HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would it take to get Turris...

Old
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I realize that Turris is going to be amazing rt, but I don't think you can demand high caliber proven talent for potential high caliber talent.
Yes you can actually. Phoenix has no reason to trade Turris so unless some team overpays, they have no incentive to move him.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

So someone starts a thread with a hypothetical trade asking what it would take for the Flames to get Turris, full and well acknowledging that there is no way at all he will be traded. But he wants to know what kind of return we would accept. Phx fans respond with hyperbole by mentioning Phaneuf, ect as an example of the completely, out of this world, return Phx would have to recieve in order to even think abouy moving Kyle.

Then, people get all up in arms acting like thats a complete overpayment and we're ridiculous for "demanding" that kind of talent in return. The notion of Turris being traded in the first place, as the OP had mentioned, is just as silly as a player like Phaneuf being traded for a guy like Turris.

This is why these hypothecial trade threads are useless.

"What do u want for Kyle Turris?"

"The moon, a leprechaun, 500lbs of gold and Pandora's box"

"WHAT! R U NUTS? No way is Turris worth all that! Your demand is way unfair..(Proceeds to try and negotiate down the asking price for no good reason)"

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
So someone starts a thread with a hypothetical trade asking what it would take for the Flames to get Turris, full and well acknowledging that there is no way at all he will be traded. But he wants to know what kind of return we would accept. Phx fans respond with hyperbole by mentioning Phaneuf, ect as an example of the completely, out of this world, return Phx would have to recieve in order to even think abouy moving Kyle.

Then, people get all up in arms acting like thats a complete overpayment and we're ridiculous for "demanding" that kind of talent in return. The notion of Turris being traded in the first place, as the OP had mentioned, is just as silly as a player like Phaneuf being traded for a guy like Turris.

This is why these hypothecial trade threads are useless.

"What do u want for Kyle Turris?"

"The moon, a leprechaun, 500lbs of gold and Pandora's box"

"WHAT! R U NUTS? No way is Turris worth all that! Your demand is way unfair..(Proceeds to try and negotiate down the asking price for no good reason)"
I think this board is simply incapable of hypothetical discussion. Too much personal bias.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Devil Dancer

How about Karl Alzner? It would make no sense for the Caps, who are relying on Alzner to be their shut down defenseman of the future, but it might make sense for Phoenix.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Complaining Customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
PHX: Cody Hodgson, Cory Schneider
VAN: Kyle Turris
Even though an all-prospects trade have little chance of happening, that's actually a very intriguing offer. The way Hodgson and Schneider have been playing this year, I'm really not sure the Canucks would do it - that's the kind of trade that could haunt them. For sure that would be a HF blockbuster.

Complaining Customer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Do you honestly think that's a good deal for both sides?

Why are we doing this? This makes no sense? I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this conversation. I can't take it. Ridiculous.
I love how upset people get at hypothetical trades that will most likely never happen. It's like he asked if he could kill your first born.

Perspective people.

mrmyheadhurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:46 PM
JulesWinnfield

I think what people are saying is that Turris is worth too much to Phoenix right now to rade him straight up for anyone that be reasonable. On the other hand, if (hypothetically) someone like Iginla or Phaneuf wanted to move to Phoenix for some reason, Turris may be involved in a package.

I don't think it is much of a personal bias because most people are simply saying something based on what Gretzky and Don Maloney have said.

JulesWinnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Scrambllllle

Volchenkov, Ott 1st, SJ 1st

Scrambllllle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:04 PM
The Chef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambllllle View Post
Volchenkov, Ott 1st, SJ 1st
Haha, no way.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
hes not leavin Phoenix but it would be nice to have him in edmonton with Gagner. I'd give up a 1st and a prospect for turris. I dont see him being much more just yet.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
JayBo for Turris makes sense if they can get Jay to sign.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
WJF

It would take Boedker and a 1st.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 10:50 PM
evgeni71

In my BAP NHL 09 the Canucks traded Demitra straight up for Turris...

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Do you honestly think that's a good deal for both sides?

Why are we doing this? This makes no sense? I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this conversation. I can't take it. Ridiculous.
To be fair both Schneider and Hodgeson are considered untouchable by Canucks brass. Still not a realistic deal at all, though.

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Look, I am a die hard Turris fan, and never want to talk about this, but at least the poster didn't make a ridiculous offer to offend the Coyotes fans.
At the same time you have to understand that we are very excited about him, and it can be a touchy subject.
No harm done, I actually like these posts just to see what the rest of the hockey world thinks. I say keep em comin and ignore the whiners.
But in all honesty, the Yotes are gonna keep him, and enjoy every second of it, well at least I am

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:23 AM
madpooh

vCash: 200
For the original poster:

Probably something like Backlund, Nemisz, and a 1st.

If your looking for NHL players I doubt Phx. would take anything less than one of the big 3 (Cammy, Iginla, or Dion)

madpooh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Before you all jump down my throat, I realize the player I'm discussing is at this point untouchable.

I am merely curious to see what his value is on these boards, specifically, what would it take for a team like Calgary to get Turris.

As I said, I know he isn't moving, but what is the standard package you would want for a budding super star?
Correct. He is at this point untouchable.

His value? Very high.

What would it take? There are probably two Calgary assets that would be worth enough to get a deal done, in Iginla and Phaneuf. Are those guys individually worth more than Turris, by a fair margin? Yes.

The problem is that most Calgary assets, not including either of those two, would not elicit much interest from Phoenix. Calgary's tradeable assets are either not good enough or too good. A package of a bunch of lesser assets is not going to do it either. Phoenix has plenty of good young talent percolating and is patiently developing it. The club doesn't need quantity for quality. Calgary has some good defense to offer up, but so does Phoenix and so I don't see a fit there either.

So you're back to the player is untouchable from a Calgary-Phoenix trade possibility standpoint. He's a #3 pick in the early years of his career. Those guys don't get traded.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
ducky

What would it take to get Turris? An offer that exceeds his "sky high" potential. I don't see another team making that kind of offer.

Trades of top prospects for top prospects rarely happen.

Phoenix is not in a position to trade Turris for a proven, expensive star (even if a team was looking for such a deal) because they have a very limited budget.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:20 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
I match your offer with Calgary's 1st, Cory Sarich and raise you a Matthew Pelech or John Negrin

I realize that Turris is going to be amazing rt, but I don't think you can demand high caliber proven talent for potential high caliber talent.

That being said, you still can't offer **** for him and expect a trade.
That coming from the team that traded Nieuwendyk a highly talented player in his own right for the potential high talent of Jarome Iginla.

untouchable21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Correct. He is at this point untouchable.

His value? Very high.

What would it take? There are probably two Calgary assets that would be worth enough to get a deal done, in Iginla and Phaneuf. Are those guys individually worth more than Turris, by a fair margin? Yes.

The problem is that most Calgary assets, not including either of those two, would not elicit much interest from Phoenix. Calgary's tradeable assets are either not good enough or too good. A package of a bunch of lesser assets is not going to do it either. Phoenix has plenty of good young talent percolating and is patiently developing it. The club doesn't need quantity for quality. Calgary has some good defense to offer up, but so does Phoenix and so I don't see a fit there either.

So you're back to the player is untouchable from a Calgary-Phoenix trade possibility standpoint. He's a #3 pick in the early years of his career. Those guys don't get traded.
This. Thank you. No point in continuing the thread.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:14 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
Jack Johnson anyone? In all seriousness I get what you're trying to get at. The Coyotes are very happy with Kyle, we can just hold onto him for now.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote