HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Begin Speaks to Carbs

Old
11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Wow, do you not read what you type?

Per game, you statistically proved that Begin hit more Dandy, Begin fought more than Dandy, Begin shot more than Dandy, Begin blocked more shots than Dandy.

I gave an opinion based on all the games I've seen. I would have assumed statistics supported my opinion, but I didn't know for sure. You gave facts based on statistics that directly contradict what you're trying to say and confirm what I thought. And you question my education?

That's why I said you didn't know how to read stats.

Yes he hits more, but he takes more penalties, so how is that better? Not to mention, in most cases, we were left smacking our foreheads because of those penalties. And especially knowing Carbs is praising discipline at the moment. -1 Begin

Yes he fought more, but Dandy still will sticks up for his linemates (koivu example). We also have better fighters than Begin in our line up, so the fact he fights more does not justify choosing him over Dandy and means very little at this time. -1 Begin

Yes he shoots more, but Dandy has 3x his goal total. Begin has a 4.5 S% while Dandy has a 13 S%. how is that favoring Begin?
Like I said, it's about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY -1 Begin

Yes he has more blks while SH, Dandy has more on ES. That evens them out.

The ratio for Giveaways per game for Dandy is .31 and Begin .27
But the ratio for Takaways per game for Dandy is .27 and Begin .18
So its fair to say they're pretty even in that department as well.

But I'll give you the +/- even if I find this stat doesn't translate anything seeing as they both played on the same line.

So, like I said, you don't know how to read stats or you were just blinded. If we were to listen to you, Begin is miles ahead of Dandy. This couldn't be further from the truth at this point. Not only is Dandy playing great for a 4th liner, but Begin's role is already being filled by a much younger and more effective Lapierre (and Kosto when playing). So his services are not really needed anymore on the 4th line because of Max. A guy like Dandy which quicker feet, and a better finishing touch brings more options to the 4th line.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's why I said you didn't know how to read stats.

Yes he hits more, but he takes more penalties, so how is that better? Not to mention, in most cases, we were left smacking our foreheads because of those penalties. And especially knowing Carbs is praising discipline at the moment. -1 Begin

Yes he fought more, but Dandy still will sticks up for his linemates (koivu example). We also have better fighters than Begin in our line up, so the fact he fights more does not justify choosing him over Dandy and means very little at this time. -1 Begin

Yes he shoots more, but Dandy has 3x his goal total. Begin has a 4.5 S% while Dandy has a 13 S%. how is that favoring Begin?
Like I said, it's about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY -1 Begin

Yes he has more blks while SH, Dandy has more on ES. That evens them out.

The ratio for Giveaways per game for Dandy is .31 and Begin .27
But the ratio for Takaways per game for Dandy is .27 and Begin .18
So its fair to say they're pretty even in that department as well.

But I'll give you the +/- even if I find this stat doesn't translate anything seeing as they both played on the same line.

So, like I said, you don't know how to read stats or you were just blinded. If we were to listen to you, Begin is miles ahead of Dandy. This couldn't be further from the truth at this point. Not only is Dandy playing great for a 4th liner, but Begin's role is already being filled by a much younger and more effective Lapierre (and Kosto when playing). So his services are not really needed anymore on the 4th line because of Max. A guy like Dandy which quicker feet, and a better finishing touch brings more options to the 4th line.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Great argument.
Let's put Begin in because he skates all over the ice wanting to check everybody without thinking about position.

You have no arguments. Dandy has been playing great thus far this season, and Begin has been scratched 9Games/Played 5.

But yea.. he truly is better than Dandy..

Join him in the stands, buy him a beer.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Great argument.
Let's put Begin in because he skates all over the ice wanting to check everybody without thinking about position.

You have no arguments. Dandy has been playing great thus far this season, and Begin has been scratched 9Games/Played 5.

But yea.. he truly is better than Dandy..

Join him in the stands, buy him a beer.
8-0-1 with Dandy in the lineup.... you can't scratch him....

If it aint broke don't fix it.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
smon

Well, got our first loss with Dandenault in the lineup. Does that mean we need to fix it?

Seriously though, Begin could have been useful against Boston. Seemed to rile them up real good in the playoffs.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote