HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Good, the Bad, and the Connolly

Old
11-12-2008, 11:26 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
I thought today was one of his better games, despite the poor play on the second goal against. I'm willing to give him a pass because I know he isn't 100% yet, but since we judge every other player by their contract, he's going to have to pick up his game eventually and play his way off of the fourth line.
Thats what had me down on him.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:55 AM
MisterZero

Just wanted to say that I love how you guys have a "the good, the bad and the ugly thread" for each game. Wish all other team threads did the same. I just noticed that TSN have a video called "the good,the bad and the Duthie" lol. Did TSN copy you guys or did you start these threads after a TSN video or something similar. Have to say it's the first time I've seen TSN have such a video.

MisterZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:25 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
Still, Ruff has been mum about Roy's play and hasn't called him out like he has for just about every other struggling player.
Ruff's called him out a few times, he called him out a few games back for taking that bad penalty in OT.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Goose08

The only "Good" I would like to point out is the 38-26 edge we had in faceoffs. I feel like more often then not, that catagory is, at best, a "Bad".

Goose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I was dealing with my daughter who was so appalled by their defensive play that she puked midway into the second period. I missed the third and haven't watched the DVR of it yet -- only the highlights from NHL.com this morning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
You can't have Tallinder's goal in the good and Goose in the ugly at the same time IMO...without Goose throwing a huge screen in front of Mason, that shot had no chance. Goose was also 76% on his draws. Honestly I didn't think he was that bad.
The fourth line gave up a goal. And they created two, had two fights and brought more to the table than the spare-part line. Factor in Goose on draws and I thought they had a pretty solid night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterZero View Post
Just wanted to say that I love how you guys have a "the good, the bad and the ugly thread" for each game. Wish all other team threads did the same. I just noticed that TSN have a video called "the good,the bad and the Duthie" lol. Did TSN copy you guys or did you start these threads after a TSN video or something similar. Have to say it's the first time I've seen TSN have such a video.
I started doing these about 9-10 years ago on the ESPN boards during the playoffs or after "big" games and then here 7-8 years ago. After the lockout, it became the way to differentiate between the game thread and the post-game thread, so I tried to have one for every game that year and it's stuck with us, thankfully. It has nothing to do with TSN, just a catchy way to encapsulate the team's performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose08 View Post
The only "Good" I would like to point out is the 38-26 edge we had in faceoffs. I feel like more often then not, that catagory is, at best, a "Bad".
Gaustad lead the way too.

11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Jame
Dream '16

the good
- Petey, that's hardcore. two 2 minute plus bouts in the span of 15 minutes. I respect that.
- Connolly was the best forward on the ice most of the time.
- Is Hecht one of the best forecheckers in hockey? he amazes me sometimes
- Vanek was creating all night, i can't believe he didn't bury one.
- the 4th line was effective, Mair, Goose, and Pete all contributed in their own 4th line ways.

the bad
- relinquishing a 3 goal 1st period lead
- Roy continuing to be offensively useless
- Max with easily his worst game of the year
- Rivet seems to have some mobility issues since returning
- Miller needs to get his rebound control back

the ugly
- No Kaleta, seriously out hit by the Blues

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
I've noticed so far this season that there's some serious young talent out there. Maybe not to the level of Malkin, Ovechkin, etc...but tonight Patrik Berglund had me 100% sure we picked the wrong Vasteras player in the 06 draft.

Add this to the previous games where Bryan Little tore us apart, and even though his scoring line suggests otherwise, I have a feeling that Evgeny Artukhin from TB is going to be awesome. Not really surprising, but Stasny from COL made me extremely jealous that we don't have him.

As much as I like watching Buffalo, it seems like there's a huge influx of high end young talent cropping up lately, and that can only be good for the game.

I absolutely loved Lydman's pinch at center ice to create the one goal, and Vanek's VANEKSMASH + shocking acceleration splitting through two defenders to get 2 shots on goal. He usually finishes though, but it was an awesome move no matter how it ended.

lecherous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous View Post
I've noticed so far this season that there's some serious young talent out there. Maybe not to the level of Malkin, Ovechkin, etc...but tonight Patrik Berglund had me 100% sure we picked the wrong Vasteras player in the 06 draft.
i knew that on draft day... i was so pissed then, and i don't even want to think about it now

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
the ugly
- No Kaleta, seriously out hit by the Blues
I didn't agree with taking him out of the lineup. But I bet he'll be out hunting tomorrow looking for a big jolt to remind Lindy of what he can bring.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i knew that on draft day... i was so pissed then, and i don't even want to think about it now
I didn't mind the Persson selection back then. It's really beginning to look like a poor choice however. I'll reserve judgement on Dennis until he at least comes over to play in the AHL.

Personally, it's the 2005 draft that pisses me off

Last edited by Vito_81: 11-13-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote