HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Maple Leafs @ Flames, Games 17

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Dion Phaneuf 3 11.11%
Dustin Boyd 20 74.07%
Cory Sarich 2 7.41%
Jarome Iginla 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Maple Leafs @ Flames, Games 17

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Miikka Kiprusoff outperforms his BFF at the other end and slowly starts to mend his numbers.

Boyd for MVP. Fantastic game. Really showing Keenan how big an idiot he was for not having done this earlier.

Solid effort by the Flames, especially Phaneuf, Boyd, and Iginla. I thought Pardy looked OK out there as well tonight.

Stupid goal at the end.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
GoFlames

What an all out great game by the team. Great game by Boyd, Phaneuf, Kipper, Sarich, Bert, Iggy etc. I felt like Kipper was getting his mojo back. Hope this starts another winning streak. If they play like this that should be the case. Voted for Boyd.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Hyde

I guess both of us wanted to do the PGT tonight (I removed mine). Voted for Sarich as if anyone is even shocked. Really the score makes the Leafs look good....they weren't...though I wish them nothing but the best on the rest of their Western road swing.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
A much less disciplined period by the Flames, defensively speaking. A little too much running after the puck in their own zone. Nothing overly bad, but not the same effort that was shown in the first two periods. It got a little scary when Sarich went down, but thankfully he was back in a few minutes.

The PK this period was flawless again,mostly thanks to Miikka who made some stellar saves. Now there is some disagreement about this, but I still maintain that if a player turns away from the hit at thelast second that should be called an unsportsmanlike conduct, as well as calling the boarding. The reason I bring it up is three seconds after Phaneuf’s penalty the Leafs score off of a beauty tip in.

The last minutes were, as per usual, scary as all hell as the Leafs brought it within one goal, but the Boys in Red prevail to put this solidly in the Wins. And the score is NOT indicative of the way the Flames dominated 90% of this game.

Overall Impressions
A great game by the Flames. Exactly what we look for as Fans. Solid hits, clean play, and high energy. Keep this up boys!!!! Stay out of the sinbin, keep those shots accurate and great things will continue to happen.

Three Stars By Me
1. Dustin Boyd
2. Cory Sarich
3. Todd Bertuzzi

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
getoverit

Solid effort by the flames, great to see Boyd cash in, great passing by Bert, Iggy for being under the weather looked great as did Phaneuf with that shinner, 3 pts for the big guy! all in all, take out the goofy goal, great game lead by Kipper when needed

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Always a good game when the end result is a win for the Flames.

My MVP vote goes to Dustin Boyd on his first two-goal game, one of them being the GWG.

Iginla, Phaneuf, Regehr, Sarich, Moss, Bertuzzi, they all looked awesome out there.

It was cool to see Henry Burris at the game, too.

Here's hoping this is the beginning of another winning streak.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Great game from Boyd. Nice to see him finally get that multipoint game.

Score was definetly a lot closer then it should have. Thought the team played great though. All 4 lines were playing well and creating chances. Thought Moss and Nystrom were great together. That 2nd line was dangerous most of the night unfortunetly Bourque doesn't have the greatest hands.

Defence was great. Sarich had a tremendous game and hopefully he is alright. Pardy was shaky in the first, but got better as the game went on. Giordano continues to impress me. Thought he has been great defensively the last couple weeks and nice to see him adding some points as well. He has definetly improved.

Thought Kipper was a little shaky at times. Definetly not his best game. Unfortunate bounce at the end. He'll be better.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 01:12 AM
DBU
Stars

Boyd for MVP. First two goal game of his career, if I'm not mistaken.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Northern Neighbour

I thought Iginla was the best player on the ice last night. He was a factor every time he was on the ice. He was completely dominant. It may have been his best performance to date.

I thought Phaneuf was great. He was physical, played well defensively, and attacked offensively. Terrific game by the young defenseman.

Boyd was very good. He was flying last night, and he really took advantage of the opportunity to play with Iginla.

Nice win for the Flames. Hopefully they can continue to play as well from now on.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Cyrus

Very nice to see a strong bounce-back game after Chicago. Boyd played fantastically, and with two goals was the MVP choice. Though I thought Borque played very well too, with a lot of speed and a good forecheck, even though he does have stone-hands a lot of the time.

Also, I am incredibly impressed with the play of the 4th line, Primeau and Prust do exactly what they need to do. The way they keep the puck in the offensive zone on the cycle is perfect, and Primeau has been getting loads of chances to score. Best 4th line we've had in a while.

Last, the face-off domination was possibly the hi-light of the game for me. Being all but guaranteed puck possesion off the draw was a big factor. Luckily that face-off goal didn't cost us the game.

Very solid game all around, and hopefully we'll see a Iginla-Boyd-Cammalleri line next game.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:06 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Also, I am incredibly impressed with the play of the 4th line, Primeau and Prust do exactly what they need to do. The way they keep the puck in the offensive zone on the cycle is perfect, and Primeau has been getting loads of chances to score. Best 4th line we've had in a while.

I have been totally impressed by Prust. I've always liked him, but he has shown more then I thought he would at this point. Making some of those people asking why he got a one way contract rethink. Will fight anyone, great on the wall and forechecks like crazy. And the biggest thing for me is he hasn't taken any stupid penalties. He was bad for that in the minors, but so far has been great in that aspect.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote