HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

simple Ott - MTL

Old
11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Komisarek08

vCash: 500
simple Ott - MTL

In this new hockey world where to make a trade you also have to consider trade contract and years remaining and age.

To MTL - Cristoph Schubert
To OTT - Ryan O'Byrne + 4/5th round pick.

MTL gets another rocket of a shot from the point and right handed to boot so Markov can go back to playing the left side on the PP.

OTT gets a HUGE young D=man who seems to be reluctent to use his size but can easily be developed in the right situation.

Schubert isin't getting much D time in OTT and O'Byrne is low in confidence right now and could maybe use a change of scenery.

Money, age and years remaining work for both sides.

What does everyone think ??? Might be hard to justify a divisonal trade but it helps both sides.

Komisarek08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Maybe I'm misinformed, but does Schubert actually have a "rocket shot"? First I've heard of it.

Anyway - no thanks from MTL.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Pringles

i heard during one game is that it is over 100 mph... I can't remember exactly though what it was

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Komisarek08

In 2005-2006 sens skills comp ( rookie season ) he ripped off a 102.1 mph shot and had the farnchise record until Zdeno Tee'd off a 103.2 MPH shot.

it's been a few years and Schubert has only gotten stronger plus he has the versatility going for him that he can play foward as well.

Old
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Huh, I never knew. Has Ottawa ever used him on the PP in a Streit type role?

I dunno, I hear a lot of negative things about him from Sens fans. I'm not O'Byrne's biggest fan but I think that's an overpayment from MTL.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:40 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Huh, I never knew. Has Ottawa ever used him on the PP in a Streit type role?
He's got a helluva shot, but it's a head-seeking laser. He rarely hits the net, and seems to have difficulty keeping it low. He's got the tools and will be a good top 4 who can play in all situations if he can figure it all out.

That said, I jump at this trade, even without the pick. I don't think the Habs would be too thrilled about it though.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
The Dion

Not a bad trade but you should know that Schubert is a left handed shot. As an Ottawa fan, I'd keep Schubert...he has size, speed and is very versatile (Can play either wing on forward or defence). With more time on defence, he'll put up some points as he plays the second unit pp. He does have a very hard shot from the point as well.
This point is moot anyway...Ottawa and Montreal would not trade with each other.

The Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Komisarek08

My bad, I meant to say left handed to compliment Markov's set up pass at the point.

You are correct it is highly unlikely that these two teams would trade together but hey .... we were able to get Doug Gilmour at one point in time and that is something I would never seen possible.

Basically this proposal is to get MTL a power shot from the point without having to bring up Yannik Weber as he needs seasoning in Hamilton before he gets his shot at the big stage.

Cheers

Old
11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Squeaky

O'Byrnes got a pretty strong slapper that can't hit the net too, so does Komisarek.

I'd rather keep O'Byrne. Certainly not going to add a pick. Personally, I don't think Schubert holds much value at all.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:32 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

wouldnt really care. Meh trade for me.

And schubie is getting his time on d now. You guys are about 2 weeks late.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'd rather stay the course with O'Byrne, he still has nice upside, and Schubert doesn't exactly have enough of a resume to warrant any change in plans. Habs fans should just be patient with O'Byrne.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
officeglen

If you make this deal in the next 5 minutes, the Sens will throw in an autographed stick

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote