HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chris Higgins Hat Trick

Old
11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Anyone know Higgins' shootout record?
Ive actually been trying to find that stat for the last half hour now.

found it...

he is 1 for 7 in his career

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
brownman*

vCash: 500
Higgins' bread and butter, in his early days, on breakaways was putting it under the blocker arm (IMO). He never seems to resort to it in shootouts (not that I can recall anyway), the only recollection I have is vs Aubin and the Leafs but he's a lefty-catcher so he gloved it right up.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:00 AM
kevanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
What if we start a new tradition that whenever a Habs player scores a hat-trick, they show Sandrine Balthazaar taking her top off on the megatron?
I vote yes to this motion.

kevanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Philanthropist

Higgggy U Da Mayne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I have said that so many times but some guys here take pride on bashing a girl, don't agree just ignore and show some class.
It is easier I guess to do that online than face to face.
bro i throw down in real life cuz i got it like that.

Last edited by Galchenyuk x 27: 11-12-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I have been a critic of Higgins, but I'll be the first to admit he had a great game. If this game is an indication of things to come I'll be really excited. Unfortunately, Higgins rarely shows this kind of finish. Usually he will miss the wide open net on his 2nd goal and Higgy rarely scores on breakaways. That being said, if this game is a sign that he has found his finish it can only mean good things for the Habs.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Didn't get to watch the game, but when I checked out the scores today, I punched air once seeing the final score, and then two more times seeing that Higgins got the hatty. I rarely get that excited when just looking at scores. As others have already pointed out, with Higgins it seems to be about confidence, so hopefully last nights performance will kick start a great season for Higgins and the Habs.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I have been a critic of Higgins, but I'll be the first to admit he had a great game. If this game is an indication of things to come I'll be really excited. Unfortunately, Higgins rarely shows this kind of finish. Usually he will miss the wide open net on his 2nd goal and Higgy rarely scores on breakaways. That being said, if this game is a sign that he has found his finish it can only mean good things for the Habs.
Does he miss some chances yes.... but players who "lack finish" don't score 27g in a season.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
What's this thing on your avy for god sake?!

Oh, and great game by Higgins. He can be a stellar player when he puts himself in puck reception mode rather than puck possession mode...
Faint praise but this makes no sense. The game is a series of situations not "modes" that a player selects from a dial.

Solid player that Higgins.

Thank goodness that Higgins gets offensively productive nights from time to time, if only to remind us what a solid hockey player he is, and mute the people who haven't clued into that yet.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

I'm very happy for Higgins

Hopefully, he keeps this up to remind us Hab fans how good he really is when he's on top of his game...I don't know if the issue with him is confidence or injuries, but right now, he's on. What more can you ask for: smart at both ends, speedy, strong in the corners, good wrist shot, good vision...he's a complete package, and easily one of the top 30 LWs in the game (making him a first-line calibre player, for those who like labels).

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 05:21 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
At this point the bashing of Erika is actually much more annoying then her harping on about Higgins <<< S.Kost.

When one poster had her agenda and stuck to it, it was a bit silly but a fairly harmless crush. Now we have half a dozen or so people chiming in, just to put it in her face, when Higgins has a terrific game.

Believe it or not, the latter is actually more pathetic and annoying. The fact that it's "in vogue" to continue doing it says an awful lot more about the playground here than the beautiful "are we really that bad" thread on the main board.

Yep, seems like we really are that bad....for shame.

Great game from Higgins, I'm pretty sure EVERY poster here is happy for the outcome!
You're absolutely right, my Assinboian friend.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
He was flying all over the ice last night. Well deserved for him and I was loving it. That line is really starting to gel and they were creating chances all night.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
I have said that so many times but some guys here take pride on bashing a girl, don't agree just ignore and show some class.
Are you for real? This post sounds kind of sexist. It's all in good fun, & I'm not seeing any death threats here.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 06:45 AM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Are you for real? This post sounds kind of sexist. It's all in good fun, & I'm not seeing any death threats here.
Don't say that, your post will be deleted.
Just like mine. Woohoo, we're allowed to bash a player night and day for no reason, and to post something against people bashing a girl (off-topic) but we're not allowed to answer those who do that...Good job mods!

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Some people, when they bash her, do involve her sex. I see it a lot more often when people defend her, its always "to get laid" and not because they agree with her. If people want to be as ridiculous as her and agree, they can go right ahead.

To me, shes just another supposed Hab fan who spends more time supporting individuals than the entire team. I don't like those sort of Hab fans. The truth is, if Sergei Kostitsyn was traded away from the Habs, much like Cristobal Huet, she'd probably leave the boards. The same goes for our Kovalev nutcase. Those are not Hab fans to me.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:50 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
I don't think it has to do with the fact that she's a girl, b/c there's three more of us here that I know of (one of whom has "girl" right in her screen name) and we don't get bashed the same way. Of course, we come into GDTs and PGTs and trade threads to discuss hockey, not to repeatedly praise one player and bash two others.

There are definitely posters who overdo it bashing Erika and should just put her on ignore, but I don't see references to her gender very often. Our Kovy-lover gets bashed similarly and he's a guy.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I don't think it has to do with the fact that she's a girl, b/c there's three more of us here that I know of (one of whom has "girl" right in her screen name) and we don't get bashed the same way. Of course, we come into GDTs and PGTs and trade threads to discuss hockey, not to repeatedly praise one player and bash two others.

There are definitely posters who overdo it bashing Erika and should just put her on ignore, but I don't see references to her gender very often. Our Kovy-lover gets bashed similarly and he's a guy.
Church. Couldn't have said it any better.

Great night for Chris, hope he keeps it up!

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
ChickenHabsFan

No offense but I think people can now see why Higgins is better than Lats on the first line.

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post

The problem with Ericka, is that she posts so many stupid things that people end up quoting her and we still see her clueless posts... and her annoying smiley

so i prefer to bash her at every possbile situations: satifying

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
It amazes me that you can't even give props when it's deserved and then claim to be a habs fan. Pathetic, really.
Remember, she's a double agent, expressing love for the Habs and Sens. Too bad she sees Habs players as rivals to #74 rather than as teammates.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Corey

Quote:
At this point the bashing of Erika is actually much more annoying then her harping on about Higgins <<< S.Kost.

When one poster had her agenda and stuck to it, it was a bit silly but a fairly harmless crush. Now we have half a dozen or so people chiming in, just to put it in her face, when Higgins has a terrific game.

Believe it or not, the latter is actually more pathetic and annoying. The fact that it's "in vogue" to continue doing it says an awful lot more about the playground here than the beautiful "are we really that bad" thread on the main board.

Yep, seems like we really are that bad....for shame.

Great game from Higgins, I'm pretty sure EVERY poster here is happy for the outcome!

Your judgmental post reflects your opinion. It's hardly a consensus on this forum. I for one reject it, thank you.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Habitants

Higgins is here to stay!

i was in 410 with my Higgins jersey yelling like a madman!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 09:03 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Also...a bit OT, but WHAT feeds from Saku (and obviously great hand-eye from Chris to handle them)! If only Dandy and Laps could finish those (no complaints, just wishing, they did their jobs).
Ya, Saku was on fire tonight. I'm thrilled with his play this year. If things keep going the way they are, he's got a good chance of having a career year. It's too bad that he only now gets a real first line winger.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:17 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Some people, when they bash her, do involve her sex. I see it a lot more often when people defend her, its always "to get laid" and not because they agree with her. If people want to be as ridiculous as her and agree, they can go right ahead.

To me, shes just another supposed Hab fan who spends more time supporting individuals than the entire team. I don't like those sort of Hab fans. The truth is, if Sergei Kostitsyn was traded away from the Habs, much like Cristobal Huet, she'd probably leave the boards. The same goes for our Kovalev nutcase. Those are not Hab fans to me.
I said this many times and I guess is part of the Hfboards rules too; criticize a post but donít attack the poster.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Actually the "bashing" of Erika is more about the bashing of a poster who's there only when it favours her opinion. I bash a lot of players, I bashed Timmins and some draft picks, still have strong opinions on certain things....but always go and admit when I'm wrong and always say that if it lasts 1 game, 1 year or 1 career, I'll always come and say that if they make my team win, if I have to eat tons of crow, I'll do it. But seems to me that some people in here prefer to look good than for the team to look good. I just have a lot of trouble with posters who prefers to be a fan of certains players than to be a fan of the team.

Everybody can have opinions....strong ones........but at one point, we know how you feel and you have to let it go. I know that as a fan of the TEAM, there's nothing more I'd like but to see my team succeed even if it means that I was totally wrong on some opinions I had....I don't think it's the case for everybody and it gets tiresome. And the thing is, and it's not only about her, those posters sometimes have valid opinions and can bring a lot to this board. But then, they seems to prefer to annoy people than to discuss with them....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Very happy for him. Well deserved!
indeed ... I have to say, if he plays with the same energy every night, its going to be scary... with tanguay playing on the right ... potential potential

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote