HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal’s team needs.

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Montreal’s team needs.

I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that Montreal’s biggest needs were a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman. Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.

Old
07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that Montreal’s biggest needs were a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenseman. Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.
i think McCarty would be the only player of intrest because the other big names such as lidstrom and hatcher would cost too much and their salaries are astronomical. he would add another element of toughness to the lineup and could ease the losst of langdon, but he also has alot more offense than langdon as well.

He would definetly protect the young guys.

Old
07-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
i think McCarty would be the only player of intrest because the other big names such as lidstrom and hatcher would cost too much and their salaries are astronomical. he would add another element of toughness to the lineup and could ease the losst of langdon, but he also has alot more offense than langdon as well.

He would definetly protect the young guys.

McCarty for me too. The rest isn't worth what it would take to land them and/or the astronomical salaries that come with them (in the Habs context anyway).

Old
07-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Lets try

I wonder what it would take to get Jody Shelly away from Columbus?

I would love to see him wearing a habs jersey.

Old
07-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
C Pavel Datsyuk
If someday Datsyuk is a HABS, I'm gonna DANCE NAKED around the Bell Centre. He is simply my FAVORITE NHL player. (Kovalchuk 1B)

Old
07-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
If someday Datsyuk is a HABS, I'm gonna DANCE NAKED around the Bell Centre. He is simply my FAVORITE NHL player. (Kovalchuk 1B)
For the sake of the mental state of anyone who would see that display i hope he is never traded to montreal. :lol

Old
07-10-2004, 11:09 PM
felixd

I would be very interested in Dandenault or Fischer. Throw me a proposal because I'm having trouble juding their value, I think Fischer's value might have gone down because of his serious injury a couple of years ago(forget what it was thought). As for Dandenault, he seems highly underrated so I can't tell what his trade value would be.

Old
07-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
For the sake of the mental state of anyone who would see that display i hope he is never traded to montreal. :lol
Maybe I'm a chippendale that a lot of women lust for me :lol

Old
07-10-2004, 11:14 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
I'd take Holmstrom any day.

Old
07-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

Looking at professionnal hockey's situation, i guess the best player we could get for a good price is Mccarty. He'd be a good fit on our 4th line with Begin and we'd have (finnaly) a steady goon that knows how to score more than 1 goal per season.

Aside from that, i guess Jiri Hudler has a bright future ahead of him so i wouldnt spit on that.
Tomas Holmstrom would help our PP but thats about it. I don't even have room for him on both our scoring lines.

Old
07-11-2004, 12:15 AM
tinyzombies

I've heard those Jiri Fischer rumors too and it's hard to believe. He plays left D though, so it doesn't solve our problem. Gainey was interested in Robert Lang last year before Detroit got him and then he had to settle for Kovalev. But we have Bonk now and that solves his big right-handed centerman desire.

The guy I'd like to have off YOUR list is probably DERIAN HATCHER. He is overpaid, so I don't know what we'd give up or if it even makes sense. If Detroit picked up a couple mil on his salary, I would easily give up a first rounder and a prospect for him (Hossa?).

To be specific:
Our most glaring needs are a top 4 defenseman who plays the right side. Up front we need a goalscorer, some grit and a fighter. The defenseman doesn't have to be a top notch 2-way guy, just have a good pair of hands and not cough it up.

IMO, we need TWO top 4 defensemen who can play the right side. But you can't have everything...

Old
07-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Gainey was interested in Robert Lang last year before Detroit got him and then he had to settle for Kovalev. But we have Bonk now and that solves his big right-handed centerman desire.

The guy I'd like to have off YOUR list is probably DERIAN HATCHER. He is overpaid, so I don't know what we'd give up or if it even makes sense. If Detroit picked up a couple mil on his salary, I would easily give up a first rounder and a prospect for him (Hossa?).

To be specific:
Our most glaring needs are a top 4 defenseman who plays the right side. Up front we need a goalscorer, some grit and a fighter. The defenseman doesn't have to be a top notch 2-way guy, just have a good pair of hands and not cough it up.

IMO, we need TWO top 4 defensemen who can play the right side. But you can't have everything...
Well i think acquiring Bonk didnt help our need to get a Right handed Center since Bonk shoots Left, but at least we get a good center , who's not like 5'10 . Bonk can only help our team, no matter what.

Hatcher would be great, specially when we know souray has been more off than on the ice for the past 3 or 4 years. But like you said, he's overpaid and we never know what can happen with the bad Knee injury he had (Knee injuries can be disastrous, see bure)

Old
07-11-2004, 12:33 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov
Well i think acquiring Bonk didnt help our need to get a Right handed Center since Bonk shoots Left, but at least we get a good center , who's not like 5'10 . Bonk can only help our team, no matter what.

Hatcher would be great, specially when we know souray has been more off than on the ice for the past 3 or 4 years. But like you said, he's overpaid and we never know what can happen with the bad Knee injury he had (Knee injuries can be disastrous, see bure)
I guess we would be interested in Lang then also, if Detroit picked up some money... Legace would be nice too...

Old
07-11-2004, 11:44 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtalenkov

Hatcher made two bonehead plays in the playoffs this year that led the other teams two score. Twice it was the exact same play. It's hard to describe, but he was coming back into his defensive zone to get a puck that had been dumped in and he backhanded it right onto a Predators player's stick who scored pretty easily. He did it again against Calgary. That left a very sour taste in my mouth of Hatcher, but to give him the benefit of the doubt, he hadn't been playing very long(just recovering from the injury), so he probably wasn't in his "rythm". That said, I'd take Hatcher anyday.

Old
07-11-2004, 02:09 PM
mcphee

Holmstrom and McCarty are the type of players who make their teams better, while not putting up big numbers. Both have the ability to slide up and down to different lines depending on the team's needs. However they are the type of players who an org. should be able to develop if they are going to be successful long term. They can be added if you are one player away but that's not the case. I like Fischer, and disagree with Rake in that I'd prefer obtaining a LD, but don't think he would be cheap to obtain. If Det. wants to get younger, what point would that serve ? I think Mtl.'s biggest need is a star. Someone who is close to the best at what he does. Preferably a big mean winger who can be fed by our centers who are all good playmakers. if this was a year or two from now and we had an accurate gauge of what we have in Perez.,Plekanec,Higgins,Kost and many more, it would be time to add a vet like the ones mentionnned above. For right now, I think we have to be conservative and let some players develop. Then again, I could be 100 % wrong and tomorrow,there will be a big deal for a vet or a UFA.

Closed Thread