HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why i think Kovalev will sign with Montreal!(and sooner than you think!)Bring a coffe

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2004, 01:05 AM
ifesfor*

vCash: 500
Why i think Kovalev will sign with Montreal!(and sooner than you think!)Bring a coffe

Who are the best forwards available that signed a contract?Recchi 3m per year.Rolston 3.1 m per year.Conroy 3.1 million per year.

Who are the BETTER offensive forward available atm?

Murray.Bure(hahaha ok forget about him),Demitra,Hull( hes still got juice imo),Kariya,KOVALEV,Palffy,Allison( a too big risk considering his injuries ),Lemieux( who will play around 25-30 games as usual),Lindros,Nedved,Yzerman( he still got juice imo) , annnnd thats about it.

Sorry but Carter,Deadmarch,Bondra,Shanahan,SELANNE,Stumpel and Zhamnov are imo not betetr players than the ones that sign already and imo, better than LESS than the average 3 millions the other 3 just sign.

Glen Murray:An incredible player but that got 2/3 of his production from the other year( 60 points only).Hes 32 years old and i really think this guy can put better numbers.Hes able to get 70-80 points still imo.The best player available atm.But because he didt show up bug number last season at 3.8 m per season, i expect him to sign at 3 to 3.5 million.There is NO WAY this player will get over 3.8 million after a 1/3 cut of his offensive production.

Bure:Will he ever play again?He will be sign the day doctor will give him the go.He wont be sign at all this summer.He played 50 games over the last 3 season.Does he still got juice?I think yeah, if he can get heaslty again.The day he will be sign i expect him to sign at 3m.At 3m he will not be a big risk.He will never see the 10 millions per year.Not even half of that.Dont think about it.

Demitra:Oh thats a great player, but again anotehr player who took 1/3 way of his production of the last season.He was making 6.5 millions but suddently didnt produce.Expect him to sign for less than 4 million.He got talent yeah, hes only 30 years old yeah,but no gm will make an offer at 5 million considering he score 1/3 less points than previous year.I predict 3.5-4.5 millions( he would be lucky to get 4.5)

Kariya.OMG howe can we determine his value?This kid got badluck attach to his back.He accpet to be payed with peanuts and got injured.But AGAIN. Its anotehr player who took 1/3 of his points production away( even if u consider he got in jured ...36/51 = around 55/80, compare to 81/82 previous year.)His this kid anotehr injured player problem? Lots of gm WILL take the risk.I expect him to sign at 3m for like 1 year again.Unless colorado really want him and wanna make him a long time franchise player.But i think Lacroix will go slowly with him considering he dididnt stop to injured himself last year.Ok 4 million max.He will never see the 10 million light again!Paying him 5 million per year right now?For a 2 points per 3 game player? Never.Kariya need to prove once again he can score big and stay healty.

Kovalev:i will come abck to him at the end!

Palffy:Ok this is THE BEST player available.He didnt slow down his production at all BUT got injured and that screw his season.I expect him to sign at 5,5.5 million per year,and hope for the team that sign him, he wont get injured again seriously.No he wont make 7 m per year again because its the "new" nhl and i think we wont see those kind of contract anymore.

Allison:A great player...that didnt played last year.He was getting 8 millions, and IF he play again and can get healty for a contract, because of his constant good production i think any gm who think he will stay healty will offer him 4,4-5 million.This guy produce 1 point per game.

Lemieux:I dont expect any other team beside pittsburgh to sign him.And, for the team, he will sign himself at, what, 1.5 ,2 million per year.1 goal in 10 game for super mario is the sign hes start going slower.If he sign himself at 5 million per year than he just nuts.And for a guy who have a concession he want to sell/get rid of it, hes betetr save his money signing some good player instead of signing him, a risk player.

Lindros:Another headache for the gm who will sign him, but what a great player.Hes HUGE and can score a lot.I dont think at 31 years old he is finish but because he took a major jump of his offensive production of Philadelphia, expect him to sign at 3 million around again.

Nedved.He showed when moving to Edmonton than he can still contribute.This guy is a 1 points per game player.I expect him to sign at 3.5,4 million around.

Yzerman:His he finish?I dont know.I do know he still got talent and i think, if he can still play a full season, he can still do around 1 point per game.But lets hope he didnt get a career ending injury with his eye shot.Was at 5.8 million, took masivve injury and bad production of the last 2 year.2.5,3 million is what i expect him to sign,in detroit or anywhere else who would want him.

Ok now the player that i think that are NOT BETTER than the 3 guys that sign.

Carter:A choke, flop, disaster.This guy is a major dissapointment.Not only he was just a 2 points per 3 game guy, but he manage to play extremely bad with the rangers, get trade and play average with the caps, and the caps saaw he was nto going really anywhere so they trade him again to the kings, where he got all the ice time he want but manage to get 1 LOUSY PASS in 15 games with the Kings!!!!Expect him to sign at 1.5 millions no joke.Even less.Im ready to bet on that.

Deadmarch:His walk of the dead is over.A 2 points per 3 game player...who always get injured!!!Will this guy ever play hockey again?Dont know.Was making 3 million, but because of the risk and the "new" nhl, expect him to sign at 1.5....IF he get sign.

Bondra:He still can get 25-30 goals imo.I expect, and predict him to sign BACK with the Caps : .But becasue he will no mroe score 40 or 50 goals again in the nhl i expect him to lower his demands byt hald and sign somewhere at 2 millions.

