HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#15 -- Flyers at Penguins -- November 13, 2008 -- 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
TRADE ME RIGHT ****ING NOW!!

One reason i want Marty to do well is because LOOK AT THAT RESEMBLANCE!

Hilarious.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:31 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Question: Would you say the PHI/NYR rivalry is greater than PHI/PGH or has that all changed since Crosby's arrival or last year's Eastern final?

Going to miss this one because of night school. Keep it close!
Let's Go Fly-ers!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say the Phi/Pit rivalry is bigger than the Phi/Nyr. But I think the habs and capitals are pushing to be the biggest rivals for the flyers.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Sec201

I equally hate both teams. Starting to hate the pens more because of their crybaby sid. Canadian people, blew him up to what he is though. I mean he is good and everything but did you ever notice that Pitt always has 2 good players and never seem to finish? ie 1. Jagr 2. Lemuiex 1. Sid 2. Malkin. I respect Malkin cause he plays and does his job, but if you have ever been to a recent pitt vs Philly game everytime there is a commercial break Sid is whining (and clearly whining, you can tell by his body gestures) to the ref. It's absolutely ridiculous! You are supposed to be good. If a call doesn't go your way, go out there and make someone pay.....show people why you are supposed to be the God send to hockey. Don't whine a good hockey, play a good hockey. So yes recently I am starting to hate the Pens more because of this.

Secondly, don't you love the Pens fans? No one has bought any other jersey for them then Jagr lemuiex crosby or malkin. They are all wagon jumpers. At least when you go to a flyers game you see lupul's and carters, brieres, richards, gagne, old classics like B parent, clarke and Barber and even jerseys of guys who are no longer with team like Forsbergs, Roenicks, leclairs, Recchi and the unfortunate Lindros's. What I am trying to say is that if you walk down the street of Pitt and ask them for names of people who play for the pens, they could probably only name those 4 players....its a joke.

Sorry about the rant....

By the way nice job on emphasizing the flyers cheer. Someone should start a thread on how some flyers fans are getting this wrong at games. It's lets go fly-ERS. Not lets GO fly-ERS. That is what the rangers fans do, and don't even get me started on the new yorkers!

Never forget the Palm Isle!

Sec201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I would say the Phi/Pit rivalry is bigger than the Phi/Nyr. But I think the habs and capitals are pushing to be the biggest rivals for the flyers.
Caps? Really? I'd put Pit, NJ, Nyr, Mon, Bos, and Ott over Washington. Maybe a few others.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

Hey Flyer fans - Here's to a great game tonight.

Quick question: Will Cote fight Godard tonight? I know he's had some neck issues that could prevent it even if he's playing. It was an awesome fight last time. I never liked Cote much before but gained a lot of respect when he stood through all those bombs. Any info is appreciated.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Caps? Really? I'd put Pit, NJ, Nyr, Mon, Bos, and Ott over Washington. Maybe a few others.
****, I'd probably even put Boston and Ottawa before Montreal.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
A rivalry always seems big the year after playing the team in the playoffs, this time last year you wouldnt have the caps in the top 5-7 rivals, same thing with the habs. Division teams are always the biggest rival. Jersey should be our top rival since we have been battling with the so much over the past decade but their teams and our games are always so boring. I would say Pitt, NYR, NJ, Ott, Mon, Tor, Wash in that order.

Quote:
Boston...really? I couldnt care less when we play them. The only reason I can think you would say that is because of the Bergeron thing.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by getphlyerdup View Post
By the way nice job on emphasizing the flyers cheer. Someone should start a thread on how some flyers fans are getting this wrong at games. It's lets go fly-ERS. Not lets GO fly-ERS. That is what the rangers fans do, and don't even get me started on the new yorkers!
Was that also part of your rant? Yikes.

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphenisciformes View Post

Quick question: Will Cote fight Godard tonight? I know he's had some neck issues that could prevent it even if he's playing. It was an awesome fight last time. I never liked Cote much before but gained a lot of respect when he stood through all those bombs. Any info is appreciated.
Well I have Tivo and I already watched tonights game, i wont give away who won but I will say Cote and Godard did not fight. Cote didnt even play.

btw...just wait until you see the call on coburn with about 3 minutes left in the first, freakin refs!

Old
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Win or fire stevens. Either one is fine.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
FrederickFlyer27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Win or fire stevens. Either one is fine.
or both.

FrederickFlyer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
BerubeBox*

Yeah Toronto, that's the one I forgot. A lot of this is rivalry moreso between the fans than the players/teams. For Boston it was Bergeron/Alberts, Ottawa - McAmmond and everything going back to Havlat, Toronto - Blake, Montreal - Briere and "we were simply the superior team. Nyahh".

All I can think of for wash is Ovechkin's one dive. Hell even Tampa with Roy might beat that out.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Yeah Toronto, that's the one I forgot. A lot of this is rivalry moreso between the fans than the players/teams. For Boston it was Bergeron/Alberts, Ottawa - McAmmond and everything going back to Havlat, Toronto - Blake, Montreal - Briere and "we were simply the superior team. Nyahh".

All I can think of for wash is Ovechkin's one dive. Hell even Tampa with Roy might beat that out.
I would say tampa used to be a pretty big rival for us, it seemed liek we were always meeting them in the playoffs or a big game. Now its not even the same team so the rivalry is gone.

Also Buffalo was a huge rivalry, they were similar to Tampa, it just seemed like we were always playing them. I would still put them up there with Washington.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
BerubeBox*

You're right, Buffalo's still up there, they just haven't been the high-flying team that always spanked us for a couple of years. Although this year looks like they might be back. Haven't seen them yet.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphenisciformes View Post

Cote may not play tonight, he missed the last couple of games.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Question: Would you say the PHI/NYR rivalry is greater than PHI/PGH or has that all changed since Crosby's arrival or last year's Eastern final?

Going to miss this one because of night school. Keep it close!
Let's Go Fly-ers!!!!!!!!!!!
The Flyers and Rangers haven't met in the POs in over 10 years and the Rangers have won one PO game against the Flyers in over 20 years. That takes a bit of steam off the rivalry but it is and always will be heated. More like simmering right now, until the next PO matchup. Currently, I'd give the edge to Pittsburgh in comparison to the Rangers for rivalry.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
1989 -- April 25 -- In Game 5, Mario Lemieux (5-3-8) thrilled the home crowd by scoring a hat trick just 6:55 into the game and added a fourth before the period ended in the Penguins' 10-7 win.
That was awesome.

And was that not the game when Hexy tried to grab a piece of Rob Brown?

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:36 PM
flyersfan420

lets go flyers.. win this game

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
That was awesome.

And was that not the game when Hexy tried to grab a piece of Rob Brown?
Merely wanted to discuss an issue with him.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
AaronTrieu

i have a feeling Hartnell is gonna respond to his benching and make some big and borderline hits. EEEKK! and Lupul will score 2 goals and everyone will praise Stevens coaching decisions.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Terence Peterman

i'm actually going to get to see this. generally i'd love it, but with the way things have gone lately, i'm more on this side of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
God help us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Yep. Should be pretty ugly.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Man some people just don't have hope. Well I do.

LETS GO FLYERS!

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:13 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

I'll likely be unable to watch this one.

If these boys can't get revved up for a game against the Pens, they deserve to lose. The Pens will be ridin' high from their crazy comeback against Detroit. If the Flyers score early, the Pens' confidence could be deflated.

I have faith that Marty will build off his solid performance against the Isles. He could be busy because the Flyers have not proven they can play a disciplined 60 minutes.

11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Vikke

vCash: 685
I'll watch.
gogo.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:55 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The Flyers and Rangers haven't met in the POs in over 10 years and the Rangers have won one PO game against the Flyers in over 20 years. That takes a bit of steam off the rivalry but it is and always will be heated. More like simmering right now, until the next PO matchup. Currently, I'd give the edge to Pittsburgh in comparison to the Rangers for rivalry.
Devils v. Flyers>>>>Pens v. Flyers.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote