HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/13/08 Montreal @ Boston 7:00PM EDT RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
There, fixed it for ya.

I really think both teams come out flying in the first, and the fatigue sets in during the second for the Bruins. Either way, wouldn't be surprised at all if you see Fernandez not Thomas tonight. He played really well against Buffalo Sat, and Timmy had a shootout game last night in Chicago...

Cheers!
When you play 2 more games than us but have a 1 point lead... its nothing to be proud off..... we all get to play 82 games at the end of the year.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:46 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'll be watching this game without pantsor boxers, let's hope Lucic can keep his shifts long

Old
11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'll be watching this game without pantsor boxers, let's hope Lucic can keep his shifts long
Who are you trying to fool? Beaker told me all about you, Mr. Tite-Vite

Old
11-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Ace0813
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
This isn't trolling by the way. But apparently Bruins fans don't know hockey because we try to stay positive when we are dominated?
Pardon me for supporting my team. My apolagies.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHISLING View Post
This isn't trolling by the way. But apparently Bruins fans don't know hockey because we try to stay positive when we are dominated?
Well you should take some time off from the boards to think about positive things for after the game tonight.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:56 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
I will not bite.

Old
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
apology accepted

No, but in all seriousness I can respect that. Being behind your team 100% is good. I think its just the justifications that don't make sense that sucks. You guys saying, "We'll do better this night." Is fine. But saying you lose because the habs dive and are weak europeans is what gets this much love

Old
11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
It's good to stay positive, I know it sucks when you keep losing to your hate rival. I recall when the Habs sucked it seemed like no matter what we did we couldn't beat the freaking leafs, and the games we lost were tough as hell to sit through.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Noooooooooooo

What good is Versus if they don't broadcast these games and save me from Jackass Edwards?
Apparently it's a local feed, only for Bruins fans

Even if it's broadcast all over NA, it's a local feed. /mantra

Old
11-13-2008, 01:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

Time to ruin Timmah's nice save percentage.

"He's like a bowl of jello without the bowl"

Old
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
JrHockeyFan

Ruins fans are gonna blame the schedule for something. Boo hoo we never get a break. We had to play in Chicago. TWO in a row!

Play 'em tough guys

Old
11-13-2008, 01:53 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
apology accepted

No, but in all seriousness I can respect that. Being behind your team 100% is good. I think its just the justifications that don't make sense that sucks. You guys saying, "We'll do better this night." Is fine. But saying you lose because the habs dive and are weak europeans is what gets this much love
I agree some people go all out on the Bruins board looking more to insult the Habs than anything, sometimes they are humerus remarks, sometimes its just childish, like the continued attacks on Ribeiro as though he were still on the Habs, and the Habs are a reflection of what Ribeiro was. I'm always nervous when we play you, I feel like we could beat any team on any given night, aside from the Habs. Sometimes it seems like we could win a cup if we could somehow bypass you guys. At any rate we've been playing fantastic lately and made it to first for the first time in several years, and while you have 2 games in hand and could take it over tonight its been exciting up to now. Your team has been playing great so far this year as well, if the Bs aren't exhausted this is going to be a fantastic game, I hope the Bs can pull it out and will be very upset if they don't but the Habs are about the class of the east right now.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Time to ruin Timmah's nice save percentage.

"He's like a bowl of jello without the bowl"
That might be tough to do since I just finished reading that Fernandez should be getting the start for the Bruins.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Apparently it's a local feed, only for Bruins fans

Even if it's broadcast all over NA, it's a local feed. /mantra
It's actually only broadcast in New England, (and Center Ice subscribers who happen to get their feed), so some degree of homerism would be expected and acceptable. All the local guys do it a bit. Edwards, IMO, crosses way over that line into "unprofessional" territory. He made a comment during one of our games last year sarcastically referring to Bouillon's "oops I didn't see him coming" hit on Ward. I was a journalism major for three years of college- Edwards can think whatever he wants about that hit, but you don't get sarcastic about it and imply that the player was lying when you're on the air. Don't even get me started on listening to him during a fight

It's a shame, because Brickley is actually pretty good. He deserves better than a hack like Edwards as his partner.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
That might be tough to do since I just finished reading that Fernandez should be getting the start for the Bruins.
Fernandez is starting....but after the habs chase him out of the game with 4 goals in the first 5 shots, Thomas will be brought in, and WHAM we ruin his save percentage!!!!

11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Pascal

Quote:
It's a shame, because Brickley is actually pretty good. He deserves better than a hack like Edwards as his partner.
Edwards was like a kid in a toy store when Savard was punching Avery from behind last week. It's ridiculous regardless of who you cheer for.. If Pierre Houde did that on Habs broadcasts I would definitely not like it either.

Old
11-13-2008, 02:29 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Edwards was like a kid in a toy store when Savard was punching Avery from behind last week. It's ridiculous regardless of who you cheer for.. If Pierre Houde did that on Habs broadcasts I would definitely not like it either.
Well for Edwards' defense, I'd probably the same way seeing anyone punching Avery from behind. Probably the only player in the entire league that I can't stand, unless I'm laughing at him. Yeah, I guess I can stand him then.. where was I going with this?

Old
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
It's actually only broadcast in New England, (and Center Ice subscribers who happen to get their feed), so some degree of homerism would be expected and acceptable. All the local guys do it a bit. Edwards, IMO, crosses way over that line into "unprofessional" territory. He made a comment during one of our games last year sarcastically referring to Bouillon's "oops I didn't see him coming" hit on Ward. I was a journalism major for three years of college- Edwards can think whatever he wants about that hit, but you don't get sarcastic about it and imply that the player was lying when you're on the air. Don't even get me started on listening to him during a fight

I've been told that he's allowed to be unprofessional, it's 'too bad' & that Center Ice subscribers can 'suck it while pressing the mute button'.

I think it's not only an embarrassment for his colleague that he makes outlandish accusations, it's an embarrassment for a league that's trying to(desperately) sell it's product. That's an important distinction to be made. It's one thing to groan while listening to the rising geriatric crescendo of Jeanerette's voice. It's entirely another to tune yourself out of a game mainly due to how disgusted you are with someone cheering to see a non-fighter like Niskanen get his face re-arranged. IMO it completely discredits the sport.

At least with every other broadcast you have colourful analysts that are encouraged to be outlandish for the purpose of entertainment. The difference being that the analysts never reflect the views of the entire broadcast crew, while commentators do.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 11-13-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
speed11

ugh, i really am so sick of playing the bruins...and this is only game 2

Old
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

(music)

We play the Bruins, I like it!!!
So fun to get 2 poinntsss
We play the Bruins for the sake of it!!!
Hope the NHL doesn't mind it...
It feels so right, it feels so easy
Sorry Bruins fan but it's just too fun

We play the Bruins, I like it!!! I like it!!!

(/music)

Old
11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Le Maroons

Game is on NHL Network tonight. Game is in HD on RDS and also likely NESN. If they blackout the game here because it's on NHL network I will be pissed. I already know it won't be in HD because CI on Rogers never shows the Habs in HD, never, it has to be on TSN or CBC for me to see the Habs in HD. The Sharks on the other hand, most of their games on CI are in HD, why?

Old
11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
Your team has been playing great so far this year as well.
Actually they have looked like crap most of the year, a few games like their last one where they played a full 60 and really looked good in all aspects. But for the most part the team has struggled to play a full 60 and have been outworked too many times already, yet they have been finding a way to win games they really had no business winning.

Old
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Game is on NHL Network tonight. Game is in HD on RDS and also likely NESN. If they blackout the game here because it's on NHL network I will be pissed. I already know it won't be in HD because CI on Rogers never shows the Habs in HD, never, it has to be on TSN or CBC for me to see the Habs in HD. The Sharks on the other hand, most of their games on CI are in HD, why?
Im pretty sure the game is on NHL Network for US viewers...I guess we'll see later.
As for the Sharks in HD, ya, i dont know why either. Every night i watch them, its in HD. The Kings too.

Old
11-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Markoolio

How about tonights lineups for MON?

Old
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoolio View Post
How about tonights lineups for MON?