HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hunter and Sutton?

Old
11-11-2008, 03:17 PM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Kostopoulos and Dandeneault are 4th liners, Koivu and Lang are playing C... all of them leaving still doesnt create room for WINGERS such as Pacioretty or D'Agostini...

so unless Tanguay or Kovalev leaves, there will be no room for WINGERS next year either... well! maybe on the 4th line...

a Bowmeester unsigned for next year is still good enough to make us a serious contender THIS year though...
For sure Bouwmeester helps our club a lot, but i think the team still miss a physical 2nd or 3rd line player other than Latendresse.Who knows how well will Latendresse play throughout this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
you're not the only one
He does cost a lot, i did mention it.
Montreal need a physical dmen,look at Vancouver defense, big, strong, tough, physicaland Luongo got his 3rd shutout in a row.i am not compairing Price to Luongo, but i really think it would help the team to get tougher on the blue line.
If only O'Byrne could play with a meaner disposition and be more physical

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-11-2008 at 03:37 PM.
mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:22 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
I dont see Chipchura or D'Agostini playing on the top 2 lines next year.
Maybe there will be space on the 3rd
next year we'll have the Kostytsins, Latendresse for sure, at least one of Tanguay or Kovalev, Higgins (no reason not to sign a 25+ goal scorer if the price tag is OK)... so that's a minimum of 5... and if we manage to sign both Kovalev and Tanguay, our fist 3 lines are full...

and we have Laraque and Lapierre for the 4th line, already signed...

So... maybe one of them on the 4th line and the other(s) still in Hamilton ?

Let's not forget that next year there will be no more Bégin, Dandeneault, Lang, Bouillon (over 8M$ saved)... that might be enough to re-sign ALL of our UFA forwards... so...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'd love a guy like salei... I dont know what his contract status is but we just need that type of player... nothing flashy or creative, but effective. A player like that would fit nicely with hamrlik and allow hamrlik to take more chances offensively (I think he would have more confidence to jump in the play).

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
He does cost a lot, i did mention it.
Montreal need a physical dmen,look at Vancouver defense, big, strong, tough, physicaland Luongo got his 3rd shutout in a row.i am not compairing Price to Luongo, but i really think it would help the team to get tougher on the blue line.
If only O'Byrne could play with a meaner disposition and be more physical
strong ? physical ? tough ? yeah maybe, but more importantly... ALL of them D are better than Sutton, including their 5th and 6th D...

Old
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
next year we'll have the Kostytsins, Latendresse for sure, at least one of Tanguay or Kovalev, Higgins (no reason not to sign a 25+ goal scorer if the price tag is OK)... so that's a minimum of 5... and if we manage to sign both Kovalev and Tanguay, our fist 3 lines are full...

and we have Laraque and Lapierre for the 4th line, already signed...

So... maybe one of them on the 4th line and the other(s) still in Hamilton ?

Let's not forget that next year there will be no more Bégin, Dandeneault, Lang, Bouillon (over 8M$ saved)... that might be enough to re-sign ALL of our UFA forwards... so...

I think we can reign everyone but it will be thight.

thereis not such a big difference between Higgins and Hunter.Higgins ,yes his a 25+ goals scorer who is a good two way forward.
Hunter is a 20+ goals scorer who is also a good two way forward but is muh more physical then Higgins and will go to the net and in front of it which is something montreal need, especially in the playoffs.

Old
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Hunter just blew one through Biron, his stock just went up

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

We definitly lack the physicality. I think Sutton would be interesting if he made less. Hunter is interesting. And for a shutdown third line center, Mike Sillinger would also be an asset to the Habs. We have Lang as third line center but he could be included in another trade(or this trade). I think the priority should be Bowmeester and if we could trade to get other elements that would bring more grit I would be all for it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
We do trade Begin and Higgins for Hunter who only cost 2 000 000$ for the next 4 compare to the 3 500 000 and maybe more that Higgins will get next year.

I am aware thatSutton cost 3 500 000$.But i dont see many physical dmen who can be on our top 4 that would'nt cost us a high draft pick or good young prospect.

I think salary cap wise this trade make sense.
We're trading Higgins to do this.... Well then HELL NO.