Shanahan:A great player that will so end his carrer.35 years old and a offensive production going down every year for the last 2 years.He will never score 30 goals again. He will now be a 20 goals corere and a 45 points max player.Than shall a salary of 3 milliom max be awarded to shanny.I think he will be payed A LOT for a 45 points guy.

Selanne:34 years old, close to be finish.He will get imo around 40-45 points this year if lucky.NO I DONT WANT HIM IN MONTREAL.He will be sign at 3 million, even less, id say 2.5 per year.

Stumpel:He will never score 20 goals again in his nhl career.Hes a 50 points per season player,max.Was at 2.8, expect him to sign around 2 million.

Zhamnov.Ok i might get flamed here because i rank him LOWER than Conroy, rolston but what can i say about the mystery man Zhamnov?Hes a skill player yeah that score 30 goal ONCE in his entire nhl career.Since 1995 hes not able to score mroe than 25 goals per year.Hes the perfect "2 points per 3 games" player imo tho.

Ok now the player we all wanted....

KOVALEV:He got 3 seasons total with mario where he got mroe than 1 points per year and got 3 season with more than 30 goals.After those 3 incredible year, and before than,hes just your good 2 points per 3 game player,25 goal scorer per season or less.Mario made him a good player.He got size,can score,and make great plays, but the offer of Gainey, with the new nhl,of 4.25 million per year, for a 2 points per 3 game player, is by far an amazing offer....unless he can be "bought back" by mario and then thinking he can do 95 points again.

The only team that scare me atm, and becasue i dont know wtf are wrong with this team is pittsburgh.Would he choose pittsburgh where it was always good or montreal where he got a single "succeful" playoff?If pittsburg offer him the same salary,i think he will choose pittsburgh, but thats only IF cause beside pittsburgh who sign recchi for why i have no clue lol, thre is no other team that he will choose.Dont forget he was a ghost in NY,he was a ghost the first 13 games he play with montreal.

Do we have big chance to get him? Yes.I think he love the playoffs here and he want to be part of it again, but if super mario decide to dont mind his business, well we lost him.

Id say we have 80 % chance to sign him back.

What do you think?

Ok was a loooong text but hey at least i explain myself!

Last edited by ifesfor*: 07-11-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old
07-11-2004, 01:14 AM
prevail

I like Pie

Old
07-11-2004, 01:19 AM
ifesfor*

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/det47.html

The Red Wings are nearing a deal with free agent winger Brendan Shanahan, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Wings general manager Ken Holland and Shanahan's agent, Rick Curran, talked Friday afternoon, and plan to talk again next week. The Wings have offered the 35-year-old a two-year deal worth $3.5 million a season.

"We're going in the right direction," Curran told the paper of negotiations. "Kenny would like to keep him in Detroit, and Brendan would like to stay there."

Ok on shanahan i was extremely close

Old
07-11-2004, 01:22 AM
EaGLE1

Chances of signing Kovalev : 35%
Why? Cause he seems to like MTL.

35% MTL
35% PIT
30% Elsewhere

Old
07-11-2004, 01:31 AM
leafaholix*

With the way things are going, I'd be almost shocked to see Montreal sign Kovalev.

Hopefully they do (if you're a Habs fan)... but I'm not sure they have the money following the acquisition of Raden Knob (Ottawa rivalry).

Old
07-11-2004, 01:38 AM
Traitor8

Bob Gainey came out and said that 3.5 M $ is a lot of money(For Bonk) but that they still have money to sign Alexei Kovalev.

The HABS Apparently offered him a 3yr/12.75 M $ deal but he turned it down.

I think the Habs can still go up..to 4.5 ..maybe even 5.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:39 AM
ifesfor*

the offer was 3 year? omg ok i tough it was 2 year.

Even better!

Old
07-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
the offer was 3 year? omg ok i tough it was 2 year.

Even better!

I'm not sure if it was 2 or 3 yrs..sorry about that.

But Kovalev then came out and said it's not as big issue about the money as it is about the length of the contract, he said he wants to sign a long term deal because this might be the last nhl contract he signs.

I would go up to 3 yrs to Kovalev with an option for the 4th but the $$ would go down in the 4th year.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:54 AM
marvelousmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
KOVALEV: He got 3 seasons total with mario where he got mroe than 1 points per year and got 3 season with more than 30 goals.After those 3 incredible year, and before than,hes just your good 2 points per 3 game player,25 goal scorer per season or less. Mario made him a good player.He got size,can score,and make great plays, but the offer of Gainey, with the new nhl,of 4.25 million per year, for a 2 points per 3 game player, is by far an amazing offer....unless he can be "bought back" by mario and then thinking he can do 95 points again.

What do you think? :
I think Kovalev proved that he can produce without Lemieux or Jagr. In 2001-2002, Jagr played for Washington while Lemieux got injured after playing 20 games or so. Kovalev still managed to produce 76 points in 67 games. Though, I agree that Lemieux's return did help him get that 95 points in 2000-2001. Anyways, I'm one of those fans that still believe Kovalev will return in Montreal next year. He's my first choice on the freeagents list mainly because of his size. My second choices would be Glen Murray or Pavol Demitra. But for some reasons, I have a feeling they don't want to play in Montreal. IMO, Selanne would be more realistic. He's my third choice only if he signs for 1.5 to 2.5 millions. If not, I won't sign anyone else. We have some prospects that are NHL ready IMO. We might as well give them a chance. Hossa ? Perezhogin ? Higgins ? Or maybe even Kostsitsyn ?

Closed Thread