HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

florida-Chicago

Old
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
DJ ROCHE

vCash: 500
florida-Chicago

Martin Havlat and Nikolai Khabibulin and a 1 rounder
for Tomas Vokoun and Jay Bouwmeester and Radek Dvorak

DJ ROCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Zim

Why would Florida ever consider this? Also it just doesn't work for Chicago since they would have Huet and Vokoun.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

The Panthers don't really need to replace Vokoun.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:34 AM
AlMo

Why on earth does FLA do this? They lose in all aspects of the trade. I think Vokoun is better than Khabby and he is also signed beyond next season. Bouwmeester has much, much more value that Havlat. With Havlat being a UFA and often injured, I can't see why Martin would want Marty in FLA. This deal makes 0 sense for FLA.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Piffle

Besides the fact that the value is off, Chicago doesn't need to add assets on defense. We are already top-heavy there. If we are going to trade for anything it will be good young forwards.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djroche View Post
Martin Havlat and Nikolai Khabibulin and a 1 rounder
for Tomas Vokoun and Jay Bouwmeester and Radek Dvorak
And you're a Panthers fan?

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:29 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

I had to do a double take when I saw this proposal. I wasnt sure if I could actually believe what I read.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Value is off for Florida and it doesn't remotely help Chicago's needs. In other words, no from both sides.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Why on earth does FLA do this? They lose in all aspects of the trade. I think Vokoun is better than Khabby and he is also signed beyond next season. Bouwmeester has much, much more value that Havlat. With Havlat being a UFA and often injured, I can't see why Martin would want Marty in FLA. This deal makes 0 sense for FLA.
Only reasons why I could see FLA doing a deal like this is:

1) If they aren't happy w/ Vokoun. AFAIK - he's not the problem, but maybe management in FLA doesn't agree.
2) If they want to rebuild their team - they'd be adding a CHI's 1st round DP, and likely be able to move both Havlat & Bulin at the deadline for add'l 1st round DP's. They could get a very good return from J-Bo regardless, but it would allow them to likely get something good for Bulin as well.

Agree that it's pretty unlikely from both sides. Even though the value would be in CHI's favor, they don't want a repeat of this year's goalie $ debacle, which would happen w/ both Vokoun & Huet under contract for next year. In addition the deal would create a(nother) hole among top 6 forwards while creating an embarrasment of riches on the blueline, and they would have pretty much 0% chance of freeing up enough $'s to resign J-Bo, and the deal really doesn't work from CHI's POV either.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

a) the goalie swap isnt happening. vokoun is better and makes less.
b) jacques wasn't exactly fond of havlat in ottawa. I doubt he considers Havlat + 1st for JBo.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
EddieTheEagle

Hahaha, just close this thread. There is no way this would ever happen. Florida gets absolutely pillaged.

EddieTheEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:27 PM
DJ ROCHE

sorry but vokoun sucks, you guys aren't at the games like i am. this guy lets soft goals that kills the team. On the other hand nick has a cup and knows what it takes to win the cup. trade jay he sucks also get martin and that helps us up front with goals.

DJ ROCHE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Teemu

Quote:
sorry but vokoun sucks, you guys aren't at the games like i am. this guy lets soft goals that kills the team. On the other hand nick has a cup and knows what it takes to win the cup. trade jay he sucks also get martin and that helps us up front with goals.
Jacques Martin? Is that you?

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Martyros

Horrible.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Only reasons why I could see FLA doing a deal like this is:

1) If they aren't happy w/ Vokoun. AFAIK - he's not the problem, but maybe management in FLA doesn't agree.
2) If they want to rebuild their team - they'd be adding a CHI's 1st round DP, and likely be able to move both Havlat & Bulin at the deadline for add'l 1st round DP's. They could get a very good return from J-Bo regardless, but it would allow them to likely get something good for Bulin as well.

Agree that it's pretty unlikely from both sides. Even though the value would be in CHI's favor, they don't want a repeat of this year's goalie $ debacle, which would happen w/ both Vokoun & Huet under contract for next year. In addition the deal would create a(nother) hole among top 6 forwards while creating an embarrasment of riches on the blueline, and they would have pretty much 0% chance of freeing up enough $'s to resign J-Bo, and the deal really doesn't work from CHI's POV either.

I doubt either Havlat or Bulin wall brings 1st rounders at the deadline. This is going to be a strong draft, or at least a top heavy draft. I think it will be more like the typical year in which only 2 or 3 first rounders are moved (as opposed to the year where guys like Guerin landed a first rounder).

11-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Not enough.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I doubt either Havlat or Bulin wall brings 1st rounders at the deadline. This is going to be a strong draft, or at least a top heavy draft. I think it will be more like the typical year in which only 2 or 3 first rounders are moved (as opposed to the year where guys like Guerin landed a first rounder).
If a team that considers itself a cup contender gets a crippling goaltender injury, he could bring a first round pick, but I don't believe the Hawks are interested in more picks at the current time.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
sorry but vokoun sucks, you guys aren't at the games like i am. this guy lets soft goals that kills the team.
Every goalie lets in soft goals. It's how you bounce back from them that shows how good you are, and Vokoun is about as mentally tough as they come. I had the pleasure of seeing the guy play consistently for 8 years, so I should know. He's also the starting goaltender for the Czech National Team, and that definitely counts for something.

Besides, if the teams could generate any kind of offense, or at least get the forwards to play defense, Vokoun would look a hell of a lot better.

Quote:
On the other hand nick has a cup and knows what it takes to win the cup.
It takes good team defense, solid, reliable goaltending, substantial depth on the blue line, and consistent scoring and depth of scoring up front. Florida have two out of four at the moment, and an aging Khabibulin and the Glass Havlat are not going to help rectify the two they lack.

And who the hell said Florida were thinking about a Cup at all? If I'm Martin, I'm thinking about Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson before I'm thinking about a Cup. Khabibulin will have long-since retired when the Panthers are talking about making another run for the Cup.

Quote:
trade jay he sucks also get martin and that helps us up front with goals.
Bouwmeester has had a rough start to the season. So has Dan Hamhuis. Doesn't mean either of them suck. Bouwmeester, at 25, has already scored 15 goals and been named to the All-Star game. That's not something a lot of players his age can lay claim to, not to mention a World Cup and a pair of World Championships while representing his country. You don't get that stuff at his age if you suck as bad as you apparently believe. He's Florida's biggest trade asset right now and will be used to acquire some major, long-term offensive solutions, not an injury-prone pending UFA like Havlat. And that's if he's moved at all.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote