HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Park Rumor (Mitch Gaulton close to return)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Ryan is from Jersey and I do believe he was a Ranger fan growing up like Sanguinetti

Old
11-11-2008, 02:36 PM
ThirdEye

I doubt it's Ryan, and I also doubt he grew up a Rangers fan. Wasn't that just a rumor someone started around here?

Old
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
NYR Viper

im hoping its not another "safe" player.....high risk, high reward please....

Old
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
NYR Viper

i believe ryan and sanguinetti are good friends

Old
11-11-2008, 02:38 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
could cherneski or blackburn be trying another comeback? i know long shots but just an idea...
Given the "feel good" aspect this sounds a lot more likely than Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
hlundqvist30*

If it is indeed Lyon Messier I'll be pretty disappointed. It's not that I have anything against him, and I'll be more than happy for him if it's true, but it's kinda like when a relative tell you that they have a "big surprise waiting for you" and you get all amped up thinking about what they could have gotten you only until you find out that they bought something you something like a t-shirt. Yeah, I'm happy I got it, but I was expecting 100 dollars or a new autographed Mark Messier photo. Not this 15 dollar T-shirt.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

A post a minute since FutureGM started a separate thread on this subject - unfortunately, I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be let down.

I hope I'm wrong about that.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
im hoping its not another "safe" player.....high risk, high reward please....
Didn't work with Jessiman.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
DontStepanMe

Josef Balej making a comeback w/ us?

Old
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Didn't work with Jessiman.
but im okay with that.....the rangers system is full of "safe" players....they have plenty of players who can play on the bottom lines for years to come....they need some talented players who can make the top-2 lines and contribute offensively....

Old
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Question: Since Lyon Messier is in the ECHL, wouldn't that still make him a prospect? and in the article it says we are adding a prospcet. Can someone clarify for me?

Old
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Its not blackburn

Its defintely not Blackburn.

Heres an excerpt from his wiki

He retired after missing the entire 200304 NHL season due to a nerve injury sustained just before training camp to his left shoulder. He had nerve exploration surgery on March 31, 2004, then made an attempt to return to hockey, sporting a pair of blockers rather than the conventional blocker/catcher combination, as his injury rendered him incapable of rotating his glove hand. On February 1, 2005, he joined the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings going 390, with a 3.54 GAA in 12 games. On September 15, during the Rangers training camp, he suffered a strained MCL. Subsequently, Blackburn announced his retirement on September 25. Had Blackburn continued to attempt a comeback, he would have forfeited an insurance payout of approximately 6 million dollars.

After retiring, Dan enrolled at Arizona State University. Afterwards he became manager of business development for Goaltender Development Institute. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and Waltham, Massachusetts.[citation needed] When asked if he ever envisioned a return to hockey, he was quoted as saying, "Never, I doubt I will ever put goalie pads on again. I don't have interest in playing net." He also stated, "It's not bittersweet, you know what? I don't really miss it anymore - it's been such a long time. It was a chapter of my life and I'm on to the next....I don't have any regrets at all about what transpired or the way things happened for me. I really enjoy what I do now in the business world....From my point of view, I was really fortunate, even though I was only there for a couple of years. It really set up the rest of my life for all the things that I want to do, from there on out." [3].

He would lose 6 million of his insurance payout if he returned.

And Cherneski is pretty much done with the busted Patella.

Lyon just recently signed a contract with the Charlotte Checkers. As of Oct 31st.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
btw brendl is 5th in goals scored in the khl
now tht is a feel good story

Old
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

If its Messier I won't be excited. The kid is nothing special. He's Messier's son, great.

I'd rather sign up Leetch's kids

Old
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Please be Ryan..that'd be awesome.

If it though, you'd have to think AA or Sangs is going the other way.
If youre gonna trade those guys it should be for someone who can help immediately at the NHL level, no another prospect.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Its defintely not Blackburn.

Heres an excerpt from his wiki

He retired after missing the entire 200304 NHL season due to a nerve injury sustained just before training camp to his left shoulder. He had nerve exploration surgery on March 31, 2004, then made an attempt to return to hockey, sporting a pair of blockers rather than the conventional blocker/catcher combination, as his injury rendered him incapable of rotating his glove hand. On February 1, 2005, he joined the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings going 390, with a 3.54 GAA in 12 games. On September 15, during the Rangers training camp, he suffered a strained MCL. Subsequently, Blackburn announced his retirement on September 25. Had Blackburn continued to attempt a comeback, he would have forfeited an insurance payout of approximately 6 million dollars.

After retiring, Dan enrolled at Arizona State University. Afterwards he became manager of business development for Goaltender Development Institute. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and Waltham, Massachusetts.[citation needed] When asked if he ever envisioned a return to hockey, he was quoted as saying, "Never, I doubt I will ever put goalie pads on again. I don't have interest in playing net." He also stated, "It's not bittersweet, you know what? I don't really miss it anymore - it's been such a long time. It was a chapter of my life and I'm on to the next....I don't have any regrets at all about what transpired or the way things happened for me. I really enjoy what I do now in the business world....From my point of view, I was really fortunate, even though I was only there for a couple of years. It really set up the rest of my life for all the things that I want to do, from there on out." [3].

He would lose 6 million of his insurance payout if he returned.

And Cherneski is pretty much done with the busted Patella.

Lyon just recently signed a contract with the Charlotte Checkers. As of Oct 31st.
I don't think the Blackburn and Cherneski references were supposed to be taken seriously.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's Lyon Messier. If it were some good prospect they would probably have taken a different approach than stressing how it's a feel good story that everyone will love.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
jniklast

you know i'm not a native speaker, but if you would understand the word "ranks" as the position where the prospects are ranked, and they are all increased by one, it would have to be a new top prospect coming

(of course i know what ranks mean)

Old
11-11-2008, 02:52 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The article says this:

It is not very often when we get excited about adding another prospect but this one is special as if there was anyone who Ranger fans will adopt instantly it will be this young man.

This is the true feel good story of the season and we will be very happy to bring it you once we get the OK to do so.

Not sure Ryan would be a "feel good story".

Except he would be

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/newIceA...ryans_ama.html

I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about this.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Question: Since Lyon Messier is in the ECHL, wouldn't that still make him a prospect? and in the article it says we are adding a prospcet. Can someone clarify for me?
Messier's signed to an ECHL contract by Charlotte, his rights don't belong to the Rangers.

As I said in the prospect thread, I have a sinking feeling it is Messier. And if it is, I see no reason to be excited about it.

It's definitely some kind of signing of a previously un-signed player, not a trade, though. Only Eklund reports trade speculation with that much confidence.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
mrhockey193195

Keep in mind they said we're adding another prospect, so we should be receiving a prospect withouth giving up any (i.e. Sanguinetti and AA aren't going the other way to get Ryan).

Hopefully it is Ryan. Maybe Brian Burke got really, relly drunk and traded him for Prucha/Dawes.

Old
11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Messier's signed to an ECHL contract by Charlotte, his rights don't belong to the Rangers.

As I said in the prospect thread, I have a sinking feeling it is Messier. And if it is, I see no reason to be excited about it.

It's definitely some kind of signing of a previously un-signed player, not a trade, though. Only Eklund reports trade speculation with that much confidence.
Oh...Alright, thanks for the clarification. Then yeah, it has be Messier. Meh, I'm not really excited for it, I doubt he ends up playing for the Rangers, unless he turns into Dan Girardi 2.0.

Old
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Going out on a limb and saying it's either Messier or the other end of the Nashville deal (most probably not Radulov) coming back our way.

If you're thinking Ryan you're probably getting your hopes up.

Old
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFPatUSC View Post
Except he would be

http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/newIceA...ryans_ama.html

I'm surprised that we haven't heard more about this.
Woah, nice find. Pretty interesting read. I am actually hoping its not Messier, and it's rather someone like Ryan....but I know it's not gonna be.

Old
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Shake and Bake

soooo...we just sit and wait for news? how legit is that site

Old
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Cherepanov 71

Are we still waiting? or did I miss something

Closed Thread