goalie pads on again. I don't have interest in playing net." He also stated, "It's not bittersweet, you know what? I don't really miss it anymore - it's been such a long time. It was a chapter of my life and I'm on to the next....I don't have any regrets at all about what transpired or the way things happened for me. I really enjoy what I do now in the business world....From my point of view, I was really fortunate, even though I was only there for a couple of years. It really set up the rest of my life for all the things that I want to do, from there on out." [3].

He would lose 6 million of his insurance payout if he returned.

And Cherneski is pretty much done with the busted Patella.

Lyon just recently signed a contract with the Charlotte Checkers. As of Oct 31st.
I don't think the Blackburn and Cherneski references were supposed to be taken seriously.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's Lyon Messier. If it were some good prospect they would probably have taken a different approach than stressing how it's a feel good story that everyone will love.

hlundqvist30* is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
  #42
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
you know i'm not a native speaker, but if you would understand the word "ranks" as the position where the prospects are ranked, and they are all increased by one, it would have to be a new top prospect coming

(of course i know what ranks mean)

jniklast is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
  #43
TrojanRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Van down by theriver
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The article says this:

It is not very often when we get excited about adding another prospect but this one is special as if there was anyone who Ranger fans will adopt instantly it will be this young man.

This is the true feel good story of the season and we will be very happy to bring it you once we get the OK to do so.

Not sure Ryan would be a "feel good story".

Except he would be

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/newIceA...ryans_ama.html

I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about this.

TrojanRanger is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
  #44
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Question: Since Lyon Messier is in the ECHL, wouldn't that still make him a prospect? and in the article it says we are adding a prospcet. Can someone clarify for me?
Messier's signed to an ECHL contract by Charlotte, his rights don't belong to the Rangers.

As I said in the prospect thread, I have a sinking feeling it is Messier. And if it is, I see no reason to be excited about it.

It's definitely some kind of signing of a previously un-signed player, not a trade, though. Only Eklund reports trade speculation with that much confidence.

squishy is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
  #45
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Keep in mind they said we're adding another prospect, so we should be receiving a prospect withouth giving up any (i.e. Sanguinetti and AA aren't going the other way to get Ryan).

Hopefully it is Ryan. Maybe Brian Burke got really, relly drunk and traded him for Prucha/Dawes.

mrhockey193195 is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
  #46
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Messier's signed to an ECHL contract by Charlotte, his rights don't belong to the Rangers.

As I said in the prospect thread, I have a sinking feeling it is Messier. And if it is, I see no reason to be excited about it.

It's definitely some kind of signing of a previously un-signed player, not a trade, though. Only Eklund reports trade speculation with that much confidence.
Oh...Alright, thanks for the clarification. Then yeah, it has be Messier. Meh, I'm not really excited for it, I doubt he ends up playing for the Rangers, unless he turns into Dan Girardi 2.0.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
  #47
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,302
vCash: 500
Going out on a limb and saying it's either Messier or the other end of the Nashville deal (most probably not Radulov) coming back our way.

If you're thinking Ryan you're probably getting your hopes up.

silverfish is online now  
Old
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
  #48
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFPatUSC View Post
Except he would be

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/newIceA...ryans_ama.html

I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about this.
Woah, nice find. Pretty interesting read. I am actually hoping its not Messier, and it's rather someone like Ryan....but I know it's not gonna be.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
  #49
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
soooo...we just sit and wait for news? how legit is that site

Shake and Bake is offline  
Old
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
  #50
Cherepanov 71
Registered User
 
Cherepanov 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Are we still waiting? or did I miss something

Cherepanov 71 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.