You also are offering Gorges in your initial proposal.... I thought the point of a fourth dman was to get O'Byrne and Breezy into the press box. Trading Gorges for Sutton solves no problems.... we have just gotten a more expensive defenceman who is no better.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'd love a guy like salei... I dont know what his contract status is but we just need that type of player... nothing flashy or creative, but effective. A player like that would fit nicely with hamrlik and allow hamrlik to take more chances offensively (I think he would have more confidence to jump in the play).
Salei has two more years at 3 025 000 in Colorado

Old
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
well...The problem is that Bouwmeester will get at least 5 500 000 next year.With Komi at minimum 4 000 000$ that makes our top 4 dmen getting 21 000 000$+ next year.
OUCH!
Rental

Old
mariolemieux66

I think we should ask Ny Islanders fans what they think of it.

Higgin, Gorges or O'Byrne and Begin
for
Hunter, Sutton a 2nd round and 5th round draft pick.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We definitly lack the physicality. I think Sutton would be interesting if he made less. Hunter is interesting. And for a shutdown third line center, Mike Sillinger would also be an asset to the Habs. We have Lang as third line center but he could be included in another trade(or this trade). I think the priority should be Bowmeester and if we could trade to get other elements that would bring more grit I would be all for it.

well, maybe not Bowmeester per se, but definitely a top 4 D in his own right, not someone that will "leech of" Hamrlik... the Leafs game was a perfect example of this leeching, without Hammer we had a 1st pair and two 3rd pair...

So, a Bowmeester, Ohlund, Morris, Salei like someone mentionned, all D that would make our 2nd pair look like a 2nd pair, maybe not a great 2nd pair but at least a decent one... even without Hamrlik (like against the Leafs).

Old
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
So we are acquiring Sillinger and dumping Lang... abandoning the plan for three offensive lines already??

Quote:
I think we should ask Ny Islanders fans what they think of it.

Higgin, Gorges or O'Byrne and Begin
for
Hunter, Sutton a 2nd round and 5th round draft pick.
You can if you want... but you seem to be the only habs fan who likes it.... thats the problem.

Higgins > Hunter
Gorges > Sutton

We have added Salary and made the team worse... congratulations.... Are you Reggie Houle??

Old
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
I think we can reign everyone but it will be thight.

thereis not such a big difference between Higgins and Hunter.Higgins ,yes his a 25+ goals scorer who is a good two way forward.
Hunter is a 20+ goals scorer who is also a good two way forward but is muh more physical then Higgins and will go to the net and in front of it which is something montreal need, especially in the playoffs.
why is everyone for trading higgins.....he is a great player with great hands and is at least a 25 goals scorer, not 2 mention hes also a leader on this team and possibly the future captain, if were trading higgins (which we wont) it wud be for a top 4 dman some1 like bouwmeester or ohlund not andy sutton!!....i really dont understand all of this...about a month ago there was a thread saying higgins for gabs and every1 said no deal higgins is 2 valuable, yet u guys are willing 2 give up higgins for 2 mediocre players

is it opposite day and no1 alerted me

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Rental
rental for what??
The cup
Yes but the problem is that Montreal need more then just Bouwmeester for the cup.
Which mean you have to give more younger players to get what is missing.

unless people are fine with trading guys like Weber, Pacioretty, McDonagh...

Old
11-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
rental for what??
The cup
Yes but the problem is that Montreal need more then just Bouwmeester for the cup.

I disagree... Add Bouwmeester and we have both the best offence in the league and the best defence in the east for sure, possibly the league....

Old
11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
why is everyone for trading higgins.....he is a great player with great hands and is at least a 25 goals scored, not 2 mention hes also a leader on this team and possibly the future captain, if were trading higgins (which we wont) it wud be for a top 4 dman some1 like bouwmeester not andy sutton!!....i really dont understand...about a month ago there was a thread saying higgins for gabs and every1 said no deal higgins is 2 valuable, yet u guys are willing 2 give up higgins for 2 mediocre players

is it opposite day and no1 alerted me

Wrong! it Higgins + another player for thoses two...

no wonder you don't like the proposal, you didnt read the whole post!

(I'm kidding btw)

Old
11-11-2008, 03:40 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
So we are acquiring Sillinger and dumping Lang... abandoning the plan for three offensive lines already??

You can if you want... but you seem to be the only habs fan who likes it.... thats the problem.

