HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruutu suspended 2 games

Old
11-12-2008, 06:41 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
well deserved....

the guy reminds me of Avery although not quite as annoying yet

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:32 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Well deserved

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
ThePriceIsOnTheCup

Since Ruutu got scared of Laraque, this is what would have happen :

2:20 = Thank you Lucic.

As for Avery, Maurice got him long ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxPwnB8U_cc

Last edited by ThePriceIsOnTheCup: 11-12-2008 at 07:49 PM.
ThePriceIsOnTheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 09:40 PM
habsfan56

read this article, mccormick is a funny, stupid man
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/blogs...ous_precedent/

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan56 View Post
McCormick isn't a member here.. .so i can freely say this.

After reading that I only have one thing to say.
Sean McCormick is a ****ing idiot.

we need these type of headshots out of the game... and sorry a 2 minute penalty in a game you are already losing 3-0 is not a deterrent.....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Boullion went after him so whats Ruutu supposed to do, just stand there and say "Yes please try to kick my ass"???
I've just rewatched the game - Ruutu skates directly to Boullion , and Boullion obliges. Coincidentally, skating directly towards Boullion is also directly AWAY from BGL - he was definitely aware of Laraque's location, and wanted to be far away.

Boullion got the job done, IMO. Very under-rated fighter....

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
well deserved....

the guy reminds me of Avery although not quite as annoying yet
Avery is actually a good hockey player though. I don't recall him ever doing anything dirty on the ice, he's just an *******.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I've just rewatched the game - Ruutu skates directly to Boullion , and Boullion obliges. Coincidentally, skating directly towards Boullion is also directly AWAY from BGL - he was definitely aware of Laraque's location, and wanted to be far away.

Boullion got the job done, IMO. Very under-rated fighter....
I just saw the replay too. It's hilarious. You see the hit, then Ruutu starts skating towards the Habs' zone. At this point Laraque begins to skate towards him. Ruutu makes a beeline left which leads right into Boullion. He was definitely scared of Laraque after throwing the cheapshot. Hilarious.

Quote:
I like how every informed hockey analyst describes the hit as a cheapshot to the head with intent to injure. Then this guy writes this article arguing that a 2 minute major was enough. Talk about being out of touch with the league. They've made it clear that these were the types of incidents that they were going to penalize.

On another note, I really dislike the fact that Sportsnet newscasters are all of this variety. "Look at me, I don't wear a tie. I'm wearing jeans too... How informal and hip. I don't talk seriously about the sports I'm covering, because it's cool to make sarcastic comments and ridiculous puns on names instead..." It's very frustrating when these doofuses get to write articles about the sports they read scripts on, when it's obvious they know less about them then even the most casual fan. I'm very thankful that TSN's never too far away.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-12-2008 at 11:11 PM.
LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Funny, they didn't post my comment.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:37 PM
znk

Can we actually suspend him from the rafters for the duration?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Kirk Muller

I applaud the league for the suspension but it means very little if the next headshot goes unpunished.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:20 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
I just saw the replay too. It's hilarious. You see the hit, then Ruutu starts skating towards the Habs' zone. At this point Laraque begins to skate towards him. Ruutu makes a beeline left which leads right into Boullion. He was definitely scared of Laraque after throwing the cheapshot. Hilarious.
What's hilarious is how you gasp at straws to make Laraque seem like a goon. Ruutu drills Lapierre, and skates into the neutral zone, where Bouillon happens to be. Laraque decides to take his time and trip over Lapierre. It's really hilarious how people think he should have somehow waited for Laraque, or skated around Lapierre to find him.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:22 AM
mcphee

Quote:
It was a good thing. All Lappierre does is go around cheap shoting people and talking **** but then he never drops the gloves. Biggest coward ever, at least Ruutu stands up and fight.
I keep hearing this, would you be kind enough to provide an example ? I don't need a highlight reel of cheapshots as this would be time consuming, just an example.

Talking and goading, yeah, much like Ruutuu, but without the attemted headshots.

You can send the examples to my new website, ivespottedaphony.com.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:55 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
What's hilarious is how you gasp at straws to make Laraque seem like a goon. Ruutu drills Lapierre, and skates into the neutral zone, where Bouillon happens to be. Laraque decides to take his time and trip over Lapierre. It's really hilarious how people think he should have somehow waited for Laraque, or skated around Lapierre to find him.

I'm sorry...but that's a guy skating away for dear life. He hits the player then stops a bit looks in front of him(the area where the puck is) and makes a first move to head in this directdion but then he sees Laraque and then darts in the opposite direction.

