HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Jim Vandermeer out 6-8 weeks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
  #1
SR
Registered User
 
SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 500
Jim Vandermeer out 6-8 weeks

Quote:
If a 6-1 loss wasn't an unpleasant enough souvenir from the Flames' Sunday trip to Chicago, there's the broken ankle that is expected to keep the rugged Vandermeer out of commission for at least six weeks.
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...5-2357ae265e96

SR is offline  
Old
11-12-2008, 12:33 PM
  #2
andy*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=DesertDog;16283745]http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...5-2357ae265e96[/QUOTE


This may force Sutter to make a trade if he thinks someone like Pardy is not ready. Hopefully it does and he gets Cam Barker somehow.

Phaneuf-Barker would look good on the D-unit. But it highly unlikely.

andy* is offline  
Old
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
  #3
Murn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
great news, play pardy

Murn is offline  
Old
11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
  #4
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=andy;16284058]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...5-2357ae265e96[/QUOTE


This may force Sutter to make a trade if he thinks someone like Pardy is not ready. Hopefully it does and he gets Cam Barker somehow.

Phaneuf-Barker would look good on the D-unit. But it highly unlikely.
Doesn't Barker carry a cap hit of 2.5m or something? I'm not sure we could afford that...

KiwiFlamesFan is offline  
Old
11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
  #5
cross16
Registered User
 
cross16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=KiwiFlamesFan;16288121]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

Doesn't Barker carry a cap hit of 2.5m or something? I'm not sure we could afford that...

Your right its 2.5. They have to send salary back the other way.

Lombardi could be not bad trade bait in that situation. Young, fast, and fairly inexspensive center depth that Chicago has been looking for. They would want more, and I still don't believe the Hawks are that keen on trading Barker unless you overpay.

Pardy will be find. i think Sutter would even try Pelech before going the trade route.

cross16 is offline  
Old
11-12-2008, 11:30 PM
  #6
PIMking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Country: Germany
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
He better think other wise Pelech hasnt been to hot down here.

The only Dman would even hang at this point would be Bubba or Wilson!

PIMking is offline  
Old
11-13-2008, 03:05 AM
  #7
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=cross16;16293710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiFlamesFan View Post


Your right its 2.5. They have to send salary back the other way.

Lombardi could be not bad trade bait in that situation. Young, fast, and fairly inexspensive center depth that Chicago has been looking for. They would want more, and I still don't believe the Hawks are that keen on trading Barker unless you overpay.

Pardy will be find. i think Sutter would even try Pelech before going the trade route.
My post was a bit silly as I realised we would have to sent salary back the other way after I posted it.

KiwiFlamesFan is offline  
Old
11-13-2008, 12:16 PM
  #8
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murn View Post
great news, play pardy

Not exactly.

StreakingRed is offline  
Old
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
  #9
Hyde
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Guys we have a sticky regarding injury reports.

Hyde is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.