Higgins > Hunter
Gorges > Sutton

We have added Salary and made the team worse... congratulations.... Are you Reggie Houle??
i kind of like it,not in love with it but i like it

I think we hould forget about trading Higgins, young propect, unless its McDonagh or Pacioretty, and 1st round draft pick for Bouwmeestwer.
there willbe 20 other teamswilling to get this guy, its going to costa lots, i think, even if he is ufa.Bouwmeester 's only 25 years old

Old
11-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
rental for what??
The cup

i wud be fine giving up weber for a guy like BOUWMEESTER!!!..and i think u guys wud agree with me

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:47 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I disagree... Add Bouwmeester and we have both the best offence in the league and the best defence in the east for sure, possibly the league....
Agreed, outside Detroit and maybe Anaheim I don't see any other team with a better (or as good even) top 4 than Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik and JBow...

with such a top 4, guys like Bouillon and Gorges would play 6 or 7 minutes per game.

and offensively, with JBow on the 2nd pair our transition game would be sick!!

and our PP...

Old
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
i kind of like it,not in love with it but i like it

I think we hould forget about trading Higgins, young propect, unless its McDonagh or Pacioretty, and 1st round draft pick for Bouwmeestwer.
there willbe 20 other teamswilling to get this guy, its going to costa lots, i think, even if he is ufa.Bouwmeester 's only 25 years old
Lots of people wanted Hossa last year and look what he cost
Christensen + Armstrong + Esposito + 1st round (29th overall) for Hossa + Dupuis

I think we could get Bouwmeester for the following package

O'Byrne (NHL ready D for florida)
+
Florida's choice 1 D prospect (cannot choose McD or Subban)
+
Florida's choice 1 of Fwd prospect (cannot choose Maxwell or Pacioretty)
+
1st rounder

So they could have O'Byrne, Weber, D'agostini, and a 1st
------------------------------------------------------------

Also like I said Gorges is better than sutton... so what does aquiring him solve.... you have made the defence worse, and one of Brisebois, Obyrne is still in the lineup... so what have you done with this trade?

Old
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Maybe those plans were stupid? We didn't go further in the playoffs in my opinion because of our lack of killer instinct yet we decide that we want even more softies all throughout our offense. Because it's a given that the scoring lines do not check as much. The ideal would be that our third line would have both skill and grit and you play them againt the other teams' top lines. As long as the coach plays everybody.

My 2 Cents.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Maybe those plans were stupid? We didn't go further in the playoffs in my opinion because of our lack of killer instinct yet we decide that we want even more softies all throughout our offense. Because it's a given that the scoring lines do not check as much. The ideal would be that our third line would have both skill and grit and you play them againt the other teams' top lines. As long as the coach plays everybody.

My 2 Cents.
I'm sorry but I don't see Gainey giving up on the plan 12 games into the season when we have an 8-2-2 record. I don't see him giving up on the plan before at least trying it in the playoffs once.

Our team is not built to have a third line defensive line. If you find a way to fit Sillinger under the cap and stick him on a line with Lappierre on the wing and Kostopolous on the other wing well i think we might consider that... but to replace Lang, i don't think its realistic to expect Gainey to make such a move.

Old
11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I love Sutton he's a great player! He would look even better next to Hamrlik. The only problem is his price tag, he earns a lot of money and with Komi contract coming up we need space.

I don't like your proposal of giving up Higgins for him because he's a big part of the team and adds a lot of things we need. Your trade proposal is a lateral move at best and i think it's probaly not what Gainey is looking for. Id be ready to give up O'Byrne and an NHL ready foward like D'Agostini for Sutton. They would be a victims of the win-now mode the team is in at the moment. If it's not enough for them then id look around im sure Dallas would like to get some prospects for Boucher if they arent in the playoffs picture by feb.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
You guys want to stay away from Sutton. He can show some flashes of inspiration offensively, but he is awful in his own zone. I promise you that is not a contract you want to have for the next couple of years.
I completely agree...that would be a dreadful contract to be stuck with for the next two seasons.

Hunter is ok, but not at the cost of Higgins.

The Habs need to be very careful with the contract(s) they take on going into next season. We are already in tight just trying to keep most of our key players....taking on more salary for next year would certainly mean losing at least one of Koivu, Kovalev or Tanguay.

There are better options out there for making a run this season. We need to look at top 4 d-men that will be UFAs after this season....Ohlund, Schneider, D. Morris...

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote