HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruutu suspended 2 games

Old
11-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Spectaculard
On your knees, Lucy

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Laraque made a beeline towards Ruutu but Lapierre was kneeled down (after the hit) in front of him and got in his way, that's when Bouillon stepped in.
I thought I saw Neil step in infront of Laraque?

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Alfredsson11

Perhaps if he hit Kovalev or Koivu its a different story....I would be surprised if he gets suspended, or if he does 1 game max. The fact that it was on Lapierre there will likely be little displineary action..

AS for fighting Laraque, why would he?

The game is pretty much over, 3-0 at that point, Laraque is a much bigger man then Jarkko or Chris Neil so why would either one of them fight them...they know there probably gonna get the crap kicked out of them so why bother...its probably not gonna change the momentum of the game for our side so its pointless to fight him...there are more people than Ruutu and Neil who would walk away from him so I wouldnt call him a chicken *****, I would call it knowing your place...

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I thought I saw Neil step in infront of Laraque?
That was after Laraque almost stumbled over Lapierre and Bouillon got tangled up with Ruutu.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Was watching Detroit-Pitt and didn't see anything but this clip, so I do apologize. I was simply wondering though. Did Georges get him later?
He kept trying to get him to go but Ruutu got himself kicked out of the game on purpose to avoid him. After Laraque was trying to go with Neil but he pussed out too.

BTW What's up with half the Bruins fans saying this hit was perfectly ok? What a bunch of vagines.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan75 View Post
Perhaps if he hit Kovalev or Koivu its a different story....I would be surprised if he gets suspended, or if he does 1 game max. The fact that it was on Lapierre there will likely be little displineary action..

The game is pretty much over, 3-0 at that point, Laraque is a much bigger man then Jarkko or Chris Neil so why would either one of them fight them...they know there probably gonna get the crap kicked out of them so why bother...its probably not gonna change the momentum of the game for our side so its pointless to fight him...there are more people than Ruutu and Neil who would walk away from him so I wouldnt call him a chicken *****, I would call it knowing your place...
Maybe so...but Neil has made a habit of running the Habs best players over the years when both teams faced off. Now that Laraque is a Hab, he gets all 'polite'? Naw man...I like Neil, but he's going to have to drop em' at some point vs. Laraque this year.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Wonder what Dean McCammond said to Ruutu after?

It's amazing how (I know Ruutu wasn't there, but wouldn't matter anyhow), these guys pull this crap even after their teammates have been victims of the same acts? I wonder if this is said in the dressing room after? Something tells me no.

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:21 AM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:

F that he is chicken chit, embarassment to the league. The Sens suck and now they have to put up with this idiots antics.. GL

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:22 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Funny you ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He kept trying to get him to go but Ruutu got himself kicked out of the game on purpose to avoid him. After Laraque was trying to go with Neil but he pussed out too.

BTW What's up with half the Bruins fans saying this hit was perfectly ok? What a bunch of vagines.
I agree. If that was a Bruins player, they'd be going nuts, but I see the same stuff here and on every board. I commend those who look betond team loyalty and see it as a hockey fan.

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:22 AM
JTWymanFan*

[QUOTE=waffledave;16281630]He kept trying to get him to go but Ruutu got himself kicked out of the game on purpose to avoid him. After Laraque was trying to go with Neil but he pussed out too.

BTW What's up with half the Bruins fans saying this hit was perfectly ok? What a bunch of vagines.[/QUOTE]

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

Half of all Bruins fans have their heads up their ***** so most headshots look perfectly clean to them.

That's why Komisarek low-bridging Lucille was the crime of the century. Came very close to giving him a concussion.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Ottawa Senators' forward Jarkko Ruutu is getting called on the carpet.

The NHL has scheduled a disciplinary hearing today for Ruutu, who in the third period of last night's game against the Montreal Canadiens, elbowed Maxim Lapierre in the head.

Lapierre did not appear to suffer any injury on the play and Ruutu was assessed a two-minute minor for charging. But the infraction did violate at least two tenets of the NHL's policy on hits to the head. One, Ruutu appeared to target Lapierre's head and only made contact with the head. Two, the hit was delivered with an elbow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2555...=secStory_main

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Are you actually really wondering why? Pretty simple 'cause ?&/%? Frenchies, !/$!"/$! divers, $%&*%&* softies...

Those types of great retarded and immature posts.....I stopped wondering why for a long time now...they're just in a class of their own...it has to be a moral victory to be that dumb....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:

Troll.... I agree both those guys are out of their weight category with BGL ...but. Neil is one yappy little turd. Always calling guys out that he knows don't fight. Neil is only slightly higher on the evolutionary scale than Avery. He's a turtler and picks his spots. Ruutu on the other hand is an embarrassment. He's not well liked and few players have any respect for him. I was shock he fought Cube. So yes I would call them both poultry dung.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:53 AM
AH

Quote:

They are all over it since this happened to the dirtiest player on the dirtiest team in the league.

Funny, I didn't know they spelled Kumisarek as Laperriere from the vagines they comes from

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:00 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Everyone hates Lapierre?

Ever since that elbow on Lapierre, I've noticed most fans of other teams saying he deserved it because he's "such a dirty player."

Pierre McGuire also mentioned on TSN how most players hate Lapierre for the way he plays.

My question is since when is Lapierre a dirty player? I don't notice him player dirty at all. I mean yeah he's VERY annoying because of how aggressive he is on the forecheck but I don't notice cheap shots.

Where is this all coming from? It's like he's universally regarded as megadirty by all kinds of (whining) other fans. He plays a gritty game but I'm wondering where all the "dirtiest player in the league" talk came from.

The Crosby butt end like 2 years ago?

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He's on the dirty side, as is Begin. That's good imo we need some dirt.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
TCIH

He has a reputation of getting in players' faces and not backing it up by dropping the gloves. He's seen more as a pest around the league, and some people take exception to those players by default.

TCIH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
AH

Maybe because he doesn't drop his gloves enough for the way he plays?

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I'm not talking about dropping the gloves, Maxim won't hesitate for a second to line you up and run when you're in a vulnerable position. He'll also low bridge you or get his elbows up, leave his feet etc.
Honestly, not that any of those the hallmarks of a good tough player, but I do not see him doing that either.

I really liked Lapierre in his first half season call up. Since then, I have not been impressed. His toughness and offensive game are just not there yet.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
33Roy33

I think with how obvious a head shot that Ruutu threw and the fact that He has a hearing for today I think we will see a 3-5 game suspension.

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
1UP

http://www.rds.ca/senateurs/chroniques/263412.html

He will have to answer for his actions.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Habs

Here's the thing, the NHL didn't suspend Sauer after his hit on AK, so they are really filling their pants on this one. If they suspend Ruutu on a hit less severe than the AK hit to the head, how do they explain this?

If its not a Leaf player getting an owwwie, don't expect any punishment.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Turbo

Quote:

I agree. He has a hearing scheduled so we'll see.

I'm surprised there's even a hearing on this but I guess the league wants to at least look into these incidents in more details nowadays. They seem to punish by severity of consequences so I don't expect to see anything.

Damn, the Habs are really starting to get nice new rivalries going though... Lucie, Grabs, now Ruutu... season is looking promising!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:17 AM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
http://www.rds.ca/senateurs/chroniques/263412.html

He will have to answer for his actions.
The blow of elbow to the head of Jarrko Ruttu at the place of Maxim Lapierre is not unperceived past near the national League.
The Finn will have to meet the prefect of discipline of the LNH, Wednesday, for his gesture made in third period.
Lapierre was not wounded on the play and Ruutu was seen decreeing a minor penalty for attack. Despite everything, the infringement violated two policies of the national League about the blows with the head. The first, Ruutu only seemed to aim at the head of Lapierre. The second, the blow was given with the elbow.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Honestly, not that any of those the hallmarks of a good tough player, but I do not see him doing that either.

I really liked Lapierre in his first half season call up. Since then, I have not been impressed. His toughness and offensive game are just not there yet.
I never mentioned toughness, Lapierre plays with an edge (often over the edge), think Claude Lemieux without the scoring touch. The kind of guy who will dish out the odd cheapshot.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote