HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

"I cannot stand Grabovski anymore" -Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Again...NOT a subject for discussion on the boards!!!

One last answer. Their are alot of different mods on different boards. We are not all the same, and many rules are NOT black and white...they need to be interpreted.

Lastly...and again, this will not be brought up for discussion any more, he WAS talked to. Just because you weren't aware of it, didn't mean it didn't happen.

Feel free to PM a mod to ask a question or discuss this stuff.
I apologize for starting the line of thought, Darz. Agreed, this is a conversation for PM's.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon

Last edited by Squiffy: 11-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
What a tremendous heel turn by Grabs on Saturday night :-p

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Megaforce

Grabbo was amazing Saturday. I think it embarassed a few of the people here who voted in favour of Langmolinski in that poll.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
I apologize for starting the line of thought, Darz. Agreed, this is a conversation for PM's.
DAMN RIGHT!!!!

LOL...JK.

Your purple. You overrule us lowly blues!!!!

11-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Grabbo was amazing Saturday. I think it embarassed a few of the people here who voted in favour of Langmolinski in that poll.
lol @ comparing Lang with Smolinski. I'll take Lang over Grabovski any day btw, especially in the playoffs. Grabs didn't fit here at all.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm not saying ban... more-so warning or if extreme infract.

But I get what you're saying. I just feel the intent behind his posts aren't pure. He's sort of baiting people imo and he can have this very same discussion with leafs fans if he really didn't want to stir up some ****.

In essence: He's just looking for an argument in a place that doesn't need to have it, he could be having a normal convo in the leafs forum about it but no, he comes here to start an argument and if you ask me, to a certain degree or on a certain level, this is trolling. At the very minimum baiting.
Coming from a Leafs board poster POV.... this guy has a history of doing nothing but bait people on his own team's board and all he likes to do is refute anyone's opinions/posts. A close eye should be paid to his intentions and actions IMO

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
teleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
lol @ comparing Lang with Smolinski. I'll take Lang over Grabovski any day btw, especially in the playoffs. Grabs didn't fit here at all.
Fletcher did well addressing some Leaf needs acquiring Grabovski but Gainey did equally well maximizing Grabovski as an asset to turn into a prospect and a roster player like Lang.
There was no room for Grabovski on the Habs so it seems to have been good for both teams.

teleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

This pic is great!!
(look where Grabovski's hands are positioned on his stick...)

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
This pic is great!!
(look where Grabovski's hands are positioned on his stick...)

That stick would have to be Dennis Maruk sized to be holding it that low.

Just keep in mind that butt ending goalies cannot hurt. It is not an issue.

They should change the rule:

Rule 58 - Butt-ending

58.1 Butt-ending The action whereby a player or goalkeeper uses the shaft of the stick, above the upper hand, to check an opposing player in any manner or jabs or attempts to jab an opposing player with this part of the stick. Exception see 58.15

58.15 A goalie cannot be hurt by a butt end so no penalty shall be awarded. They are too well protected. Knock yourselves out guys

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleman View Post
I agree it should be a penalty.
I strongly disagree about a Laracque ass-kicking. If this were to happen the optics would be horrible. You don't send a heavyweight after a small player without incurring the wrath of the league and losing a lot of hard earned respect.
The best way to deal with it is to play well, play hard and win.

All of these comments about Grabovski are laughable. It is all supposition and speculation fueled by an overzealous media.
If a player is happy about sitting no team should want that player. If a player is confident that they can play the game at a certain level that's usually a good thing. Leaving the team like he did last year wasn't a smart move nor was it a well thought out, mature decision.

Montreal made a smart decision to trade him but I doubt it was anything personal or about his skill. It was a matter of not having room to utilize what he could offer and maximizing him as an asset.

I'm not impressed with his butt end on Price but otherwise he's doing his job the same as so many players have before including many Habs.
What I find interesting is how personally some Hab fans have taken it.
If this was the 1970-1990, Laraque would have knocked out Grabovsk, and in actuallality, I would encourage Carbo to put in him the ice every time he's on. Maybe that little **** will learn some respect.

Head-shots are not always intentional sometimes it just happens. Butt-ends have pre-intention and its not like your hands accidentially fall down the stick and your arms spastically fly backwards. They have 100% intent.

Grabovski will get what's coming to him soon or later either from the Habs or another team (hopefully Phanuef tonight will lay that little coward out on the ice).

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Frankly, S.Kost should shut up. Take the high raod, there's nothing to be gained by palying a media game with someone like Grabovski. Let him play the fool, but don't play it with him.

If Koivu hasn't suggested this to him yet, he should, or Kovalev should. It makes him look like a kid. Grabovski's older and should know better but I don't care how a Leaf carries himself.

It was made clear that we were not to venture onto opposing boards to take exception with opinions being expressed there . I was led to believe that team's boards were to be left alone to express whether or not opposing players were low lifes. It seemed all was fair. Now fans are allowed to challenge opinions again ?

Are only Leaf fans granted this right or am I just hyper sensitive due to the fact that I couldn't get my hair just right today ?

hmmmm... the guy is barely 21 years old... sorry but he's still a kid to me and that's perfectly fine.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:03 PM
ti-vite

Wow, my hatred for the leafs had dissipated this year with a thought to be atrocius Leaf team in rebuild and also the loss of Darcy Tucker, a catalysis of hate.

But now the leafs are not that bad, and if I'm lucky this Grabovsky incident can get some wind in its sail in early January!

Although I was prepared to distribute my discust for the leafs equaly to the bruins and flyers, Grabovsky has, as if delivered from the gods, rekindled this classic duel.

Thank you Grabovsky!

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:35 PM
AH

The Leafs broadcast guys just mentioned that the NHL initiated a review of Grabovski's butt end. No suspension, but he has been warned.

In the league's eyes, it was serious enough to warrant unsolicited action.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

That punch with a glove on his upper back? Compared to a butt end? While Grabovski is borderline in his crease the whole time? You are in the crease, here comes the consequences, but what did Price did to deserve that kind of butt end?
Grabovski is cleary a little **** and what he did is one of the dirtiest things that someone calling himself a man can do.

He'll get his if he continues this stuff...not just from CH but from others around the league. Once you're labelled dirty, it's pretty much impossible to shed that label.

On the flip side, aside from his butt ending Price in the crotch and his diving, I can't fault a skinny 5'10" guy for parking himself in front of the opponent's net and distracting the goalie so that his team can win...even if he has to pay the price from the goalie and the entire other team.

Now I keep asking myself, where is Latendresse in this whole thing? THIS is exactly how Latendresse should be playing every game (except for the dirty part). He needs to park himself in front of the enemy net and make the enemy goalie miserable.

Except for the butt and some of his questionable dives, I actually applaud the little **** for doing whatever it takes to win.

CH better learn this lesson very quickly if they want to sip from the Cup this year. Aside from Koivu and Kostopolous (he made a mistake in case of VanRyne) CH is made up largely of cream puffs who are afraid to get their hands dirty.

I just hope that CH learns from this incident...I mean if a small, dirty little **** from Belarus needs to teach it to CH by rubbing it in their face in order for CH to learn, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Grabo was also one of the three guys penalized for skating through Price and dragging him out of the crease. Then later the butt end. Let's not pretend that everybody doesn't know exactly what was going on

I suspect that if Toskala was run into 3 times and then butt ended there would be some serious howling from the leaf's camp. True or not true?
Actually, this is EXACTLY what Carbo needed to do once he saw that Wilson's game plan from the get go was to get under Carey Price's skin. He also needed to run Toskala to stop those Toronto cheaters from doing it again.

Instead, Carbo and in fact the whole team fell right into Wilson's plan. Let's face it, Ron Wilson played Carbo like a violine!!! And Carbo didn't even know it until the game was done!!!

One of the big reasons why CH won in '93 was because Demers was able to play chumps like Barry Melrose like this.

It's clear that Carbo's inexperience, along with his emotion (remember Carbo's speech..."I'm an emotional guy..." <===this is great for a player but deadly for a coach!) is working against him. Carbo needs to figure this out, mature and learn from it ASAP or our shot at the Cup could be a very long shot this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
hmmmm... the guy is barely 21 years old... sorry but he's still a kid to me and that's perfectly fine.

I agree with the previous post that Sergei needs to shut up.

Judging by Sergei's reaction to this whole thing, it's pretty clear that Grabovsky got the better of him in whatever personal feud they had going...whether it be a girl or whatever...

...and to rub more salt into the wound, Grabs was also getting the best of him and the whole team by out hustling and out playing the entire CH team.

The best way for Sergei to shut up Grabs is by deking him out of his jock strap and scoring a few and winning the game...a clean hit or two along the way can't hurt either if it doesn't jeopardize the win...not whine about during and after the game.

Some of his actions and words are clearly demeaning himself as a man...and yes, you're a man when you're 21.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-12-2008 at 02:09 AM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I like Sergei even more now, I hope he knocks him out next game.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Astaroth

Sergei should be more worried that he's closer to playing his way to the ahl rather than anything else.

Put up or shut up. We played like crap versus the Leafs and tried to take out Grabovski, he met us tit for tat and was a cataclyst for his team's win.

All this incessant whining is absolutely ridiculous.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Habnot

Where are all the Grabovsky lovers this morning after his scintillating -3 performance in the Leafs 4-3 loss?

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Judge Sauer*

LOL, I read a post by a leafs fan comparing him to Datsyuk's numbers at the same age and his ceiling is Datsyuk.
If anything, Grabovski is going to turn into a diving, gutless version of Valerei Bure.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
It's also nice to see the Leafs fans getting passionate and obnoxious again,
Speak for yourself - I much prefer them to keep quiet

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Where are all the Grabovsky lovers this morning after his scintillating -3 performance in the Leafs 4-3 loss?
But he did have 1 assist....

P.S. I know I just posted in it, but can we stop about that thread.....we'll make another one when we see him next time....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
I watched the game. He was -3 on the night and won only 26% of his faceoffs (won 5 and lost 14). Terrible defensively, Phaneuf nailed him too.

It's easy to see how Leaf fans will fall in love with him. He's pure offense with those great wheels, but the love affair will sour if he doesn't learn other aspects of the game.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:16 PM
JTWymanFan*

There is a pos on the Leafs board where they ask if Garbavsky is their #1 prospect...man is that franchise in the chithole...

Also saw that Sundin has sold his house in TO.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
There is a pos on the Leafs board where they ask if Garbavsky is their #1 prospect...man is that franchise in the chithole...

Also saw that Sundin has sold his house in TO.
To be fair, you should have looked in the thread. You'll notice that most of them shoot down that notion pretty fast. Most still see it as Pogge, Schenn and Stralman.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:30 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
To be fair, you should have looked in the thread. You'll notice that most of them shoot down that notion pretty fast. Most still see it as Pogge, Schenn and Stralman.
yep my bad, but i try not to hang around those areas too long, like in Boston also the smell is putrid !!!

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:14 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Anyone who would take Grabs over Schenn has some marbles loose. Schenn is a stud and will stay that way...so yeah, I would have to agree with you. Grabs just the flavour of the day. His 15 minutes will be up sooner or later and he'll fall back to earth. The only question is, where that 'earth' really is for him.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote