HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Park Rumor (Mitch Gaulton close to return)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I'll throw in the other 25%... It's Messier.
If it is that is a major **** tease

Old
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
NYR Viper

i dont think its messier......

something tells me its bigger than that.....

Old
11-11-2008, 05:24 PM
broadwayblue

I thought the Messier kid wasn't anything special...when they interviewed Mark about his chances earlier this season he wasn't exactly singing the kids praises.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Then I guess he hides it very well.
I dont think Marley was being sarcastic in anyway. Bouwmeester downie and espo are all young good players. He simply forgot about that bouw is not a prospect anymore.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I thought the Messier kid wasn't anything special...when they interviewed Mark about his chances earlier this season he wasn't exactly singing the kids praises.
You know what, now that I think about it, I'd say that it's probably a 50/50 chance that it is Messier.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
oooooooooooooooohhhhhh i get it now

Old
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I remember Mark and Sam saying he got a late start playing and developing his game but they see promise there. I doubt 12 games into an ECHL season has risen his stock that much. Aside from Messier what are other realistic options?

Old
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Blueshirt24

What makes anyone think it's a "big" addition? Prospect Park is a weak little site that's just trying to generate some buzz by being cute with the wording on a minor signing.

All the article says is that Rangers fans will be "happy" and that it's a "feel good" story.

That reads as "MESSIER'S KID" to me. Take the making Rangers fans happy as in the sense of "always happy to have another Messier on board" or "ah, that's nice; we got Messier's kid in the system" not like "Holy crap, YES!!! I can't believe we got ______!!".

I doubt this is a big move; probably not even news worthy - which would be why Prospect Park is the only place mentioning anything at all.

11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Shake and Bake

So, what's the deal with Messiers son? He is currently playing for Charlotte but remains unsigned? How old is he? He isn't eligible to enter the draft?

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt24 View Post
What makes anyone think it's a "big" addition? Prospect Park is a weak little site that's just trying to generate some buzz by being cute with the wording on a minor signing.

All the article says is that Rangers fans will be "happy" and that it's a "feel good" story.

That reads as "MESSIER'S KID" to me. Take the making Rangers fans happy as in the sense of "always happy to have another Messier on board" not like "HOLY ***** YES!!! I can't believe we got ______!!".
i just dont think they would be all over something like that.....i could understand if he was an up and coming legit NHL prospect....but messier is a project....

Old
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
ok let's end it, it's stupid and can't possibly be messier

Old
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
ok let's end it, it's stupid and can't possibly be messier
How's that?

Old
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i just dont think they would be all over something like that.....i could understand if he was an up and coming legit NHL prospect....but messier is a project....

I think they would be all over it because they're a small site and they're trying to generate some buzz on any tid bit of information that they have exclusively. I doubt it's anything big.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
LyNX27

Personally its probably going to be Messier, but to be totally honest with you it feels like the Rangers are going to try to pick up someone a little bigger in terms of ability, mainly cause of the recent loss of Chere, and the sudden depression which is our Prospects (not to say they suck, they just dont look as deep)

Radoulov might be one, who knows, might be the "Future Considerations" and it would certainly explain how Prospect Park would know who it is.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
To me, any guy at the front end of his career is a prospect, I don't pay much attention to 24- or 120 GP non-sense.

As far as Downie, I didn't read that last little paragraph about the story of the season. I was finding it ridiculous how everyone was sayin "feel-good" story.

I was under the impression Angelo was Phil 's son....?

But why are we all assuming it's a legacy player like Geoffrion or Messier?
I understand what you mean as far as the whole "front end of the career" thing, but you didn't write the article, and therefore the only way to interpret what a prospect is in the context is based on what they view as a prospect. I'm 99% certain that by prospect they mean a guy who hasn't proven himself in the NHL yet.

Angelo is of no relation to Phil, although that's a common misconception.

And I think you said you get it, but when you link the words "feel good story", " All Ranger fans will take him in", etc, you think of either a person with Ranger ties or a person that overcame something to reach this point.

And Gong, I think this proves he was hardly being sarcastic...

Old
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Personally its probably going to be Messier, but to be totally honest with you it feels like the Rangers are going to try to pick up someone a little bigger in terms of ability, mainly cause of the recent loss of Chere, and the sudden depression which is our Prospects (not to say they suck, they just dont look as deep)

Radoulov might be one, who knows, might be the "Future Considerations" and it would certainly explain how Prospect Park would know who it is.

I'm sure we will try to add someone bigger to help with the loss of Cherry, but what makes you think this is that move? Just because we are signing a prospect doesn't mean it's THE prospect; this sounds like a minor move that a very minor news outlet caught wind of and is trying to get people interested in.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
And Gong, I think this proves he was hardly being sarcastic...
Yeah, I'm 0-2 right now, I'm just gonna sign off.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm sure we will try to add someone bigger to help with the loss of Cherry, but what makes you think this is that move? Just because we are signing a prospect doesn't mean it's THE prospect; this sounds like a minor move that a very minor news outlet caught wind of and is trying to get people interested in.
see but signing another borderline 7th defenseman or lower line forward doesnt make sense to me.....the rangers system is FULL of those types of players who they drafted....its not those holes they will have a problem filling...its the holes higher up.....i mean looking at the names of the prospects its obvious the one glaring weakness is a big, tough, phsyical defenseman and a goal scoring winger.....everything else the rangers have

Old
11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
see but signing another borderline 7th defenseman or lower line forward doesnt make sense to me.....the rangers system is FULL of those types of players who they drafted....its not those holes they will have a problem filling...its the holes higher up.....i mean looking at the names of the prospects its obvious the one glaring weakness is a big, tough, phsyical defenseman and a goal scoring winger.....everything else the rangers have

That's completely irrelevant. Team's sign guys who will never make it to the bigs all the time. Just because some small time site is reporting on a "feel good" signing doesn't mean it addresses any of our needs. Don't you think we'd have to give something up to address those needs? Do you think there's just some unsigned gem out there who not only addresses one of our major needs but also would instantly be adopted by Rangers fans (more so than "anyone" else) and who is a feel good story? I'm sure there will be moves made but I think everyone's going to be disappointed when we find out what this is.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
broadwayblue

This thread/rumor has "bust" written all over it.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Very possibly could be that, but only reason im saying that is, How would they know who the prospect is if it hasn't been announced and no ones else has really caught wind of it...

So im thinking its gotta be someone from Nashville, if not him, or Lyons.

Old
11-11-2008, 05:53 PM
LyNX27

or who knows...

Shanny?

BTW, this was also the picture that was included with the article, any hints here?!?! haha

Old
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Blueshirt24

Quote:
or who knows...

Shanny?

Old
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
or who knows...

Shanny?

BTW, this was also the picture that was included with the article, any hints here?!?! haha

For a second, I thought that said Carcillo. Either way I wouldn't mind

Old
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Very possibly could be that, but only reason im saying that is, How would they know who the prospect is if it hasn't been announced and no ones else has really caught wind of it...

So im thinking its gotta be someone from Nashville, if not him, or Lyons.
Because it's a minor thing. What major or semi-major news source would spend time and energy into investigating about the signing of some minor player? Does CNN cover the election of the mayor of Ithaca? And does your local town paper report breaking national news before CNN, NY Times, LA Times, etc. get to it? That's more or less the equivalent of this current situation.

Closed Thread