Old
11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post

I'm sorry...but that's a guy skating away for dear life. He hits the player then stops a bit looks in front of him(the area where the puck is) and makes a first move to head in this directdion but then he sees Laraque and then darts in the opposite direction.
What dear life he isnt going to die so relax. This suspension isnt a good thing for the whole league in general and its all thanks to the crying Habs fans. Thank u and keep it up.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:42 AM
znk

Quote:
What dear life he isnt going to die so relax. This suspension isnt a good thing for the whole league in general and its all thanks to the crying Habs fans. Thank u and keep it up.
I can understand that you have trouble grasping the meaning of the expression "for dear life". It's not given to everyone to have the ability to put things in to context. But as for this supsension not being a good thing for the league and it being about the Habs....what ever helps you sleep at night. But the reality is it was about an intentional elbow to the face.

Old
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Thank you. I felt that the tears that I shed may have been in vain.

Old
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I can understand that you have trouble grasping the meaning of the expression "for dear life". It's not given to everyone to have the ability to put things in to context. But as for this supsension not being a good thing for the league and it being about the Habs....what ever helps you sleep at night. But the reality is it was about an intentional elbow to the face.
Yah but was two games necessary?? Other players around the league have done worse and gotten off spot free even when they may have been suspended before whereas Ruutu has never been suspended and look what he gets for a first time offense.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
mcphee

I'm a long way from high school math, but if they decide to suspend you, even if it's the first time they supend you, the only lesser total than 2 is 1.

Old
11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
skule123

Quote:
Yah but was two games necessary?? Other players around the league have done worse and gotten off spot free even when they may have been suspended before whereas Ruutu has never been suspended and look what he gets for a first time offense.
You should maybe take off your homer and anti-Montreal glasses for a moment, and check into what the relatively respected impartial hockey world has to say.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255705&l...topRelated_nhl

Quote:
Question No. 1: Ottawa Senators forward Jarkko Ruutu gets a two-game suspension for his hit on Montreal's Maxim Lapierre. Was it just right, too lenient or too harsh?

Bob McKenzie: "I'll say just right. I'm just gratified that on a play where there was no serious injury - there was only a two-minute minor for the charging call that was initially assessed - that the NHL saw fit to step up to suspend Ruutu and put him on record as an offender for this type of thing. If he does it again, you get out the big stick and handle it."

Pierre McGuire: "Absolutely, just right. It's a shot across the bow for Ruutu and it's exactly what the NHL should have done."

John Tortorella: "Too lenient. We've has all this talk about head shots, here's one done with intent and we let it go by the boards. We should have made an example of it with five games."
I'm sure you get lots of home board sarcasm cred for posting inflammatory, thoughtless inanity like "its[sic] all thanks to the crying Habs fans" but the reality is that a lot of objective observers without a dog in the race support the call and the severity. But really, don't let me get facts in the way of your diatribe. Maybe take a deep breath, consider why people who have observed the game for this long think it's a good thing, and think about it a bit.

Last edited by skule123: 11-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
He has a reputation of getting in players' faces and not backing it up by dropping the gloves. He's seen more as a pest around the league, and some people take exception to those players by default.
Notorious for it actually:

And seriously... this guy HASN'T been suspended before? Jumping elbow:

And this beauty wasn't even a penalty. Compare it to the Kosto hit:

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

I love how in your "flying elbow" vid, Ruutu's elbow doesnt even connect with anything. I'm not sure how you get an elbow and knee mixed up, but okay.

And the difference between the two is that Ruutu lets up, and doesnt drive the guy into the boards putting him out for a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
You should maybe take off your homer and anti-Montreal glasses for a moment, and check into what the relatively respected impartial hockey world has to say.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255705&l...topRelated_nhl

I'm sure you get lots of home board sarcasm cred for posting inflammatory, thoughtless inanity like "its[sic] all thanks to the crying Habs fans" but the reality is that a lot of objective observers without a dog in the race support the call and the severity. But really, don't let me get facts in the way of your diatribe. Maybe take a deep breath, consider why people who have observed the game for this long think it's a good thing, and think about it a bit.

How about that.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
I love how in your "flying elbow" vid, Ruutu's elbow doesnt even connect with anything. I'm not sure how you get an elbow and knee mixed up, but okay.

And the difference between the two is that Ruutu lets up, and doesnt drive the guy into the boards putting him out for a month.

How about that.
Do you really want me to link all your posts from the main board in which you defended the Kostopoulos hit?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
AD

Sens fans are welcome in this thread if they act on their best behaviour, avoid annoying sarcasm, don't disrespect habs fans or the habs and generally post smart insightful comments.

Nevermind I guess.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Do you really want me to link all your posts from the main board in which you defended the Kostopoulos hit?
Did you really have to quote him? I have him on ignore and wouldn't have felt inclined to respond to an invisible post. I guess he doesn't think that leaving your feet with your elbow above your head suggests intent as long as you miss.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote